Sign in to follow this  
Kenzo19

Predator Animals

I was wondering maybe for Arma 2 or even Arma 3 there could be a way to implement Deadly predator animals such as wolfs, Bears, Aligators and everything else that can be thought of as a predator to make walking in the forest/jungle more of a danger. Im not saying random animals from nowhere, i mean if the mission creator/host wants it on or not because obviously it would take effect on FPS/performance so thats why an option or paramater would be perfect. Sorry if this is a repost but i couldnt find it.

Have a look at Icebreakr's Lingor map, that comes with crocodiles and snakes.

Apart from that, I 100% agree that more predators, and indeed animals of all kinds (eg horses, cats, camels, donkeys, etc etc) would be a great addition.

It’s a very good idea, fps would be an issue.

I have a horse, can’t remember who’s addon it was, will look it out and put a pic up (if I can find it), wasn’t the best horse, looked like a couple I’ve backed over the years..:o

I've seen fully working tigers, panthers and some other predators successfully engaging players when they get too close. But no official release (yet) ;)

Alligators are on Lingor (use module F7 in editor) made by Charon and also couple of deadly snakes made by CSJ.

Have a look at Icebreakr's Lingor map, that comes with crocodiles and snakes.

Apart from that, I 100% agree that more predators, and indeed animals of all kinds (eg horses, cats, camels, donkeys, etc etc) would be a great addition.

yeah ive tried the crocodiles on Lingor its cool, but you know mainly things in forests. Ive tried the snakes they dont seem to attack.

I am terrified of donkeys. Please, no donkeys.

I support the idea as a module like the OP stated, but not in vanilla gameplay. I think most animals are smart enough to be terrified of people, especially groups of people.

I love the idea of animals being startled.

I know that there's a mod that simulates birds flying off.

More than once it has saved our bacon!

Ok someones got to say it, may as well be me :) ...................DINOSAURS!!!!!!

Senarios, loads of them like:- Jurassic Park, Terra Nova, The Land that Time Forgot and Jurassic Park ;)

Game modes like CTE (Capture the Egg) STE (Steal the Egg) and not forgetting the old favorite DDTFE (Don't Drop the Fookin Egg).

Total Mods like DINO Z

The list is endless..........it's what the world has been waiting for.

I would love this idea too, but don't expect it to happen with arma's wonky animation.

I mean they can't even add the animation for female to drive!!! (sexist much?)

predator animals would as well be impossible for themm

I think the idea is great.

Try to go on a sniper mission with your buddy, when you come across an angry ant hive. You try to make a 1000m shot with 500+ fire ants crawling around you.