Sign in to follow this  
Hrabosky

Need help after Arma2 & OA install

I have TOH with latest patch installed. I downloaded & installed Arma2 & OA. Now when starting TOH I get a error "No entry'config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow" Then if I click OK on it, I get another error " Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0" After that desktop.

I did some searching and found info about "pixel shader" & some other way to launch, that I didn't understand. Do you I need to reinstall TOH ?

Thanks for any help

Tried TOH reinstall, no help

Applied updates ARMA2OA_Update_160, & ARMA2OA_Update_162 fixed the problem

Edited by Hrabosky
update

Hi,

I am using the Steam versions of A2, Operation Arrowhead, and TOH (All three purchased separately).

I installed the latest beta patch from the TOH website, which does not appear to be the same as the RC3 patch that went out prior to the official release. I did this because Steam has still not updated the game to 1.06.

When I launched the beta, my Arma 2 / Operation Arrowhead installations were NOT available.

First, I tried going to the shortcut, removing the -mod line, etc, and enabling "beta "in the expansions menu in-game.

This still did not cause Arma 2 to show up in the list of available expansions.

Next, I put the modline back, and also specified the paths to my arma 2 and operation arrowhead installations.

Now, when I try to launch TOH, i get the same error: "No entry'config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow"

Arma 2 and Op:arrowhead should already be current, as I run them through Steam all the time. Not to mention that as a Steam user I am discouraged if not outright prohibited from manually patching the game.

EDIT:

SORRY! I got this working now. It was just a problem with my ability to follow directions. I had the order of my modline shortcut incorrect.

You must specify -mod="path-to-arma";Beta, in that order; if you put Beta first the game will not know what to do with A2 assets.

Edited by dwringer

If you all keep solving the problems you find, we will not have anything to do! ;) JK

Glad you have it working now.

If you all keep solving the problems you find, we will not have anything to do! ;) JK

Take on Apache.....

;-)

Edited by Jedra
sarcasm added!

Take on Apache.....

;-)

This.

Also, any free/paid DLC which adds more missions to the game. This is one of the few games where I would actually pay to have more missions.