Sign in to follow this  
Blink Dog

I r not happy

Good to see I am disgusting some people, a lot of the "BIS owes U nothing" responces are the sort of unorigional cookie cutter replies I was hoping to get to prove a point.

Some say I don't want to work, or am lazy, well if I was lazy why would I post a flame thread here. If I was really lazy I would have just thrown the game away or used it to wipe my ass and had been done with it.

No I love the game. I want to see this game survive and be number one, the only way that is going to happen is if BIS supports its' community. Except for a few people everyone seems to be brainwashed into thinking that BIS can do no wrong. That way of thinking will be the demise of this game.

It should also be noted that in previous posts on this forum I also remarked that BIS should sell Oxygen and Visitor. Yes they put in long hours in creating these progs, they should be compensated for it. Or here is a novel idea, include them with an addon.

Maybe this will actually get some people thinking on ways of getting the tools released for public use. Instead of just thinking like robots and always accepting things as they are.

"There are a lot of reasons why development tools would be kept

non-public. Generally development tools are custom built for a given

product or line of products and the developers aren't usually interested

in letting the general public poke around their custom data files.

Also, the tools were never meant for public use so they are often poorly

documented or just plain strange--you would NOT want to try to use

Origin's EOR editor without someone who really knew it sitting next to

you. Finally, why give away what you can get other companies to pay

money for? If the development tools are good, well documented, and

general-purpose then they can get some money for it to help defer the

cost of development or loan them out to outside developers. They don't

sell these tools cheaply because of the liabilty and support issues, so

they aren't going to be made available to the general public.

Greedy or not, development tools are a BIG deal. They represent much of

the effort on a game and companies have little incentive to release them

to the public. Intellectual Property is only thing that software

developers have that makes their business worth something."

I stole this from a forum somewhere.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blink Dog @ June 26 2002,15:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No I love the game. I want to see this game survive and be number one, the only way that is going to happen is if BIS supports its' community.<span id='postcolor'>

I don’t understand what some of you people are talking about!…BIS not supporting its community?! They could have done what most other companies would have done and just release another add-on with maybe a new island, some vehicles/weapon and a campaign. Instead they update the engine(better graphics, netcode and more) add new weapon/vehicle types that fans has asked for…how can you say the don’t support the community?! The game is one year old now, be happy that they still care about it. Resistance is looking to be one of the best expansions to a game I have ever seen.

About not releasing Oxygen to the public I think that was a good choice. There are many good add-ons out or on the way…more than enough for me. A public release would just add many shitty add-ons is my guess.

Don't even get me started on the MP code! Oh now you've done it! I have managed to sucessfully connect once, using the old system. The beta test for the new code, forget it, not going to happen, XP users you're fucked. Still waiting on the reply for the bug report I sent to them a month ago. Now another reason to not buy Resistance.

Ehh...what? I have no problem with the new MP code and XP...it works great!

My reasons for getting OFPR are the new vehicles (bus motercycle), the new island, and the campaign. smile.gif

-=Die Alive=-

likewise, its running better than it ever has for me(XP pro OFP v1.46), lag has been greatly reduced (remember 1.1 and 1.2? sad.gif ) and connecting is a piece of piss, must be your bad luck m8 cos imo BIS have made a fantastic game and are doing a great job with it...so quit whining mad.gif

seems like all the big names from the forum have came together to defend BIS, very noble smile.gif If i were a big name i may also get involved, but allas im not sad.gif

Ah what the hell he's my 2 cents worth:

BIS has massively supported the community, they could have left us after releasing the game and got the same amount of money out of us but instead they brought out upgrades which included new vehicles and weaponary. I don't no of many other games type people who have done that (apart from Gearbox (halflife makers) who still do it now)

Yeah get of bis' back!!!

They made this game in 4 years time and i think that they should decide for themselfs if they want to release it or not!!!!

They ow you NOTHING..

Be glad that some people (BIS) had the clever idea to make such an game so quit whining!!! mad.gif

FW

P.S. 2 BIS Dont let some peeps(no not you peeps)

tell you what 2 do, you made the right decision!!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DigitalCenturion @ June 26 2002,15:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I really agree with lucidity, stuff like that can kill a community! And whats the point of not releasing stuff to the general public?<span id='postcolor'>

Once again, the tools will be released to the public. Right now the tools are at beta state, beign tested by the modmakers (me included). And there is a very good reason why they arent public yet, if they were public, there would be dozens of people whining why there is no documentation and asking how this and that is done.

