Sign in to follow this  
NacroxNicke

Liberation 41-45 and CWA

Seems that CWA 1.99 crashes Liberation 41-45 everytime a tank moves to whatever position, or randomly after starting a firefight.

Somebody has had this same problem and knows the fix or something?

Thanks.

Hi NacroxNicke,

sorry for putting up this thread so late but do you play Lib mod via the shortcut that comes with the installation ?

I have installed lib and all the patches on my desktop then move it to my cwa folder and made a own shortcut with -nosplash -mod=LIB

and I have no problems with crashes

Greetings

Edited by PuS

Hi Günter Severloh,

You are right but after all the installs only the Lib vehicles in WW2MP had the great damage system (readme I think says all vehicles would have it?!?), I think you know what I mean, I only play the "new" released caen mod and LIB, but thanks alot for your information.

Greetings

You guys should get WW2MP, it has Lib mod and all the WW2 addon and mods in it, its much more thorough in its WW2 feel then Libmod alone, see here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?106602-WWII-MP-Released!&highlight=WW2mp

Yeah I know, but I was trying to play some SP missions for CWA

But nevermind, I just installed it in OFP 1.96

Hey Pus,

You said you got Lib to work by creating your own shortcut, but I'm not entirely sure what file I create a shortcut of. I dragged the Lib mod folder into the cwa folder already but I don't know what to do after that. When I try launching the game with the shortcut the download gives you, it says that the Resistance exe cannot be found. Can you please tell me the exact steps that you took in order to do this. It would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, Go to the directory (folder) where you have CWA (OFP for me) and find the resistance.exe, right click it and send to desktop, by doing that it will create

a link from your desktop to the game files.

For using Libmod you really only need the libmod.exe which is in the LIb mod folder, do the same as i described above.

Make sure that the start in part of the shortcut points to the folder where CWA is, and then the Target points to the libmod.exe

for example this is what i have for libmod (i play with WW2MP actually) but for you this is what I have:

Start in

E:\Games\OperationFlashpoint

Target

E:\Games\OperationFlashpoint\libmod.exe

hope that helps.

I'm at the CWA folders but I cannot find the resistance.exe, or the Libmod.exe. It also doesn't help that the installation for the Libmod is in Russian. So i'm not sure if there's a installation problem. If you can give me any tips on where to find the exe clients in these folders it would be greatly appreciated.

I dont have CWA, I have the original OFP + Resistance, so im not sure if anything has changed since the new update to the game, which i doubt,

but the resistance.exe should be in main directory itself, basically you open the CWA folder and you should see a bunch of other folders and then

outside of all the folders is the exe, it should look like a red flag with a hammer and sycle on it.

Libmod exe will be in the same area as the resistance .exe.

is it possible you can post a link to a screenshot of your directory, then i can better see what you have, as if its anything like my setup then it

should be where I explained if not then I could possibly tell you where.

TBH You shoudl try WW2MP instead,

it is a compilation mod of all the WW2 content from OFP, it has LIb mod in it, as well as I44, and other addons.

I'm at the CWA folders but I cannot find the resistance.exe, or the Libmod.exe. It also doesn't help that the installation for the Libmod is in Russian. So i'm not sure if there's a installation problem. If you can give me any tips on where to find the exe clients in these folders it would be greatly appreciated.

Hehe, the joys of having used the same brand installers (there really are only a few common ones) so many times that I know what button does what even if it's in a foreign language. Of course that doesn't hold up for everyone. Never mind my ramblings, have you found any files created by the installer? If so, what location are they in? The default location that most OFP mods made before the game got renamed CWA will offer to install to should be "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\". Are there any files there?

What is the location of your CWA installation?

I dont have CWA, I have the original OFP + Resistance, so im not sure if anything has changed since the new update to the game, which i doubt,

but the resistance.exe should be in main directory itself, basically you open the CWA folder and you should see a bunch of other folders and then

outside of all the folders is the exe, it should look like a red flag with a hammer and sycle on it.

Libmod exe will be in the same area as the resistance .exe.

