Sign in to follow this  
tonic-_-

[TVT/CO-55] Wasteland

We use about 5% of your client code as the rest is incomprehensible/doesn't work/done badly.

5%? Are you joking? You just took my version and added Tonic's server side there (which was modified by Marker). 5%?! This is ridiculous. You didn't just take some of my scripts, your entire mission is my mission, 1:1 each file by file (with some changes by now). Even when I made new HUD interface you tried to copy it right away but failed since I moved scripts to server side, yet you took my dialog config and used it together with new Tonic's food\water hud code.

Edit: Sa-Matra, we've found plenty of code you're trying to pass off as your own which was stolen from others. People in glass houses or something.

LOL!! Go ahead, try to give me an example. I really want to know what you will come up with.

Sorry for off-topic Tonic, I just can't stand this, truth has to be told.

Edited by SaMatra

Even when I made new HUD interface you tried to copy it right away but failed since I moved scripts to server side, yet you took my dialog config and used it together with new Tonic's food\water hud code.

See folks? That's what I mean. We were already working on HUD code (hence why ours is different). You seem to think that everything stems from you. It doesn't.

LOL!! Go ahead, try to give me an example. I really want to know what you will come up with.
Alright thank you, wish you luck in development as well. We going to do major update soon which will not feature any of your code (though mission already 90% consists of my code).

Yet still contains huge amounts of code written by other people. I.E. the french arty add-on.

Would you like me to continue?

Yet still contains huge amounts of code written by other people. I.E. the french arty add-on.

To be fair, It's called R3F Artillery & Logistics, it's been in wasteland since the beginning :\

If you two keep it up i'm going to have to get a moderator in here....... So please stop.

Sorry Tonic, just making my point that the mission is made up of loads of different contributions and add-ons so it's unfair for any one party to claim that 90% of it is theirs

That's all from me on the matter but you have to agree it's a fair point, no?

Edited by costlyy

Please do, through PM, I would love to hear that. Beware though, I'll post it up afterwards. You either got lied\misinformed by whoever does coding on your side or deliberately lying and spreading misinformation. Speaking of R3F, its a stock Wasteland feature just like Tonic said, BUT who made "Rotate the object" feature? Who made "Release (horizontal)"? Who made "Lock object"? Me. And now who took it all without any credit or asking? You. Please, let me know about huge amount of code written by other people, please enlighten me. (PM)

Sorry Tonic, just making my point that the mission is made up of loads of different contributions and add-ons so it's unfair for any one party to claim that 90% of it is theirs

We use about 5% of your client code as the rest is incomprehensible/doesn't work/done badly.

Really damn fair claim you did there, mate.

To be fair, It's called R3F Artillery & Logistics, it's been in wasteland since the beginning :\

If you two keep it up i'm going to have to get a moderator in here....... So please stop.

I really hope this will be my last message here on this matter.

Edited by SaMatra

Not sure if this is part of the mod, but when the characters run around they leave a dust trail similar to when the cars drive on the road.... how can i remove this dust trail from the players....?

I also added backpacks to the loot spawn such as the coyote and alice pack, but some of the players can not wear them... is this an ARMA 2 conflict?

So can we get back on topic......

can any one spare a thought for my questions? Thanks

So can we get back on topic......

can any one spare a thought for my questions? Thanks

How exactly did you fix the "Waiting for Host" Error TriGGa?

My clan plans on putting up a dedicated server for this mission, we have had it up for a couple of days now and people love it. We have added some things though, we have added playable Independent slots for our clans members only, they are UN slots. They are there to act as a mediator/government until a new one can be put in place.

At the moment the problems I face are the respawn/initial spawn script, I can not find it? I am trying to set it up so that the UN spawn in the UN base that I have built. Is there any way to change this? Also I want to be able to place food and water in our UN base for sake of UN slots. Or even disable the whole hunger/thirst for my UN. I love the mission entirely and am thankful you guys have this!

So please if I could find out where these respawn scripts are, how to add in game items in the editor. This would be greatly appreciated.

My clan plans on putting up a dedicated server for this mission, we have had it up for a couple of days now and people love it. We have added some things though, we have added playable Independent slots for our clans members only, they are UN slots. They are there to act as a mediator/government until a new one can be put in place.

At the moment the problems I face are the respawn/initial spawn script, I can not find it? I am trying to set it up so that the UN spawn in the UN base that I have built. Is there any way to change this? Also I want to be able to place food and water in our UN base for sake of UN slots. Or even disable the whole hunger/thirst for my UN. I love the mission entirely and am thankful you guys have this!

So please if I could find out where these respawn scripts are, how to add in game items in the editor. This would be greatly appreciated.

The first initial spawn is in core\client_init.sqf

It's the part that goes hey lets setPos.

