Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo 4

If I remember right someone else ported it. I downloaded it but gave up playing it. The port was alright but the campaign is not. It's just a lot of enemies and not much of a balance. It must be seriously altered to fit todays AI and view distance.

You should be able to find the DL link in the CWR²'s discussion thread.

edit: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?85017-Cold-War-Rearmed%C2%B2-Discussion&p=2213220&viewfull=1#post2213220

If I remember right someone else ported it. I downloaded it but gave up playing it. The port was alright but the campaign is not. It's just a lot of enemies and not much of a balance. It must be seriously altered to fit todays AI and view distance.

You should be able to find the DL link in the CWR²'s discussion thread.

edit: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?85017-Cold-War-Rearmed%C2%B2-Discussion&p=2213220&viewfull=1#post2213220

Ah, so it's just a direct port with very little tweaking for modern standards like the CWC/Resistance campaigns are probably getting? I'm only asking because I do know the old game ended up having three campaigns, and I figured one was in a questionable state for why it wasn't being considered for this mod directly.

Thank you for answering my question, by the way. :P

Oh? Red Hammer has been brought to CWR²? Is this something you guys are doing internally or has been publicly released, despite being in German?

No, we're not doing anything with any Codemasters IP.

hm, 12hours till 'death by hanging' left... get the joke?

*Open browser, go to this thread, see nothing, closing browser and continue my RL*

Hi

sorry but preparing and uploading that huge package took longer than I thought, as always there were bugs to fix that appeared after I packed everything. And uploading such massive files is a pain.

Now it's finally up but I'm a bit in a hurry here due to family commitments. :(

So no fancy new release thread, for now this one must do. See first post for download link.

I removed the old Demo4 links and replaced them with the beta one. The extra content links (UK, NL units and Drachenfels Island) remain the same.

As always, if bugs found then report them here or at our Bugtracker.

What's in for you:

- All content from Demo 4 plus everything that was missing: Bradley, BRDM, OH-58, Russian Boat, Civilian cars and more

- Bugfixes and little improvements since Demo 4

- CWC and Resistance campaign, both in beta status. They can be played but most probably they will have issues

- All missions from good old OFP (minus some PvP Missions we haven't done yet)

- Many fancy new bugs of course

Please note that this is NOT the final release. We need you to find and eliminate any problems left (or new introduced).

If you are interested in playing the campaign (and only playing it) we suggest you wait until we declare it as final.

Everyone of course is welcome to play through them and report the problems he finds and suggestions he has. With your help we can make this the awesome campaigns they were, and even more.

After this Beta we will release 'nightly' builds when updated/fixed content or missions are available. You will find them here.

For those who want to have complete packages, we may provide one Beta Release per month which then contains all previous bug fixes.

Please note: The new missions package is not uploaded yet, I'm waiting for the last 2 missions being tested and a few cutscenes. I probably will pack and upload them plus the missions when I return in a couple of hours. Gives you time to explore the new content and stuff ;)

Again, sorry for the delay and not making a proper thread, I'm already outta the door.

Grats for the release. :) All possible resistance campaign bugs can be sent here, bug tracker or even straight to me with PM. ;)

so I was wrong, it's not a fools joke afterall!

now I can't wait to start downloading via play with six...

can't wait for yet another cold war deployment!

P.S. I always believed, that you guys, will do what you said - men of words ;)

As long as there's something to play, I don't mind if there's a slight delay. I'd like to try what you guys offer and see if there are strange bugs and report about them.

Nice one! Time to move away from my laptop and kickstart my stationary :) Will play through and give feedback on the campaigns.

Cool, glad to see Bigfoot made it into the demo! :cool:

Glorious!

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!!

I guess it's best to beta test the campaigns without any AI mods?

I updated with six updater and the 1985 campaign is still the short one. I'm now downloading the demo from the link in the first post.

I'm saying this so noone else will do the same mistake out of habit, six is not updated yet :) (2 more hours to wait for me.. lol)

I don't know if I'm wrong or not but I cannot find the new vehicles you're speaking about (OH-58, bradley, russian boat, ...) and the campaign is not available (maybe with the missions you'll upload next ?)

I downloaded the file called cwr2_beta_r1.rar on this link:

http://cwr2.arma2.fr/files/cwr2_beta_r1.rar

Seems like an old version, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, thanks for all your work, can't wait to play the OFP campaign (even if there are some bugs ;) )

If W0lle is in a hurry/rushing around he may have something mixed up.... files in the R1 seem to be rather old = 09/2012. Guess he needs much better coffee or tea so he can double-check all the CWR2 things before release. ;) :D

Noo... Should I stop my DL?

edit: stopped my DL, turned off my stationary arma2 comp, went to a corner to lay down in fetal position.

Edited by andersson

shit, I already downloaded everything.

moreover, I've noticed the readme file is rather old too (2012), and in the documentation files, there is no mention of the new units (bradley, kiowa etc...)

no campaign either, I think we don't have the right file...

shit, I already downloaded everything.

moreover, I've noticed the readme file is rather old too (2012), and in the documentation files, there is no mention of the new units (bradley, kiowa etc...)

no campaign either, I think we don't have the right file...

this is interesting, i'm waiting for wolle to say it... also to get forum mod rights just for this occasion :mad:

Hmmm.. I have confirm that W0lle must have messed something up. I tried to contact him, but I guess he's still out. He's not on Skype and not replying to emails. I unfortunately don't have access to the ftp and Tom isn't anywhere to be found either. I'll continue to try to reach him. Sorry for the inconvenience.

edit: I removed the download link as well until we figure this out.

Edited by Max Power

can this be 'innocent' aprils fools? :)

And if we let WOlle breathe a little: it is a work of mad and I feel he did not get much sleep last night ...

It will be ready when it's ready, right? :)

We're working on it.

edit: Of course, what I mean by that is I'm sitting around waiting for people to come online :/