*Cough* ColdWarAssault.exe, CWA only has one executable *cough*

http://puu.sh/2cR4z

This is the link to my CWA folder, as you can see it has the libmod folder inside of it. I don't see any resistance.exe, but I think I might have an idea of whats happening. Maybe the new patch(ArmaCWA) combined resistance into the base game, so there is only one exe file. I don't think it matters but I bought this game off of steam, the files would still be the same though.

This 2nd link will be to inside the libmod folder.

http://puu.sh/2cRx8

I have not downloaded any patches to the libmod, I figured I would get the game to work first.

You said I should try out the WW2MP mod instead. For the mod, would I download all 4 of the files? Or only a certain one? And also thank you for your time.

*Cough* ColdWarAssault.exe, CWA only has one executable *cough*

Ya so does resistance, whats your point? Lib mod has its own exe, at least for me it does.

As i said i dont have the CWA, i have the original OFP and resistance so im going by what i have, obviously it would be the ColdWarAssault.exe of course from

what I can see in his screenshot, i didn't know the name was changed, the folder is setup no different then it was for OFP, and Res.

I don't see any resistance.exe

because you have CWA your looking for the ColdWarAssault.exe it says ColdWarAssault, its right above ColdWarAssault_server.

Thats what application is, and exe.

The Libmod i see has no exe, thats funny, my version does, well anyways here what you do.

Go to the ColdWarAssault.exe right click it and then send to desktop (create shortcut)

from there after the ColdWarAssault.exe add the following codes:

so it should look like this after you add the codes:

ColdWarAssault.exe -nosplash -mod=LIBMOD

remember only one space after the exe.

once you add them hit apply, and then double click the shortcut and see how it runs.

Thanks for posting the links to those screenshots!

Hope that helps.

When you say add the following codes, where do I go to add them? Do I add them to the shortcut I created or the main exe. client? Is it simply just renaming the document? I did what you said with just renaming the document but nothing worked. Sorry for all the trouble i'm giving you but i'm very inexperienced with mod installation.

---------- Post added at 02:42 ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 ----------

Never-mind about where it's located, I found the target where you type the code in at. Though it accepts the code when I hit apply, It still only launches regular CWA. Is the LIBMOD folder just supposed to sit in the CWA folder?

When you say add the following codes, where do I go to add them? Do I add them to the shortcut I created or the main exe. client?

Is it simply just renaming the document?

What i said previously

Go to the ColdWarAssault.exe right click it and then send to desktop (create shortcut)

from there after the ColdWarAssault.exe add the following codes:

Basically you add the codes to the target line of the shortcut you created which would be on your desktop. By creating a

shortcut and using that you are creating like an extension of the game's exe that is located in the main CWA folder, you just creating a link

with a command that tells it what to load.

Can you post your shortcut's target line so we can look at and confirm that you have it correct?

Also as ProfTournesol had pointed out based on what you asked, the mod folder in the CWA folder stays where it at, you got everything right,

you just need to setup your shortcut so like i said the game launches with the mod. if the mod is not in the CWA folder aka (directory)

then the game cant read it or launch it or rather load it.

So post your shortcut's target line and lets see what you got going.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARMA Cold War Assault\ColdWarAssault.exe" -nosplash -mod=LIBMOD

This is what the Target location looks like.

I type in: ColdWarAssault.exe -nosplash -mod=LIBMOD,

and then it turns into what I have up above when I hit apply.

http://puu.sh/2dmAl

This is a screenshot of what it looks like.

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:13 ----------

Hey Günter Severloh, thanks for the help. I didn't do anything differently but the mod just started working for me. But now I will have a better idea of how these mods work for future reference.

Good deal, you got it right.

Normally we use a @ sign in the title of a mod folder to distinguish it as a mod over other folders, if you were to do this

and its optional, make sure you make the change to your target line too.

Also as i had recommended before the mod WW2MP is an Awesome mod to play with, I would seriously urge you to check it out:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?106602-WWII-MP-Released!&highlight=WW2mp

Anyways your welcome.