Sign in to follow this  
Strigon

Online Store down ?

How big is the BI team? Only one person knows how to fix the installer, and he's allowed to be ''away'' during the week when customers are due to be installing?!

I don't want to be difficult, but to be frank, I'd lose my job if I didn't plan ahead to avoid that kind of bottleneck.

Anyway, roll on next week. Waited this long, may as well wait a bit more I guess.

Edited by Appogee

Monday it is then. It's good to get more information. Now we aren't in the dark about the delay and can look forward to Monday.

I'm still glad we'll get a beta3, even when the game will be released at the end of this month!

Monday it is then. It's good to get more information. Now we aren't in the dark about the delay and can look forward to Monday.

I looked forward to last week, beginning of this week, next Monday, ...

I'm still glad we'll get a beta3, even when the game will be released at the end of this month!

Hopefully this will be the case. For the record: I HATE WAITING!

I don't want to be difficult, but to be frank, I'd lose my job if I didn't plan ahead to avoid that kind of bottleneck.

And how exactly does anyone plan ahead for a week like this week?

I think that the dog ate the installer!

It could be worse - he could have said Tuesday.

It could be worse - he could have said Tuesday.

We don't want to keep our players in the dark, so it is better then not saying anything. Again, very sorry for the delays.

You mach will cost to your installer guy to come back ASAP?

Edited by Sungsam

Ähm... sorry for asking, Dram but: The Installer-Expert, your College, is hopefully not one of the guys, being arrested?

(I know, we should not talk about this theme... but this is only a small and simple question...)

And how exactly does anyone plan ahead for a week like this week?

Well, on my team, I ensure there are a minimum of two people per core delivery capability, and I ensure they work together to schedule their absences not to occur concurrently. That way, projects keep moving forward as per the project plan and milestones, even when some people are away.

That's why I asked how big the BI team is. I mean, if it's 'one person per capability' small, then it's understandable that you will always be exposed to a critical unexpected absence of some kind.

EDIT:

Anyway, putting two and two together with the news reports, my thoughts are with your OS devs. Hopefully, what has clearly been an innocent misunderstanding will be sorted out promptly and this will be just a great adventure story for them to tell their grandkids one day. The CCGM release can obviously wait while that more important matter is sorted out.

Edited by Appogee

Promptly? In Greece? From experience in my family I can tell you: that will not be the case. It's 3rd world in terms of justice.

We don't want to keep our players in the dark, so it is better then not saying anything.

This approach is greatly appreciated, Dram.

We (well, at least most of us :rolleyes:) can handle unavoidable delay. We just don't like to be kept in the dark. But obviously you know that...

Thanks.

Edited by ScareYa

Anyway, putting two and two together with the news reports, my thoughts are with your OS devs. Hopefully, what has clearly been an innocent misunderstanding will be sorted out promptly and this will be just a great adventure story for them to tell their grandkids one day. The CCGM release can obviously wait while that more important matter is sorted out.

Is there anything we can do?

Such as raise awareness of the situation to the our own country's press and other on-line communities, I bet if we all put our heads together we could form a plan...

Hopefully the store's stability issues are now resolved :)