Sign in to follow this  
JCDBionicman

Please make available on Good Old Games

I had never heard much of ArmA, just that it was a military simulator. I had never considered looking into it until I discovered it was on GOG. It's a great game.

Please Bohemia, make your next game, ArmA 3, available on GOG just like Combined Operations. Steam doesn't protect your game from piracy, it only succeeds in annoying paying customers.

Edited by JCDBionicman

First run games on Good Old Games? You're kinda missing the point of that website, aren't you? :)

Bohemia usually removes the DRM protection from its games after some time.

So even the steam version doesn't have DRM and when eventually ArmA3 drops its DRM it will probably be on GOG.

But as kylania pointed out, don't expect to be 1st day release on GOG.

Bohemia removes the need for a pysical CD in some cases. If the game detects piracy, or a modified .EXE , BIS's "DRM" (FADE) will kick in and fuck you up in the game itself trough means like - but not limited to waterboarding.

That's what DRM used to be like in the Golden Age. There was a game (Elite?) which spawned a squadron of ridiculously though Security Force fighters to blast you to bits if you failed the authenticity check. Of course, the check was rather primitive, but the whole thing didn't even come up unless actually pirated the game. It's great that some games are still sticking to this model. Now, if only they brought Golden Age-style manuals back... (and DRM checks forcing people to actually read them):)

I had never heard much of ArmA, just that it was a military simulator. I had never considered looking into it until I discovered it was on GOG. It's a great game.

Please Bohemia, make your next game, ArmA 3, available on GOG just like Combined Operations. Steam doesn't protect your game from piracy, it only succeeds in annoying paying customers.

If you want to download you can always get it from the BIS store. You know they publish as well?. So far everything I've dowloaded has been an exe, so no problem backing it up to disk and afterwards re-installing whenever I want.

Couldn't be easier.

If you want to download you can always get it from the BIS store. You know they publish as well?. So far everything I've dowloaded has been an exe, so no problem backing it up to disk and afterwards re-installing whenever I want.

Couldn't be easier.

GOG no activation nonsense I see why they want it from there ,BIS store has Activation DRM ....GOG = None just Verifictation of Serial for online Play hmmm

GOG Doesn't just release old gmaes anymore they also release new games on they're system as well

I don't see the need to postpone removal of Steam DRM, or a GOG release. The DRM is circumvented so rapidly, even within the first week of the game's launch. It defeats the purpose. And wasn't Bohemia an Independant company? They don't have to worry about snobbish and ignorant stockholders dictating to them to put DRM in their games. I recently wrote a paper about DRM. Other than for pleasing stockholders that should be better informed in the first place instead of being given a reassurring lie, DRM really is useless.

Serial codes on the other hand do easily prevent the average person from simply handing it off to their friends while being unintrusive. So while the smaller population of elite hackers will easily circumvent it, the average consumer doesn't bother with pirating from torrent sites and the majority of potentially lost profits is secured.

---------- Post added at 07:27 ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 ----------

@Kylania Last I checked GOG was selling rather modern games on it's site like the Witcher.

Yeah, the site started first selling mostly older games, hence it's original business model and name. It's business model is still selling games without DRM. What's your point?

Edited by JCDBionicman

@Kylania Last I checked GOG was selling rather modern games on it's site like the Witcher.

Yeah, the site started first selling mostly older games, hence it's original business model and name. It's business model is still selling games without DRM. What's your point?

GOG.com is the distribution platform of CDProjectRED, the developer of The Witcher. Just like BI's online distribution platform BIStore.com. And yes, those guys at CD RED are right with their view on DRM. :)

GOG no activation nonsense I see why they want it from there ,BIS store has Activation DRM ....GOG = None just Verifictation of Serial for online Play hmmm

What, once upon installation is too hard? If your prepared to dowload gigabytes of game I cant see the logic in complaining about being online to activate, just once.

Ist you won't have to wait till the game is ol' to get it, and 2nd its still a crap load better than Steam, and 3rd what you pay for the game goes directly to BIS so they can better support it. Win, win, win.

If activating online bites into your tin foil hat too hard buy a physical copy.

Edited by Pathetic_Berserker