Sign in to follow this  
Blink Dog

I r not happy

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmm well hl was not built for vehicles also u dont have the view distance set at 800m also why are we comparing to different games, hl is indoor combat where as Opflash is a simulation.<span id='postcolor'>

We are not but earlier on one or two of the contibuters to the thread were. They were saying that other games have released full SDKs. Well there SDKs dont compare to what was released with OFP from Day one, mainly because they are old technology good in their time but out of date.

When oxygen is released to the community and it will be you wont see many more HL mods they will die out ditto for quake; the engines are just not as good.

Regards walker smile.gif

Well I am definately getting Resistance mainly due to its enhanced features.

As for the fact that very very few islands have been released even though WRPEdit is out, take a look at it and work out just how long it will take to do a good 'island'.

I am presently estimating in months not weeks for completion time. The same will be for oxygen, and to be honest anythng that comes out within days of its release will not like likely be of high quality as they wont have spent the time on it.

Quality addons cannot be made in a rush so even when O2 does become available dont expect a rush of quality models for a few weeks.

By not buying resistance you could end up doing the exact opposite as BIS might say, well there not interested anymore, lets not release it anyway.

With some of my maps I am going to need O2 so I will not be able to complete till then but it doesnt stop me putting some temporary BSI objects in place of the new ones I need to make.

Those that already have O2 are lucky (I got told beta had ended sad.gif ). They have chance to show others what will be possible in the future and are also giving an indication of just how long a good model takes to make..

I say buy it and make BIS realise thats theres still a requirement for O2 and that the serious long term gamers are staying put.

Okay who did I personally insult? My quote was not directed at a specific person. Maybe you should read back and see the messages calling me a whinner and I don't work. Guess it's okay when its' comming from ass kissers. Besides I really don't give a rats ass if I do get banned. Go for it.

well after reading this thread i only have a couple of things to say.

1/ I will buy and support BIS in anything they release becasue they made a serious effort to produce a game that has relegated 90% of my games to the shelf. I still play it daily and make missions for friends. it rocks bring on ofp:r

2/

I am an aussie(half German smile.gif great combo , i'm an arrogant slob smile.gif:):)) and there ia not much that gets my goat, except

WARM BEER

&

ANTHONY MUNDIANE

&

WHINGING SHEILA's

Thats all , I'm of to have a Becks smile.gif

oh 1 more thing

GO GERMANY!!!!!!!!

if you don't care about being banned than why are you here in the first place?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blink Dog @ June 27 2002,04:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Okay who did I personally insult? My quote was not directed at a specific person. Maybe you should read back and see the messages calling me a whinner and I don't work. Guess it's okay when its' comming from ass kissers. Besides I really don't give a rats ass if I do get banned. Go for it.<span id='postcolor'>

didn't you get criticized for talking about turrette syndrome and calling those ppl with such disability as lazy asses long time ago?

you sure haven't learned your lesson yet.

if you are so good, go make more mods. ok? then show it around to us. do some 3d modeling on gmax or whatever and show pictures of it! there are more stuffs that are not avaialbe in OFP models as of current, may be you can at least do some rudimentary 3d modeling and proev that you are worth getting O2.

and you think just because you are capable of going against 'the system' that you are something? tounge.gif

To tell you people that there is an alternative to just taking it, and to take some sort of stand. Unless people start raising a ruckus again BIS will not release oxygen or visitor, they will just keep sidestepping the issue.

Update: About the Tourettes syndrome post I personally appologised to the person about it. About making mods, trying to but I have to go get 2 years of computer programing knowledge just to retexture.

Here is a thought, if the lucky few who got Oxy did not get it, would they have stuck around? Would they still be playing? How bout if they never got an answer? Some modelers have recieved answers like this. Most of them have left and never visit these forums, their opinions are unheard in this debate.

