Sign in to follow this  
weirdo10o4

Rapid setPos disables input - Workaround needed. :(

At around 25 setPos commands per second, I lose the ability to walk or turn, same as with the attachTo command.

Why does this happen and is there any way to work around this?

What possible reason would you have to setPos 25 times a second?

Edited by kylania
setPosATL is considerable faster, but I still can't think of a valid reason to need this. :)

Walk-on-while-moving trains :D It should be running at 40 / second for seamless movement at 100 km/h (probably too fast for the locomotive IRL, but who cares). I'll test it with setPosATL(currently ASL), although that presents some (more) difficulties even if it works.

Nah, it still jams at 25 fps. - And the ATL command goes crazy on bridges. - I don't think this can be solved via scripting.

Bye, bye, awesome mission :(. At least the script should be useful for transport.

^

I been working on this for some time now. Not easy, but i'm getting there. Far from finished, though.

Edit: At first i thought of using setvelocitytransformation, but no way i could ever understand what it does. If anybody has any info...

The flat wagon isn't a simulation object? I don't think it's possible to use setVelocity on it. The train runs from an array of positions and directions. If I'd set the player's velocity then the wagon would appear to jitter. Currently the wagon-player-world relationship works perfect even at the highest possible frame rate (no sleep command) - the wagon appears completely stationary under you when the script is running and the world goes by seamlessly, and conversely the train looks good from the outside.

Is it possible to tie scripts to the mouse axis? All the WASD motions could be scripted, but turning, I don't believe you can set a command / action to the mouse axis? Up/down aim still works, same as with the attachTo command.

If not, I'll try to find the threshold for this jamming and then run it at that frame rate with the minimum amount of path data to see what it looks like.

I meant setVelocity on the player. You could detect the movement keys (via keyDown handler), not the mouse though.