Sign in to follow this  
Jaime

Launching mods in rearmed

Hi guys

Im trying to lauch a few mods with take on rearmed but I have a few problems and doubt. First of all y what to launch toh rearmed with a few islands and the ace mod stable version 1.13. I normaly use lauchers and have no problems but when y launch with -mod y get loads of errors. Only for info if got Arma 2 and OA in same steam folder and toh in another steam folder. If searched the forums here and armaholic and a few more but theres very little info on this mater.

The other doubt y have is why dint the merge take on onto combined operations and not the other way it would have been more simple and more atracting for the comunity and the people without toh would have the old flight model and the ones with toh would have the new one, some would say its unfair but it limits a lot the amount of people playing and so popularity of this great addon goes away.

Another problem if got is why do transport military helos dont have flares is just very incredible it didnt come included with the game? is the any way to add flares or would they be added with ace mod?

Thx a lot for the help, just point me out some links if you dont want to write to much.

Hi guys

Im trying to lauch a few mods with take on rearmed but I have a few problems and doubt. First of all y what to launch toh rearmed with a few islands and the ace mod stable version 1.13. I normaly use lauchers and have no problems but when y launch with -mod y get loads of errors. Only for info if got Arma 2 and OA in same steam folder and toh in another steam folder. If searched the forums here and armaholic and a few more but theres very little info on this mater.

Check this out (the shortcut part)

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Take_On_Helicopters_-_Rearmed

The other doubt y have is why dint the merge take on onto combined operations and not the other way it would have been more simple and more atracting for the comunity and the people without toh would have the old flight model and the ones with toh would have the new one, some would say its unfair but it limits a lot the amount of people playing and so popularity of this great addon goes away.

Agree!

Another problem if got is why do transport military helos dont have flares is just very incredible it didnt come included with the game? is the any way to add flares or would they be added with ace mod?

Thx a lot for the help, just point me out some links if you dont want to write to much.

imho, i think TOH was a weak heli sim, the sounds, the cockpits, the lack of details...

I was hoping it would be like the "dcs ka-50", or even better. But toh is not even close to that...

In my case i wasnt expecting ka 50, because y already have it, but expecting just a simple but realistic and functional flight model and y think toh is just perfect, this combined with the awesome arma and its mods makes a very alive sim that for example ka 50 cant even imagine, players in tanks, troops, sams, and much more that enriches the flight experience.

It just needs like y told you before a good merging between arma and toh or polishing it and flares for military transport helos that is sacrilige!!! to not have and y dont think it would take months of work just copy paste the ones on the hinds.

And another thing that y dont understand is why change the editors menu, now its a nightmare if done lots of editing in arma and im quite lots now editing.

If tried the solutions on the link you have posted and yes y can launch with some mods but still get errors ill post the errors and see if you may help.

a) You need the right mod order as described on the wiki page. Otherwise it fails.

b) The OA engine is far older and does not support many of the features of TKOH.

c) BI decided to make TKOH standalone rather than as an addon - we can only speculate about the reasons and accept their decision making.

d) At least there seems to be a chance to see the TKOH FM be available in A3 (alpha or later).

Thanks PVPscene

Didnt know about engine features, but im very satisfied with toh the only thing I was pointing out is it will be more dificult for bohemia to sell.

Ok back to topic this is my route and the problem is its to big for the shorcut.

"-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;@panthera;H:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe;H:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2oa.exe;H:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\Expansion;H:\Steam\steamapps\common\take on helicopters\Rearmed"

FORGET ABOUT THE SHORCUT IF CREATED A BAT FILE WITH A FRIEND.

The problem its giving lots of errors like if arma 2 and arma 2 oa were not loading why can this be?

Will this be ok never had trouble adding mods or shorcut nether to me or the server we use.

Thx a lot for the help guys.

Edited by Jaime

You forgot to add TKOH to the modline. So it should be:

"-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX _USNavy;@panthera;H:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;H:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;H:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\Expansion;H:\Steam\steamapps\common\take on helicopters;Rearmed"

And the exe part has no right to be there too. :)

You (only) need full path for mods outside the TKOH game folder.

