Sign in to follow this  
Tox_Laximus

Stuff to do while waiting for beta3

1. It's an old tradition of mine to watch the south park episode where cartman can no longer wait for the wii to be released so he freezes himself, but it all goes wrong and he's revived 500 years later in a buck rogers parody.

2. Install the 1988 version of carrier command and make a video comparing it to the new version.

3. Grind teeth, and keep checking the forum :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EcXi_u-jk0

Edited by Tox_Laximus
Added Video

1. It's an old tradition of mine to watch the south park episode where cartman can no longer wait for the wii to be released so he freezes himself, but it all goes wrong and he's revived 500 years later in a buck rogers parody.

2. Install the 1988 version of carrier command and make a video comparing it to the new version.

3. Grind teeth, and keep checking the forum :p

1. Nice idea, just did it as per your suggestion :) Might I also suggest (South Park) Starvin' Marvin in Space? That always crack me up! (And since it's been a long time since I've seen this one, I'll do that myself too).

2. I was/am considering doing that (just the install part) while waiting for the release (I haven't bought it yet, so no Beta for me yet).

3. Unfortunately I do this, also while considering getting me a Beta :p Beta 3 that is, so I guess I have to wait some more.

Video comparing the 1988 Amiga version to the new version, makes you think what will be available in another 24 years time :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EcXi_u-jk0

Nice video. It's striking how far computer games have come in terms of graphics and possibilities.

Just doing my part Sir!

:p

BTW the stats from youtube read...

Audience

Top demographics

Male, 35-44 years

Male, 25-34 years

Male, 55-64 years

How to appeal to younger audience without resorting to half naked ladies?

Nice video. It's striking how far computer games have come in terms of graphics and possibilities.

Yes, it's also striking how demanding the modern computer games have become, due to faster, easier library / object oriented programming methods instead of pure coding.

But I guess, since computer entertainment has become a proper production line and profitable trading channel ...... time has become money ! :)

Edited by Sungsam

People still watch South Park? Got boring to me at least.

Video was pretty cool. I remember how those graphics were once cutting edge. We were happy to simply have more than 4 colors and maybe a noise generator on top of the bleeps and blips!

-X

One very important aspect that plays still into how impressive Carrier command is comes from seeing vehicles under your previous controls now bearing past your view in another vehicle. Watching your carrier set sail from the perspective of another vehicle is still quite magical as is seeing a group of Walrus landing. Nothing else like it then or now and so it would appear you've nailed this

One very important aspect that plays still into how impressive Carrier command is comes from seeing vehicles under your previous controls now bearing past your view in another vehicle. Watching your carrier set sail from the perspective of another vehicle is still quite magical as is seeing a group of Walrus landing. Nothing else like it then or now and so it would appear you've nailed this

I 100% agree with this. It never gets old.

The carrier does have a tremendous presence when its moving, also viewing the front of the carrier from afar looks really intimidating, the devs have obviously gone to great lengths to make everything realistic.

The carrier going full speed towards you with guns blazing and every vehicle launching simultaneously would scare the pants of anyone, and make a pretty good scene in a trailer :p