Sign in to follow this  
domcho

OFP texture problems.

Hello. Recently I installed OFP and patched it to 1.96. This is the first time I run the game on my new PC and I have 2 problems.

1st I get 2 mouse cursors in the game.

2nd I have problem with the texture. Roads are blurry, trees look awful and some vehicles and weapons look awful as well.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/35/flashpointresistance201t.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/flashpointresistance201y.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/flashpointresistance201h.jpg/

My video card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 2gb vram

CPU is Intel Core i5

On my previous PC I had no such problems with OFP and I was with NVIDIA GeForce 7600 gs. Please help :( I reinstalled the game but this did not fix the problem. Default resolution was 1024x768x32 so I changed it to 1920x1080x32 but problem remained. I also messed with the other graphic options, nothing changed.

Edited by Domcho

You could try going to the configuration menu of OFP before opening the game (the place where you change language), click Advanced, go to textures and increase the size of them

Also in the same Advanced menu, go to Details part, and decrease the LOD setting for models or shadows to 0.010 or so

Have you tried lowering the value for " Limit_LOD= " ?

That's in the Flashpoint.Cfg in your main directory.

You could try going to the configuration menu of OFP before opening the game (the place where you change language), click Advanced, go to textures and increase the size of them

Also in the same Advanced menu, go to Details part, and decrease the LOD setting for models or shadows to 0.010 or so

That worked. Really thanks a lot. I saw those options earlier but I was afraid that if I change something I might mess everything up. Still gonna play with the numbers to see how things change. Thank you so much, now the trees and tanks don't look like my drawings and paintings I did when I was 5 years old. LOL.

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Have you tried lowering the value for " Limit_LOD= " ?

That's in the Flashpoint.Cfg in your main directory.

I do not know much about the Cfg. I once read that if you modify it and play multiplayer an inbuilt anti-cheat thingy makes your gameplay bad, like inaccurate aiming but I think it depends on what you modified. :P

Like a lot of people I don't use the configuration utility.I prefer to edit the values in Flashpoint.cfg itself.

As for Multiplayer,I think you're confusing Flashpoint.cfg with the Config.cpp.Which are two very different

files.

Anyway.As long as you got what you needed that's what matters. :)