Sign in to follow this  
shephart

Confirmed features now cancelled - your thoughts?

LMAO :D i never bought any game from BIS.

and it seems like i won´t buy ArmA 3.

Really? Cause your post here suggests otherwise. Unless, you.... didn't pay for it :rolleyes:

Really? Cause your post here suggests otherwise. Unless, you.... didn't pay for it :rolleyes:

Arma 2 Free. He obviously hacked in mod support, though. Remember: Never brag about not buying games you've played on a forum read by developers.

LMAO :D i never bought any game from BIS.

and it seems like i won´t buy ArmA 3.

That's too bad. I was totally rooting for you to buy it, so you could stick around and keep making such wonderfully insightful posts.

Then what are you doing on these forums? What are you doing complaining about cancelled features that were never confirmed?

Thats an unfair statement. He is here because he showed interest in ArmA3 and probably followed it from the "beginning" (ie. first news, etc), now he learned that BIS is canceling more and more previously confirmed features and he just expressed his displeasure about it. Thats all from what i have read in his posts.

I hate this attitude by you pink-glasses fanboy guys everytime someone posts something critical or admits he has not "yet" bought any product from BIS. Just leave the guys alone damn it. This Fanboy blinded, arrogant and sometimes even "agressive" attitude was even mentioned!!! in a german game-magzines Youtube review video from the WW2 Game running on BIS engine. Think about that guys. BIS is not the Beginning and the End, not the Alpha, nor the Omega. There is "more" and "different" out there and people have the right to express their opinions about anything game-related. Glad the mods haven't closed this Thread yet, because its "negative" or "critical" towards BIS/ArmA3 and therefor "hostile" in the eyes of many around here... Crazy World...

Thats an unfair statement. He is here because he showed interest in ArmA3 and probably followed it from the "beginning" (ie. first news, etc), now he learned that BIS is canceling more and more previously confirmed features and he just expressed his displeasure about it. Thats all from what i have read in his posts.

I hate this attitude by you pink-glasses fanboy guys everytime someone posts something critical or admits he has not "yet" bought any product from BIS. Just leave the guys alone damn it. This Fanboy blinded, arrogant and sometimes even "agressive" attitude was even mentioned!!! in a german game-magzines Youtube review video from the WW2 Game running on BIS engine. Think about that guys. BIS is not the Beginning and the End, not the Alpha, nor the Omega. There is "more" and "different" out there and people have the right to express their opinions about anything game-related. Glad the mods haven't closed this Thread yet, because its "negative" or "critical" towards BIS/ArmA3 and therefor "hostile" in the eyes of many around here... Crazy World...

Not if he pirated the game -then he deserves none of what you speak.

Thats an unfair statement. He is here because he showed interest in ArmA3 and probably followed it from the "beginning" (ie. first news, etc), now he learned that BIS is canceling more and more previously confirmed features and he just expressed his displeasure about it.

I resent that statement. I simply stated that I do not appreciate the implied smugness of the statement "I never bought any of their games", though text is well known for failing at relaying such sentiments.

Quite honestly, though, how many of these "confirmed" features were in all actuality confirmed? Just because somebody saw them in VBS2, perhaps. Also, the displeasure is not very subtle, either:

this is where arma 3 is going....

Yeah, I get it. But most of these features made their way into Arma 2, even. If he doesn't like it, he could just wait for the mods to come out. Just my thoughts. If I didn't want to ham-fist my opinions down other peoples' faces, I wouldn't be posting here right now :p

Edited by OnlyRazor

Considering his posting history, he's simply a troll. No need of pink glasses to see that.

Not if he pirated the game -then he deserves none of what you speak.

who said that i have pirated the game ? just because i never bought a game from BIS does not mean i never played armed assault or i pirated it :D

i never played ArmA 2 free (and never hacked mod support ROFLMAO).

a friend of my dad play games too and he had OFP, ArmA (and its expansion packs) and ArmA 2 + Op Arrowhead, he still has OFP but he gave me his ArmA + ArmA 2 (and the expansion ofcourse).

lucky that i didn´t gave my money to BIS.

That was a joke. Anyway, judging from your post history, you're only guilty of wanting underground spaces really bad.

That was a joke. Anyway, judging from your post history, you're only guilty of wanting underground spaces really bad.

godzilla-facepalm.jpg

i talk about confirmed features now cancelled, not about features what i want.

if i want features, i post them into the right topic - the sticky community wishes & ideas list.

please read this topic again before writing here such conspiracy theories.

Wow, shit. Can't even try to act apologetic without alienating somebody. I'm outta here.

Cheers.

Wow, shit. Can't even try to act apologetic without alienating somebody. I'm outta here.

