Sign in to follow this  
lavbo0321

Two Monitors

Hello,

Will Carrier Command: Gaea Mission support two monitors?

And what I am interested in is for example;

On one monitor I have my first person perspective while flying or tanking and on the other the tactical map.

Or vise versa.

Instead of the picture in picture.

TY

This is not possible at this point. Although it is something worth considering for the future!

Martin,

Thank you for your reply.

I would be curius to know how many BI gamers have two monitors. I know a lot of guys who play MP and use one for game and one for messaging etc.

Has anyone done a survey yet?

Thank you for your work on ArmA 2. My graduate school grades were so good! LOL

This is not possible at this point. Although it is something worth considering for the future!

Martin,

I would be curius to know how many BI gamers have two monitors. I know a lot of guys who play MP and use one for game and one for messaging etc.

Well for development two monitors are a must. However I still prefer a single monitor when I'm playing a game, like a "window into the world", say.

I dont have 2 Monitors, but thinking about to have the CC map on 1 screen and the Fp View of the Manta for example as a full screen on the 2nd Monitor... Oh my thats like you could build your own Command Center in RL...

Just think about you could put in a Monitor for every unit. Like 9 Screens, hah that would be so crazy :D

Just saying ;)

This is not about monitors but would the game be able to handle more than one PIP (picture in picture), all 8 vehicles on one screen with reduced frame rate and quality?

This is not about monitors but would the game be able to handle more than one PIP (picture in picture), all 8 vehicles on one screen with reduced frame rate and quality?

Well in tests I have 7 renderviews, however they're all around the one unit.

Only Two monitors? I have three! How about all three monitors in use.. that would be real awesome in this game... at least I think it would be... Have not yet been able to run the game... :(

Only Two monitors? I have three! How about all three monitors in use.. that would be real awesome in this game... at least I think it would be... Have not yet been able to run the game... :(

Three screens here as well - actually I was pleasantly surprised at first because unlike most other games, CC doesn't have issues with a stretched UI that so many games have.

Unfortunately, ultra-widescreen resolutions lead to objects randomly not being rendered, which is worse than a stretched UI as for the latter, there's usually a fix available for most games. I'm afraid the issue with CC can't be fixed by a third party as easily...

1st This game is a lot of fun. I really enjoy it and looked forward to it. Thanks developers! I hoe the future is as bright as ARMA with mission builder, community addons and mods....not sure if that is possible. :yay:

2nd Yeah I have three monitors also and the right and left monitor losing terrain and missing walls can be confusing. If it matter I use a 7950 w/ eyefinity. :(

3rd TrackIR support might be cool.:confused:

4th This has to be the hardest forum I have ever joined. Next they will want a blood sample or my first born. I have built and customized many forums and there is no need for "random" questions to require the need to research on the internet to answer. Marketing, really?........just a waste of my time. :mad:

Please... Thats what was good in Hostile Waters - 1. possibility to see other unit in PIP after one push of number of said unit. 2.transfer to direct control of that unit after second push of number of said unit.

1st This game is a lot of fun. I really enjoy it and looked forward to it. Thanks developers! I hoe the future is as bright as ARMA with mission builder, community addons and mods....not sure if that is possible. :yay:

Yes, a mission builder will be made available, along with a few other tools to make mission/world building easy.

Yes, a mission builder will be made available, along with a few other tools to make mission/world building easy.

Will there be any sort of AI/programming capabilities with this, or more of a drag and drop GUI with a focus on ease of use? I'd definitely love to get a shot at writing some scripts for this game if the modding tool allows it.

You will essentially get the tools that we used to make the game, only improved and bugfixed.

Martin,

Three Monitors here as well, I would like a few strategic games to have multimonitor support, I mean, EVEN the character in the game has two monitors that come together in front of his arm chair, we should have the option.

Unfortunately, I think you'll be waiting a long time :(

I also run 3 screens, 2 x Acer 23", and a 32 Panasonic HDTV - and half the time I want to play CC, I have to physically disconnect the HDVT.

I did enjoy this thread resurrection - previous post "Dram - Oct 1 2012, 14:21 - You will essentially get the tools that we used to make the game, only improved and bugfixed."

We're still waiting nearly a year later!