My question to you Blink Dog is that they did give everyone a chance at getting O2 they said if you can show us your work/models then we will most likely send it out to you. So dont start now saying release it because you had your chance and you decided not to take it. As for my self I dont have O2 right now but I have been accepted at the end just as they were closing the beta testing so now it is a wait and see biggrin.gif

Im pissed...the only positive thing i got out of all the betas was that my 1.4x looks better...granted i got a 16mg TNT...but thats it. I did my duty testing that crap for weeks.

I do not believe i should pay for new code....i think I, and most of you earned that by dealing with crappy patches.

Now many of us have left..or taken a break until Resistance is out. Me im screwed in our faithfulness to BIS my regular server is still on 1.6....damn shame its empty every time i check.

As for O2..whatever i dont model...but i hear alot of bitching from those that do...IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE...make alot of things easier for us...seriously if BIS wants to keep us playing we should be rewarded for the effort and work of the community...not forced to buy something so our original game runs the way it should have in the first place.

HARB

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blink Dog @ June 27 2002,05:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To tell you people that there is an alternative to just taking it, and to take some sort of stand. Unless people start raising a ruckus again BIS will not release oxygen or visitor, they will just keep sidestepping the issue.

Update: About the Tourettes syndrome post I personally appologised to the person about it. About making mods, trying to but I have to go get 2 years of computer programing knowledge just to retexture.

Here is a thought, if the lucky few who got Oxy did not get it, would they have stuck around? Would they still be playing? How bout if they never got an answer? Some modelers have recieved answers like this. Most of them have left and never visit these forums, their opinions are unheard in this debate.<span id='postcolor'>

yeah..apologies only after ppl criticized you.

here's another thought.

if you weren't good enough to make even a rudimentary 3d design with other programs, would you have done better with O2?

in the OFPEC thread you provided earlier, it seems like those ppl had their voice heard anyhow.

First off I got no reply. Not for Oxy or about reporting that MP does not work. I even sent the context.bin and flashpoint.cfg files. Nothing. Not even a FU very much. Yeah great customer support. Maybe after resistance is released worldwide people should start asking questions again. They won't have any excuse not to give a solid answer, and any answer they do give they better stick to it this time.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blink Dog @ June 27 2002,06:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">First off I got no reply. Not for Oxy or about reporting that MP does not work. I even sent the context.bin and flashpoint.cfg files. Nothing. Not even a FU very much. Yeah great customer support. Maybe after resistance is released worldwide people should start asking questions again. They won't have any excuse not to give a solid answer, and any answer they do give they better stick to it this time.<span id='postcolor'>

well, if you are unsatisfied, no one is going to stop you from leaving. tounge.gif

i reported about 3 bugs(or as i call them 'points to note'wink.gif since i got ofp, 2 on troubleshooting forum, one through email. and did i get any reply? no. do i care? no. are they aware of it? maybe. dev team always makes at least some efforts to catch up with community, but that neccessarily doesn't mean they have to reply to every problem. Gimbal pointed out Cessna take off bug since 1.30, and it was patched in 1.40. So did he recieve reply? i don't know. but he did get a mention from the readme.txt file in the patch for giving BIS an idea on how to fix it.

if you want to talk about "great customer support" try R6. they are quick to comeout with mod tools. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HellToupee @ June 27 2002,06:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">maybee it wasnt worth replyin to.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL mines were really simple ones, not critical ones.

XMS mortar bug

removeallweapons bug

and being allowed to reload while moving in certain conditions.

First off if you file a bug report you should get a reply, you are helping them make a better product. A really buggy product can ruin a good idea, WWII online anyone?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blink Dog @ June 27 2002,06:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">First off if you file a bug report you should get a reply, you are helping them make a better product. A really buggy product can ruin a good idea, WWII online anyone?<span id='postcolor'>

well, there you go!