Cheers.

Ok all stupid user related text/smiley implied stuff aside, it would be nice to have at least the groundwork for underground structures and caves and such in the code, so user-programmers can work with it, and possibly the code for the AI so that they can navigate it properly. A 3D editor I believe a dev said would be released, but not updated upon until they complete other things, which I am perfectly happy with (if it's there in the first place). The larger multi-player functional vehicles is just a wished bonus to match the huge landscape and playable area in the game.

who said that i have pirated the game ? just because i never bought a game from BIS does not mean i never played armed assault or i pirated it :D

a friend of my dad play games too and he had OFP, ArmA (and its expansion packs) and ArmA 2 + Op Arrowhead, he still has OFP but he gave me his ArmA + ArmA 2 (and the expansion ofcourse).

I think if we are to suffer your pessimism and dubious declaration of what was promised and thus speculatively cancelled , you should at least verify your game through the right person .

If it looks like a turd , sounds like a turd and smells suspiciously like a turd it is likely to be a turd, unless its proven to be a kebab roll :) .

At a minimum your unhindered love for not having paid for a bis title and declaration not to likely sponsor a future one ,really doesn't warrant you being here with such pessimism really does it ?

So you get "gifted" a game, then come on the forums to complain and demand as well as declaring your total objection to paying BI -thats win.

Ok all stupid user related text/smiley implied stuff aside, it would be nice to have at least the groundwork for underground structures and caves and such in the code, so user-programmers can work with it, and possibly the code for the AI so that they can navigate it properly. A 3D editor I believe a dev said would be released, but not updated upon until they complete other things, which I am perfectly happy with (if it's there in the first place). The larger multi-player functional vehicles is just a wished bonus to match the huge landscape and playable area in the game.

A few managed to get underground structures to work in one way or another in Arma 2 (check the namalsk map/nightstalkers mod, there is an underground structure in which you can go down into.)

A few managed to get underground structures to work in one way or another in Arma 2 (check the namalsk map/nightstalkers mod, there is an underground structure in which you can go down into.)

The problem isn't with creating underground structures it's getting AI to actually use them. Would you want entire areas of the map where the AI simply don't function? :)

The problem isn't with creating underground structures it's getting AI to actually use them. Would you want entire areas of the map where the AI simply don't function? :)

Maybe if you can make sure with scripts that the AI can move around in there until someone finds out a better solution, but then again having half working things in the game would only make the game feel broken(which would make sure that some people would stop playing(and thus not buying more BI games)

Underground structures would be fun(both with AI and to use in mp) but they should wait until(or if) they fix it, until then we got the beautiful Limnos to travel in so who would want to stay down in dirty cellars and sewers then. :D

Time.

You dont just "create a new AI" its a complex system that needs a LOT of design to get right...

So the 2+ years BIS has been working on the game? Seems like enough time to at least make some major revisions. I'm not expecting a miracle, but at the same time I don't want to pay for a prettier ArmA 2 that has the exact same pitfalls and problems.

If the editor supports making underground formations and structures such as caves, I'm all happy.

If it's just the AI that has the problem, I'm sure one gifted programmer out of all of us will be able to make it function (AI is like the hardest thing to make in Computer Science)

having half working things in the game would only make the game feel broken(which would make sure that some people would stop playing(and thus not buying more BI games)
It'd simply continue the reputation of ARMA 2 -- "love the concept (whether of DayZ or of milsim) but hate the engine" -- and I understand that a big part of the promoting of ARMA 3 through Gamescom was about getting away from that.
If it's just the AI that has the problem, I'm sure one gifted programmer out of all of us will be able to make it function (AI is like the hardest thing to make in Computer Science)
That's not enough for BI this time around. :p The design philosophy seems to be "if we can't make it work fully, we're not implementing it at all in vanilla, and we may not even leave 'the groundwork'* in the game if leaving it could interfere with other elements that we are implementing".

* That is, a foundation for modders to work off of to implement it.

Uh huh..and what if you have a huge bath of files and coding for these things along the course of a decade or so, and through the way upon planning to redesign some of it you discover that half of those years things were not being documented, so you have no idea what you are looking at or doing with it.

Uh huh..and what if you have a huge bath of files and coding for these things along the course of a decade or so, and through the way upon planning to redesign some of it you discover that half of those years things were not being documented, so you have no idea what you are looking at or doing with it.

Even worse: part may be in czech! :D

And Charles made me LOL:

It's a bit like the bible and the new testament. 4 different guys write about Jesus, not knowing the full story and everybody gets it a little bit different ;)

This has gone well.

I figured this thread would end up like this...

I figured this thread would end up like this...

On the other hand, I am surprised that this thread lasted this long! :D