Or you can use junctions or symlinks to make windows believe the stuff resides also in the TKOH folder rather to copy stuff in there.

Read more here: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/heaven/wiki/Virtual_folders_and_files

Does that help?

Thanks a lot mate

Its worked great, I had to copy the mods onto the toh folder and thats all, now I have to start testing and see what is working well and what not.

It was very funy that the main menu of the game was bugged because of the ace configuration apearing on the old arrowhead menu and you cannot exit the game jejeje have to finish the program.

If see there is a take on ace has anybody here tried it?

Have anyone got any good mods running in this?

I tried to add ACE, fallujah, sthud etc, but none seem to work...

What means not work? Also for ACE there is a specific version, so is for CBA.

Well, to get them active while gaming...

This is my "shortcut" running in a .bat file

anything wrong here?:

REM echo off

start "" "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\takeonh.exe" "-mod=@cba;@cba_a2;@cba_oa;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_sm;@acex_usnavy;@fallujah;@sthud;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters;Rearmed" -nosplash

pause

a) Twice C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

b) You may need the TKOH version of CBA and ACE as said before

c) Did you copy the mods to your TKOH folder or used some junctions?

a) while reading the description, i thaught that OA had to be listed aswell. But maybe the OA isnt in the ARMA 2 folder.

"-mod=@mod1;@mod2;c:\path\to\Arma2;c:\path\to\Arrowhead;c:\path\to\Arrowhead\Expansion;c:\path\to\TKOH;Rearmed"

b) I tried to only start it with some simple mod that don´t require CBA, but it also fails.

c) Neither... Got Fallujah working by putting it in the ARMA 2 AddOns tho...

Oh and when statring it this way, the hind addon doesnt run :-(

For hinds you need to add it to the modline too of course. :)

-mod=Hinds;...

You need the mods you want to load along in the TKOH folder or make windows believe they are (junctions/symlinks) or use absolute path for each mod, like in the example for A2/OA.

Alright, i´ll try... do you have to make a junction for every "@mod" folder?

my head will soon go :cry2:

Alright, i´ll try... do you have to make a junction for every "@mod" folder?

my head will soon go :cry2:

Haha, it is convenient to do it that way, just junction any @mod folder you want to load with toh into the toh folder; that way you can select any and all expansions you want from within the game and leave your game launch shortcut with no parameters at all.

Somewhat of a pain, yes, but not hard once you get into a rhythm. Open up "cmd" (or your terminal of choice), change directory to your tkoh folder and type:

mklink /j "@CBA" "C:\full\path\to\your\@CBA"

mklink /j "@CBA_A2" "C:\full\path\to\your\@CBA_A2"

mklink /j "@CBA_OA" "C:\full\path\to\your\@CBA_OA"

etc.

Strip your game startup shortcut of all -mod parameters. If you're using the beta, make a shortcut to the beta .exe, and set it to "Start in:" your main tkoh folder.

Now launch the game, go to expansions, and you should be able to enable everything here: Arma 2 OA Common, Arma 2, Expansion, Hinds, Noisecontrollers, Tkoh, CBA, etc...

If all the arma 2 options are not available, take a look at some of the more recent posts on getting Rearmed to install successfully. First make sure to validate your installation if you're using Steam. Then, make sure you run Arma 2 and also Arma 2 OA at least once by themselves, probably best to run them as administrator. Finally, if you're using steam to launch the game - you don't have to; you can just use a normal shortcut, but you certainly are also welcome to do it this way - but launch Steam as administrator.

That should clear up any issues anybody is having with anything. If you are using anything with CBA or dependant on CBA, you will need also to get @CBA_TOH in your tkoh folder. I got it with Six Updater; not sure if it can be found elsewhere.

Try this app. It makes it really easy:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/heaven/wiki/Virtual_folders_and_files

Especially if you put all your mods in one folder like:

.\arma2\mods\*

You only need to junction/symlink one time. And you launch mods with -mod=mods\XXX;mods\YYY

Or use absolute path as suggested:

-mod=x:\path\to\mod

I had some success with mods from A2CO(RH weapons,Vilas polish army,FDF mod and other units or islands),I simply copy/pasted the mod folders in ToH main folder and activated them via Expansions menu.