Sign in to follow this  
Spitzkopf

Running maps and mods on DEDI server?

So my problem looks like this:

Two days ago, I decided to run my own Dedicated server to play and use mods on with my friend.

I succesfully set up the server but have stumbled upon some problems regarding mods...

The server has no problems with running mods like ASR_AI, COSLX, or RYD_HAC

But whenever I try to load mods like ACE, I44 or The Unsung and start a mission with one of these the loading screen shows up for approximately one second and then it dissapears again.

This happens whenever I try to start a mission wich is either using custom content like weapons, vehicles or unit skins or when it contains a custom island. Stock missions or own missions on the default maps work just fine.

I have used the search function and read all the threads regarding mods already but my problems seems to be of a more individual nature.

Any help is appreciated.

PS: Sorry if my English isn't the best but I think it suffices.

@Wolf5

"-config=C:\Programme\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\server.cfg" -mod=@CBA; @CBA_A2; @CBA_OA; @I44

If it's that what you mean by start command, I really haven't much experience yet.

Edited by Spitzkopf

ArmA2?

I44 need Combined Operation and ACE also.

Lauch your server in CO

I have Combined Operations and also use the CO server.

I44 was just my current try, I used a custom mission on Podagorsk before and it didn't work either.

@Wolf5

"-config=C:\Programme\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\server.cfg" -mod=@CBA; @CBA_A2; @CBA_OA; @I44

If it's that what you mean by start command, I really haven't much experience yet.

There shall be no space after ; between mods.

-mod=@cba;@cba_a2 = right

-mod=@cba; @cba_a2 = wrong

But whenever I try to load mods like ACE, I44 or The Unsung and start a mission with one of these the loading screen

shows up for approximately one second and then it dissapears again.

So what exactly is the problem, then other then the loading screen, your not playing with mods and missions for the loading screen,

unless you created one and are testing it.

Loading screen is loaded based on what you put in the description.ext of a mission.

So basically what Im getting is the server runs fine with all the mods and mission just the loading screen per mission you try, only lasts 1 sec or is very short.

ACE, I44 and Unsung have their own loading screens for the mods themselves, but loading screens for a server are mission specific.

So speaking of mission, what mission/s are you trying to run and for what mod/s I44?

and again as posted your command line should look something like this based on what you have posted:

should be this:

"-config=C:\Programme\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\server.cfg" -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@I44

not:

no spaces!

As also asked post your RPT.

Sorry that explanation backfired...

I meant that the loading screen appears for a second, but the game does not finish to load the mission. I Just get kicked back into the mission selection screen.

As for the missions I try to run: Initially I made a mission with I44 for me and my friend but after it didn't work I made one on Podagorskt just for the sake of testing wether that would work out and because it did not I Dl'ed a mission for I44 to test wether I made some mistakes whith mine.

As soon as I find the time I will post my RPT, shouldn't take too long.