Sign in to follow this  
T.S.C.Plage

1.06 inspections don't work correctly

Since I've installed 1.06 the pre-flight/repair inspections don't work correctly anymore. The eye-symbol appears but the circle around it doesn't animates and there's no result of the inspection. I've noticed that an option to check the respective part now appears in the actionmenu but if you select it still nothing happens. Am I the only one with this bug?

Besides that Operation Gauntlet from the ArmA2 PMC DLC is accessible from the menu even if you're just running the Lite version of it. If you start it you'll get an error message about missing content and get thrown back. Don't know if that's intended?

The PMC DLC shown is a limitation we were not able to overcome.

Does the inspections problem happen both with and without Rearmed?

Yes, please can you disable Rearmed in the Expansions menu (restart) and let us know whether that makes the inspections work again?

Huh, I haven't encountered this problem, but I did have a problem where after I installed the latest patch, I went into the career and started inspecting my chopper for damage; when I looked at one of the parts (Fuel tank, I believe) that needed "work", the game simply froze.

EDIT: no, not exactly big news for a game on this engine to crash a mortal PC, but for the record it's the only crash I can recall from the product on this system, at least ;)

But anyway, I wasn't able to reproduce it - when I reloaded the game, the damage to be repaired was actually slightly different, but I didn't have any troubles.

Since I've installed 1.06 the pre-flight/repair inspections don't work correctly anymore. The eye-symbol appears but the circle around it doesn't animates and there's no result of the inspection. I've noticed that an option to check the respective part now appears in the actionmenu but if you select it still nothing happens. Am I the only one with this bug?

Besides that Operation Gauntlet from the ArmA2 PMC DLC is accessible from the menu even if you're just running the Lite version of it. If you start it you'll get an error message about missing content and get thrown back. Don't know if that's intended?

The inspections work for me in the Heliport career section. However, in addition to the non-functional PMC Black Gauntlet campaign appearing, I also see the Cold War Crisis Demo (CWR2 campaign) appearing. I have the CWR2 campaign pbo installed in the ../Arma 2/Expansion/Campaigns folder.

It seems like the inspections actually work but because the way how they work was changed it wasn't obvious for me. The problem acutally is that before the patch you would look at a part and get an animation that you're inspecting it and then a result (part ok or dammaged). Now you look at the part get no animation and just have to select the according entry from the actionmenu which if the part is not dammaged returns absolutely no info.

I suggest you eather switch back to the old version or simply give the player some feedback even if the part he is inspecting is ok.

Besides that I'd really like to know all the positions to check on each helicopter. I had it more then ones especially with the "heavy" helicopter that I thought I actually had checked everything but still had about three or more parts unchecked and didn't knew where to find them. I thought this maybe gets explained in the so called "introduction" mission of the carreer but when I try to start it it just loads up and then gives me a black screen and nothing else happens (game doesn't freezes, HD-LED starts to flash in a constant cycle).

It would be nice to get some feedback about the inspection system (why was it changed, do you plan to improve it and so on). Besides that it has to be made crystal clear for everybody how these inspections work and where to look at. The manual is not helping much in that case and as I'm not able to play the mission that deals with it I can't say if it does.

The problem acutally is that before the patch you would look at a part and get an animation that you're inspecting it and then a result (part ok or dammaged). Now you look at the part get no animation and just have to select the according entry from the actionmenu which if the part is not dammaged returns absolutely no info.

I haven't experienced this effect at all. Is this a campaign you started from scratch after installing the patch, or a savegame from before the update? I have been using a previous save from 1.05.

T.S.C.Plage, for me, with 1.06, the animated inspection icons are as before. No change that I can see. I loaded the Heliport career "mission" from the campaign that I had completed LONG before 1.06 was installed.

Before the patch the circle around the "eye" icon was animated and if a part was undamaged a check mark would replace the eye and if it was damaged a cross would appear. Now it's just the eye without animation and an actionmenu option.

I've installed the NC DLC after the patch but don't think this is the problem. I'm running the latest OA version without any DLC with Rearmed.

But I've hopefully found all the parts to inspect now. Was missing all the stuff you've to check from the cockpit (batteries, lights, hydraulics).

"Introduction" mission in the carreer is still bugged. Any advice?

Holding down the Alt key when standing back a little from the heli will show you all the places to inspect.