Sign in to follow this  
nosecone

reversing collective on my Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 Joystick

Hi all

I have a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 Joystick and the slider control operates the collective. I want to reverse the assignment but have trouble in the takes on helicoptrs control menu.

Rhys

Hi all

I have a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 Joystick and the slider control operates the collective. I want to reverse the assignment but have trouble in the takes on helicoptrs control menu.

Rhys

I believe you should be able to go into the section of the Controls options menu where you can manually assign controls. Then find where it says "cyclic up/down" or "nose up/down" (or maybe "pitch up/down"), sorry I don't remember the terminology used here. One will likely have the name of one of your joystick axes with a +, and the other with a - (ie Sidewinder Precision 2 Z Axis + / Sidewinder Precision 2 Z Axis -). It may not look or sound exactly like that but effectively these should be the settings. Simply select these controls for reassignment, move the axis in the opposite direction of what is currently bound, and then delete the original binding. Thus your + will now be - and vice versa.

That should be all that's required; it worked that way on my saitek x52.

Thanks dwringer

Once I had removed the collective assignmemts and re mapped them things are working fine

Rhys

Thanks dwringer

Once I had removed the collective assignmemts and re mapped them things are working fine

Rhys

Glad to help, sorry my post was full of misunderstandings. You said collective, and I named pretty much every axis EXCEPT that one ;)