Then when they die and respawn it's core\onRespawn.sqf you would have to edit those.

As far as disabling hunger you can do it through core\client_init.sqf and make a check if the unit is indep if so don't execute the survival.sqf part.

On a side note, haven't really done anything with Wasteland in the past two months, the latest release was actually a bit of an old update but in the coming weeks I tend on starting work back up on Wasteland and adding in more new things. I've just been burnt out lately with coding anything in general.... Just been enjoying gaming.

Edited by Tonic-_-

This is an awesome idea, what code did you use to allow on your clan members or specific player ids to use these slots only? Does it kick players that are not verified?

Just wondering if anyone can help. Me and a friend were playing Wasteland earlier today and we started to setup and build our own base. When the server admin came on, he performed a server restart, and everything that we had stocked up/ positioned and placed for our base was wiped. Is this normal across all Wasteland servers? Or is just a "feature/ bug" for that specific server?

Wasteland is not persistent.

After a restart the server is wiped...

I have my firedaemon to restart at 1am, 9am and 5pm... I find that 8hours is enough time to do what you want, the server doesn't get too laggy and the 5pm restart takes it through all the peak playing time..

Hi there,

just a few quick questions: would it be possible to set that mission up for LAN? Either as a means to actually play coop with a buddy vs. AI or alone vs.AI? I'm really eager to play some Fallout-like missions with hunger/thirst/sleep/medical/barter/scavenging system as a SP mission - but the closest thing to that ideal is this here mission. So, will the raider AI be present in a way that challenges a single player and are there AI merchants in the current version? Also, do they compete in the hunt for supplies with the player?

Thanks for your answers,

touristo

Hi there,

just a few quick questions: would it be possible to set that mission up for LAN? Either as a means to actually play coop with a buddy vs. AI or alone vs.AI? I'm really eager to play some Fallout-like missions with hunger/thirst/sleep/medical/barter/scavenging system as a SP mission - but the closest thing to that ideal is this here mission. So, will the raider AI be present in a way that challenges a single player and are there AI merchants in the current version? Also, do they compete in the hunt for supplies with the player?

Thanks for your answers,

touristo

I've thought about doing a Single player (SP) Version that is similar to Fallout with apocalyptic units, etc but I don't know when i'll ever decide to do that.

Hey,

Whats up with back packs that can't be picked up? You can move them like logistical objects, but is this a bug or by design?

Edited by Two Dogs

;2263876']Hey' date='

Whats up with back packs that can't be picked up? You can move them like logistical objects, but is this a bug or by design?[/quote']

It's a limitation between ArmA 2 units and ArmA 2 OA/BAF/PMC.

Only OA/BAF/PMC/ACR units can utilize backpacks, although from what I heard with one of the very latest beta patches they fixed that for the old A2 units but don't quote me on that.

Just wondering if someone already addressed the cba issue. I play with JSRS and have a problem with the player menu after a while ( doesn't work, lags and items disappear ) when i have cba loaded. Without cba it's fine. Would it change if the server also runs cba?

Just wondering if someone already addressed the cba issue. I play with JSRS and have a problem with the player menu after a while ( doesn't work, lags and items disappear ) when i have cba loaded. Without cba it's fine. Would it change if the server also runs cba?

I have never had an issue with that and I run both CBA & JSRS. There must be an issue somewhere else, do you have a rpt log client side so that I can see what errors are popping up?

So many great versions of this, which one is recommended. Will they be allowed to advertise their versions on this thread ?

Another Oceanic server

b_560_95_1.png

Edited by SnR

Heya tonic,

in case you didn't know:

http://www.vilayer.com/game-servers/game-servers.html

[TABLE=class: display, width: 100%]

[TR=class: odd]

[TD=align: left]ARMA 2 : WasteLand! (arma2wasteland)

Wasteland: Includes Chernarus! Coming Soon Takistan, Utes, and Zargabad! and much more[/TD]

[TD]Per Slot: €1.00[/TD]

[TD=align: center]ORDER![/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Yet again those so cool vilayer guys who are trying to make money with other peoples work.

Xeno

Hmm,

I have never generally had a care for people taking Wasteland, editing it, etc since the release but to make a quick buck without asking me and whoever version they may be using to do so is just wrong :\

I don't really understand the entitlement GSP's think they get inside the ArmA community now a days... I mean renting out slots for a ArmA server is one thing and totally their choice and they have the right to do so but to specificity host a persons mission without permission is meh... May just have to shoot them an email but none the less thanks for the information Xeno.

If I remember correctly, most of the used scripts by others such as R3F, TFS, AEG were never meant to be used in a commercial use. Mostly Non-profit so this should be interesting.

I myself wouldn't of cared if they had asked myself and others who have their work featured in wasteland....

Edited by Tonic-_-