Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

ARMA 2: OA beta build 96895 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

mirror : http://www.gamefront.com/files/22250411/ARMA2_OA_Build_96895.zip

[96888] New: New MP bandwidth control algorithm available through commandline option -bandwidthAlg=2

* this commandline option enables different algorithm for MP bw, which may help resolve issues described in original ticket https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27001#change-144636

+ several other crash fixes (presumably)

suggested to be used for server hosting as it shall be noticeably stabler

(if you still get any crashes, it's very important for us to get server's mdmp,bidmp,rpt files

(compressed e.g. to Dwarden's email (which is his nickname @ bistudio.com)with subject CRASH)

BattlEye compatibility: ... BE Supported, enjoy ...

Edited by Dwarden
added info and mirror ...

bandwidthAlg ?

Anyone know what this does and what the options are?

These beta's are coming thick and fast now - I can just about keep up! Excellent stuff.

SPOILER suggested to be used for server hosting as it shall be noticeably stabler

(if you still get any crashes, it's very important for us to get server's mdmp,bidmp,rpt files

(compressed e.g. to my email (which is my nickname @ bistudio.com)with subject CRASH)

I assume this is a copy/paste gone wrong, or are we supposed to send crash dumps to you?

Battleye isn't supported yet - those that want it for their server need to wait a bit.

I assume this is a copy/paste gone wrong, or are we supposed to send crash dumps to you?

I knew I should have removed that part instead of spoilering it. :D

Edited accordingly.

Woah that issue explains a lot with performance on my server. Cant wait to test this out.

updated with more info and mirror ... BE supported now too

A little problem for this beta.

When I'm a single rifleman standing at the back of an enemy tank who distances me approximately 30m away, something really buggy when I'm shooting at him on his back, he detected me but it takes him quite a long time until he turned his main muzzle towards me.

The tested tank is T34 who doesn't have secondary turret. Genearally speaking the tank canimmediately turned its main turret, in other words, its main muzzle towards me and give me a game over. But unfortunately, nothing changed even though I set its skill to the fullest and force it dofire on me. Its main turret still turned quite slowly, little by little.

Actually everything is okay in combat but just don't know why the tank performs so buggy under that specific situation. Does anyone find the same problem with me?

When I'm a single rifleman standing at the back of an enemy tank who distances me approximately 30m away, something really buggy when I'm shooting at him on his back, he detected me but it takes him quite a long time until he turned his main muzzle towards me.

The tested tank is T34 who doesn't have secondary turret. Genearally speaking the tank canimmediately turned its main turret, in other words, its main muzzle towards me and give me a game over. But unfortunately, nothing changed even though I set its skill to the fullest and force it dofire on me. Its main turret still turned quite slowly, little by little.

Actually everything is okay in combat but just don't know why the tank performs so buggy under that specific situation. Does anyone find the same problem with me?

Is that confirmed since this specific build, or previous betas too?

OK you are a rifleman shooting at a tank from behind? How the hell do you think he is gonna know where you are? What the tank does is slowly turning its turret and scaning the area, IMHO very realistic!

I am unable to find certain servers in server browser anymore if I use this one and beta patch before this one.

Dont know what you people did but its not ok. To be able to find those server I must remove beta. Mostly these servers are privately hosted on home lines, and have ping shown as 2500 in server browser, but thats just visual and incorrect. Please fix this.

OK you are a rifleman shooting at a tank from behind? How the hell do you think he is gonna know where you are? What the tank does is slowly turning its turret and scaning the area, IMHO very realistic!

even more realistically that he is not turning turret at all.But this is fine for me as well within game play.

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

Is that confirmed since this specific build, or previous betas too?

Not yet, maybe the AI was designed to be like that, not a bug in any beta.

Hmm... still can hear the bug "AI team/groupleader beeing stuck in command loop" = repeating the same command, for example "Group move to tree 12 o'clock!" again and again. :(

We are testing it, but I am not too sure about it yet... Also as the other thread stated the MP join server is fubared., since 96751. Cant find server i use.

We are testing it, but I am not too sure about it yet... Also as the other thread stated the MP join server is fubared., since 96751. Cant find server i use.

I couldn't find a server that wasn't running the beta (just 1.62) the other day when I was running the beta but if I launched with Arma II Launcher with the IP of the server set in that, it took me straight in. I had to disable the beta and restart anyway though, as I couldn't communicate with anyone as the VON port was changed around beta 96061.

Hello,

I patched up from 96751 and I now cannot connect to my favorite server (a DayZ Lingor server).

Rolling back to 96751 makes it show up in the server browser however the server is running the latest 1.62 server side version and I cannot join unless I patch up.

Other players on the server do not have the same issue.

Trying to launch with the -connect and the -port switch results in a "waiting for host" message and never connects.

There are also significantly less servers in the server browser window and the list takes longer to populate. I suspect this is linked to the server browser optimizations which were recently introduced.

Please help.

Thanks

I patched up from 96751 and I now cannot connect to my favorite server (a DayZ Lingor server).

Rolling back to 96751 makes it show up in the server browser however the server is running the latest 1.62 server side version and I cannot join unless I patch up.

If you want to us to check the problem, please, write a full server name here.

---------- Post added at 09:27 ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 ----------

Also make sure you have Dayz Lingor enabled when checking for Dayz Lingor servers - you cannot see them with normal Dayz or with Arma 2 OA without Dayz Lingor. Sometimes the server admin running modified Dayz may need to make some changes as well:

- either run a recent beta on the server

- or the server needs to contain Dayz in the server name

- or the server needs to contain Dayz in the mission name