Sign in to follow this  
tortuosit

Enemy vehicles disappearing on map, why?

Hi,

I recognized in some Youtube lets plays, that sometimes enemy Mantas can be seen in the map view, but then they just disappear. The disappear SOMEWHERE, not at a Manta garage. I'm pretty sure this was not because they were kicked out by my units... What does that mean, can anyone explain? Maybe I'm missing something obvious, like "they hide under my radar" :)

Thanks

Michael

"they hide under my radar" :)

Practically correct :) Units visible on the map mean that either your carrier or your units can see them. This means that if enemy Mantas fly far enough away they will not be visible on your radar (or map). Hope that helps.

OK, that explains it. I've got 2 more questions/suggestions:

a) Whats the story: why doesn't the Carriers (big) radar detect the vehicles?

b) Currently our vehicles have only fix circles; they also could indicate how far their radar range is... But not sure if its that easy... if the programs intelligence also takes hills into account, i.e. vehicles behind hills can't be detected...

a) Whats the story: why doesn't the Carriers (big) radar detect the vehicles?

b) Currently our vehicles have only fix circles; they also could indicate how far their radar range is... But not sure if its that easy... if the programs intelligence also takes hills into account, i.e. vehicles behind hills can't be detected...

Vehicles obstructed by terrain blockages are not visible to your units. This applies to the Carrier as well.

Vehicles obstructed by terrain blockages are not visible to your units. This applies to the Carrier as well.

This is great, thanks for your reply. Can't wait for B3 :)

This is great, thanks for your reply. Can't wait for B3 :)

There is going to be a 3rd beta? Doesn't the game release in less than a month?

Yeah, we we're almost going crazy shortly before they throw the bone ;)

Hi,

I recognized in some Youtube lets plays, that sometimes enemy Mantas can be seen in the map view, but then they just disappear. The disappear SOMEWHERE, not at a Manta garage. I'm pretty sure this was not because they were kicked out by my units... What does that mean, can anyone explain? Maybe I'm missing something obvious, like "they hide under my radar" :)

Thanks

Michael

For the record, a Manta's "garage", as you put it, is not called a garage but a hangar.