Sign in to follow this  
.Taffy

Planetary Annihilation - New Kickstarter project from the makers of Total Annihilatio

If RTS is your thing then you might find this very interesting, massive battles across multiple planets from small mechs to comandeered asteroids! The game blasted through it's initial $900,000 goal and is now working through some impressive stretch goals. By reaching $1,300,000 two stretch goals have been achieved, one introducing naval units and oceanic planets, the next includes expanded and improved orbital units and gas giants.

The next stretch goal is set at $1,500,000 and introduces Metal Moons (wait?) and Lava Planets. After that, at $1,800,000 comes a very impressive leap, as the developers introduce a procedural galaxy to conquer. The final one will remain a mystery until the next stretch goal is reached. What the hell could trump a whole galaxy? After quickly reaching the first goal the funding slowed down to a regular trickle (relatively speaking). With seven days to go they are predicted to make $1.5m easily with $1.8m a possibility. However I imagine the recently announced stretch goal will see things pick up a fair bit and apparently Kickstarter projects usually see a rush of donations near the end.

Here's the link, see what you think: Kickstarter Page

FhEYvOYceNs

SC2 was an improved interface over SC1 but it had lost it's USP of scale and unit numbers. (Consolised).

I'm not typically impressed by anything Kickstarter.

There are a butt load of investors out there, obviously viable projects have no need of this sort of tool.

I associate Kickstarter with aspiring mod teams or failed companies.

Which is a shame as I could use a new RTS and these chaps know how to make them.

Interesting and exciting ideas, but I don't like the style of visualization, it's too "cartooney", but it's the trend nowadays, everyone for some reason makes games with a lot of bright colors and rainbows, which is sad :(

Those visuals are not actual gameplay at this stage,but yes they do represent the intended style. Personally I hope the style is just a little grittier and realistic when the game is acutally released.

Well there's 45 mins left and the just hit $2.2m a few seconds ago, they have achieved all their stretch goals. A good day for RTS games I think!

The developers are hosting a live stream to celebrate the end of the campaign here: http://www.twitch.tv/uberchannel