Sign in to follow this  
zeep

What is the last beta that DOESN'T have the server browser limitations?

I can't get used to not seeing all the servers. Why isn't that offered as a client filter option?

But i do want to run beta.

Doesn anybody know what beta was the latest before bis nerved the server browser?

Cheers

The limit to 500 is GameSpy side - a different arma version should not help you there.

BI only tries to tweak the default settings and to get you the most meaningful 500 servers shown.

Use filters to find the specific server or game mode you are looking for.

The limit to 500 is GameSpy side - a different arma version should not help you there.

BI only tries to tweak the default settings and to get you the most meaningful 500 servers shown.

Use filters to find the specific server or game mode you are looking for.

Then how do you explain that I cant find my server with latest beta on clients, and I can find it no problems, without using beta patch? Gamespy limit? Not.

Try it yourself. Open Arma2(CO) with latest beta and go to server browser. Open up filter and type SFRJ ( server name field ). Then stare at empty screen for a moment.

Restart the game without beta, and do the same thing again. See?

I used beta from day one I got this game, and this last change made me drop it. Revert this change BIS, please, or give us the option to go around it - turn it off.

Edited by _MaSSive

Did you read the second sentence? Probably you did not remove the 100 ping limit in the filter set since some recent beta patch.

Did you read the second sentence? Probably you did not remove the 100 ping limit in the filter set since some recent beta patch.

I did, trust me. Also tried 10000 ping and its not working.

Step 1 filters

b1zFCl.jpg

Step 2 results

UIhYil.jpg

Step 3 - restart the game and remove beta

8aybOl.jpg

Edited by _MaSSive

Yeah this is borked. After 96751, Cant see the server I always play on. You can use SU to get in, but thats just like adding the ip/port/PW in a shortcut.

Then how do you explain that I cant find my server with latest beta on clients, and I can find it no problems, without using beta patch? Gamespy limit? Not.

I explain it that there must be some bug in the beta implementation. Sorry for that, but such things happen, that is why it is a beta.

Try it yourself. Open Arma2(CO) with latest beta and go to server browser. Open up filter and type SFRJ ( server name field ). Then stare at empty screen for a moment.

Thank you for reporting the issue with details needed to reproduce it. Now we have a repro, the bug is likely to be fixed quickly. It is impossible to fix issues like "server browser is borked and does not work", but it is well possible to fix bugs which have an easy to follow and reliable repro. I can confirm I can reproduce the issue and the fix should be ready within a day or two.

---------- Post added at 11:03 ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 ----------

Fixed in 96989. The bug was with handling servers with BattlEye not enabled.

If you want your server to be visible to players who are not using filters more often, esp. to players using recent beta versions, you can implement following measures to match server browser prioritization:

- enable BattlEye

- use beta 96016 or newer so that the server location is known to the browser

Thank you very much Suma.

Ive been thinking to CIT this one, but I had a feeling it will be noticed and fixed before I post it on CIT.

We dont really want any attention, as servers are private, so we dont need BE. Will do with Beta 96016 and higher for geo-location ( I think thats how its called? ). Not sure if that matters for us, cause server is hosted by our friend in CH ( Swiss ), and we play from Serbia, Croatia and Bosnia, but anyway he should run recent ( stable ) beta.

So I assume Beta 97028 is the fix?

Edit: Just tried it with 97028 and it works again. Cheers.

Edited by _MaSSive