WW2 online (According to you) is a KIA since their dev team is not responding well.. but OFP (at least from what I see) is not dead yet, so that could only mean that BIS is supporting and listening to bug reports.

and here's a simple fact of life.

when you buy a game, you pay for it. you spend your money on something for entertainment reason. whether it is good or not is not of question. if you chose wisely, it's worth spending, if not, then adios.

when you contribute bug report, you are asking dev team to make better of that product. that, no one is asking you to do so. so in other words, no one has responsibility to reply to that.

if a dev team wants to improve its product, then they will do something about that report and make fixes(patches) for it. not just replying.

and how has BIS acted? they spend more time trying to fix the bugs than reply one by one.

BIS definitely answered a lot of bug reports by making patches available. smile.gif

Look on the OFP cd box. Does it say anywhere that modtools are included or will be included in the purchase? It was only when BIS began to show generosity in the form of free addons and maps, that people became greedy and demanding. Like it has been said before, BIS don't owe you anything.

If it was my decision, I'd rather see less mod options. Even with a select crowd of modelmakers, we have several examples of new models that does not LOD properly and has many other sloppy errors, essentially downgrading the quality and consistency of the game for those who are forced to download these obscure addons to play games on multiplayer maps that requires them.

I suggest people buy Resistance if they want to, or don't buy it if they don't want to. Stop this "boycot BIS" sillyness and move on.

Besides, there is a sticky saying "No more oxygen complain threads". Please respect this.

I agree BIS don't owe us anything, but the way they handled the mod tool release situation was poor, to say the best.

And as for the sticky, yes, it was relevant at the time, because multiple new threads were popping up every day. But this is the first thread in a long time...I think people should be allowed to voice their opinions. (I must say, I do respect the mods for not having closed this thread already.)

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth. smile.gif

I'm off for another few months B back later. I'll be back when people start asking where is Oxygen again to say I told you so. Later.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blink Dog @ June 27 2002,16:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm off for another few months B back later. I'll be back when people start asking where is Oxygen again to say I told you so. Later.<span id='postcolor'>

this pretty much sums up who you are. off for some time, come back some time later and bitch about it.

when you come back, do youself a favor. make some 3d models to show. tounge.gif

oh and if they ever release O2, comeup with something worthwhile. and don't show up here and say BIS rules! or anything like that.

The guy asked to be banned. He said go for it. He's harrassing everyone and wants to be a martyr. Why not give it to him?

BIS has given us more that any game I have ever played. In 1.3 they gave us NEW VEHICLES FOR FREE DOWNLOAD! Now they are releasing an expac with new vehicles, new campaign, new features, and new mp code. Why would that be free? It's more than most expacs and I think BIS deserves everyone penny. We don't deserve Oxygen. We are getting it though, but first it needs to be beta tested. It is being beta tested. So why are you complaining?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Vixer has made tutorial for BIS Oxygen. If you have O2 you can write to him and he'll send it to you. More info at his page.<span id='postcolor'>

http://ofp.info/evix/

BWAAAAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!!!!!!!

http://ofp.allstar.cz/index.php?newlang=eng

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harbinger[TG] @ June 27 2002,05:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im pissed...the only positive thing i got out of all the betas was that my 1.4x looks better...granted i got a 16mg TNT...but thats it.  I did my duty testing that crap for weeks.

I do not believe i should pay for new code....i think I, and most of you earned that by dealing with crappy patches.<span id='postcolor'>

AFAIK, there will be a patch for all of those people whod dont buy resistance, so that they have the new netcode. That way they will still be able to play once all the servers migrate to the new netcode. And Harbinger...you REALLY need a new video card biggrin.gif

Now I am going to make a few comments wink.gif

I have not had a single problem with Flashpoint (other than the terribly stupid place the CD Key was located wink.gif)

I havent had to fool around to get online. I connect consistantly to the servers that I play on. I am not sure why you have so many problems, Blinkdog...

As for Oxygen, I personally believe that it is coming. It has been repeatedly stated by BIS that when it's ready for public consuption, it will be released. And since in the short time that I have been here, BIS has pretty much followed through on what they have said they will do... I am going to believe them.