Sign in to follow this  
Whenchy

ACR DLC not appearing with missions or maps.

I bought ARMA 2 and Arma 2 OA off steam and then later on I bought all three DLCs, the BAF, the PMC and now the ACR dlc. Except the ACR dlc doesn't seem to appear at all. I ran it on OA and CO but no luck, after that I deleted all of my mods out of the folder and then tried with still no luck. After that I reinstalled the entire Operation Arrowhead game with all dlcs. It appeared to have been downloaded and the ACR folder was still within the DLCsetup folder. (IS THAT THE RIGHT PLACE?) Still I have no luck with getting the dlc to work.

Is this something that needs to be fixed in the arma 2 files or do I need to reinstall arma 2 as well because of the DayZ mod? (I think I may have fixed my own problem.)

you need to add @acr to the mod list with your shortcut or run the game as vanilla without any mods at all.

you need to add @acr to the mod list with your shortcut or run the game as vanilla without any mods at all.

OK, well how do I do that? Do I just move the ACR folder into the Arma 2 operation arrowhead folder and call it @acr?

My mate told me to put in -mod=@acr but it didn't work.

---------- Post added at 20:01 ---------- Previous post was at 18:48 ----------

OK, well how do I do that? Do I just move the ACR folder into the Arma 2 operation arrowhead folder and call it @acr?

My mate told me to put in -mod=@acr but it didn't work.

Where is the mod list* and how do I put @acr in it?**

Moved to troubleshooting, I think it fits better there :)

Hi, if you have not moved ACR then you need to remove the @ from the mod line;

-mod=acr

Ps. You do not need to move, or rename ACR unless you are using a launcher and are using a custom mod location.

I actually found that after the DLC downloaded it failed to install properly and it was necessary to exit steam and then start it again but running it as administrator - I'm on Windows 7. Even then I found that it would work if I ran Operation Arrowhead but if I tried Combined Ops I had to nominate ACR as a mod to get it to show up using the method above.

Basically if you start vanilla Operation Arrowhead from within Steam and you don't see the new ACR expansion logo next to the others I believe it hasn't installed correctly. You can also check for the presence of a new campaign called Silver Lion.

Cheers

I actually found that after the DLC downloaded it failed to install properly and it was necessary to exit steam and then start it again but running it as administrator - I'm on Windows 7. Even then I found that it would work if I ran Operation Arrowhead but if I tried Combined Ops I had to nominate ACR as a mod to get it to show up using the method above.

Basically if you start vanilla Operation Arrowhead from within Steam and you don't see the new ACR expansion logo next to the others I believe it hasn't installed correctly. You can also check for the presence of a new campaign called Silver Lion.

Cheers

Well all the BAF and PMC dlcs have extra folders with an addon folder and other boring shit, however ACR does not. I don't know how but I don't think the installer did anything. How can I force ACR to install?

Well all the BAF and PMC dlcs have extra folders with an addon folder and other boring shit, however ACR does not. I don't know how but I don't think the installer did anything. How can I force ACR to install?

Start steam as admin

Get to DLC page for ACR

Should say play since youve already bought it

hit play choose ACR

then it will install and there will be a folder, i was having the same exact issue no folder for ACR, now there is.

for some reason ACR doesnt show up as DLC for Arrowhead? But does for regular ARMA II.

Start steam as admin

Get to DLC page for ACR

Should say play since youve already bought it

hit play choose ACR

then it will install and there will be a folder, i was having the same exact issue no folder for ACR, now there is.

for some reason ACR doesnt show up as DLC for Arrowhead? But does for regular ARMA II.

remarkable, I thought steam would work on an admin account even if you aren't running it as admin, which I assumed it would be?

I have tried everything everyone has suggested even uninstalled reinstalled OA but every time I trying and launch the game under any scenario I get the following error "!!! MISSING STRING"

I also bought ACR on Steam and the new campaign does not appear. I've tried adding the @acr text on the setup launch for Armed Assault 2 Operation Arrowhead in Steam and all that did was it removed my Harvest Red Campaign.

Update: As someone suggested starting Steam as an admin in Win 7 helped. I actually saw the install window for ACR this time and the ACR logo is displayed with the Arrowhead,PMC, BAF labels.

Edited by WisemanRAX

I also bought ACR on Steam and the new campaign does not appear. I've tried adding the @acr text on the setup launch for Armed Assault 2 Operation Arrowhead in Steam and all that did was it removed my Harvest Red Campaign.

Update: As someone suggested starting Steam as an admin in Win 7 helped. I actually saw the install window for ACR this time and the ACR logo is displayed with the Arrowhead,PMC, BAF labels.

mine starts in steam, then asks if i want to run it combined ops. after i do this it says it's starting up again and this time without the option of combined ops and just starts running. then i get a "string error" and it just starts arma OA (including pmc and baf) but without arma II and acr.

mine starts in steam, then asks if i want to run it combined ops. after i do this it says it's starting up again and this time without the option of combined ops and just starts running. then i get a "string error" and it just starts arma OA (including pmc and baf) but without arma II and acr.

I do the same thing and have "String Missing" error. It's realy problem for me. Any1 from BI can look at this?

it's May now but it ACR is stil not showing up in Steam A2 complete version that I just bought to have continued MP support after may 31. Steam store says I own it but it is not installed and since I dotn understand that mnessy steam files I cant install it manually.

Well, if you own it, but it's not installed, install it?
And how when Steam says its already intalled, but when i hit the play button only BAF and PMC show up as DLC. I'm realyl new to that Steam stuff and I do not even know where those files sit in the hard disc...the whole file structutre is e mess compared to ArmA II CO from DVD.

Right click on the game in Steam Games Library, Properties (at bottom), Local Files tab, Browse Local Files. It's not a mess, it's just all installed inside your Steam directory.

While there, the Verify Integrity of Game Cache button is useful if you think your install is corrupted or missing files.

Edited by Outlawz7