Like mentioned before, the tools werent originally meant for public release. For example, Visitor is 100% Czech, so I dont think it would be much use for non-czech people. And in Oxygen, all the parts of the models (and there is alot of them) are czech too, and like said there is no documentation whatsoever for them. When I started with oxygen, I had to constantly ask BIS for help on how to do certain things, and I still dont know how to do everything.

Of course, you could say that the community would figure everything out, yes, they might, but without proper documentation everyone would be just guessing everything which would result in buggy and badly dont addons.

Seems like I'm a pack of hemroids that just won't go away. Supprised I have not been banned for having my own opinion yet.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blink Dog @ June 26 2002,19:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Seems like I'm a pack of hemroids that just won't go away.<span id='postcolor'>

Eh eh... maybe you should go away then instead? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blink Dog @ June 26 2002,18:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Supprised I have not been banned for having my own opinion yet.<span id='postcolor'>

Having your oppinion is not a reason to be banned - at least not in this forum. As long as you able to express it in civil manner (which I think you did) without flaming anyone (which I think you did not), you are welcome here.

The only little trouble is that Oxygen topic has been already discussed so much that there is little point in contnuing the discussion now - most of what you are saying was already said, sometimes even by "big names" of the community. This may result in this topic closed (or may not) or moved to Offtopic (very likely), but not in ban (unless you start flooding forum with topics like this).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blink Dog @ June 26 2002,18:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Seems like I'm a pack of hemroids that just won't go away.<span id='postcolor'>

The quote above is example of what not do to here. Calling other people bad names IS a reason to be banned.

Take this as a warning - next time is will happen immediatelly.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blink Dog @ June 26 2002,16:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't even get me started on the MP code! Oh now you've done it! I have managed to sucessfully connect once, using the old system. The beta test for the new code, forget it, not going to happen, XP users you're fucked. Still waiting on the reply for the bug report I sent to them a month ago. Now another reason to not buy Resistance.<span id='postcolor'>

hm....maybe you are just a fustrated teenager that wants to get the Resistance pack first, but your parents will not let you because you are too poor, and you got angry and now you're trying to get people not to buy Resistance.

In my opinion - Resistance will rock the whole world.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ June 26 2002,07:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">AFAIK O2 has been released to serious modders already.<span id='postcolor'>

Yea GFX707 who goes and takes other ppls models and puts them in the game confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rhubarbman @ June 26 2002,21:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ June 26 2002,07wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">AFAIK O2 has been released to serious modders already.<span id='postcolor'>

Yea GFX707 who goes and takes other ppls models and puts them in the game confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

confused.gif since when did GFX707 steal any models? He is a pro modder

The mg42, both the p model and the v model from dod also the 88 from dod mapper, all without there permission.

I smell boring old cheater strike boys in this thread.

Thank god they are so small a part of OFP. I saw a couple of comparisons to cruddy old Quake mods and Half Life mods

Good in their time but old technology noreal addons to speak of and an SDK that does not even match up to OFPs mision editor never mind wrpedit and Oxygen when it comes out and yes its going through a beta test phase that is what you do with profesionaly produced SDK. You dont just dump it out to programming elitists.

They have no command and control systems and as for vehicle addons HA HA HA.

I see a couple of knokers in this thread but I have not seen one mission or script or skin change addon among them and they want to have oxygen! Show me one config.cpp you have produced or even something simple like a 6 LOD model.

Or perhaps skins No?  tounge.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif You need all those and maybe scripts as well to produce a ground breaking addon for OFP. Come on put or shut up.

Regards walker

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rhubarbman @ June 26 2002,23:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

YEa thast why Halflife is the biggest onling game excluding RPG's and WWIIonline

Its big because it was there first. In other words old technology.

PS

Oh and its big in Multyplayer because the cheaters can cheat hence cheater strike biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (walker @ June 26 2002,23:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its big because it was there first. In other words old technology.

PS

Oh and its big in Multyplayer because the cheaters can cheat hence cheater strike biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

hmm yea so with all this new technology why is it hl is so popluar, because it has the best netcode. also there is hardly any cheaters out there now with the new valve anticheat program.

Ooh Not as many cheaters now eh? Do they get Fade?

And how many vehicles in these mods; a round number to the nearest hundred will do?

And how big are the islands? To the nearest 10 square kilometres?

How many troops can you control at once?

I am waiting biggrin.gif

Regards walker

hmm well hl was not built for vehicles also u dont have the view distance set at 800m also why are we comparing to different games, hl is indoor combat where as Opflash is a simulation.