Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo 4

@Wolle and and the rest of the CWR2 team

all what can be said has been said, this is an outstanding mod, the time, work, dedication, sweat and love put into this really shows off and if the mod wasnt there, there would be really something missing here.

Im not surprised about the decision to not continue the project with ArmA3, i AM actually surprised that u seem to have thought about in the first place :) I mean ArmA3 and CWR, common that wouldnt fit :)

Im sure we will at least have 2 more years fun with ArmA 2, maybe more. Maybe ArmA 2 is the real last part of the series and we will play it for 10 more years like some did with OFP and maybe ArmA3 is the beginning of the end, and/or its the beginning of something completely new (good or bad) who knows.

What i know is, this mod will be remembered for a long time and i guess most of the players that will, do not even write here. So in the names of those who are not here, THANKS for this masterpiece and the funtimes we already had, and for the funtimes that still lie ahead :)

Edited by RunForrest
typo

Thanks everyone for the kind words. The decision wasn't really an easy one especially with the stupid SciFi Setting in A3 which needs proper units, weapons and vehicles. I'm sure someone else might pick up the idea and comes up with something similar. :)

Now I have some sort of WIP screens for you, really boring ones actually but I'm sure Celery will be happy to see them: :rofl:

cwr2_desertisland_2013_1.jpg

cwr2_desertisland_2013_2.jpg

cwr2_desertisland_2013_3.jpg

This is Desert Island in 2013, complete new textures and the Western part is as flat as it was in 2001. It maybe makes the place even more boring but the bumpy terrain the current island has makes converting missions even harder; especially when lots of buildings are placed there.

I'm also happy to say that we already found someone able to help us with Angelina. Thanks LODU, we're looking forward to see the girl in this 'little' Mod. :)

That's very sad, i see this as the end of a great generation of modders, born during OFP times. I hope the newcomers will be on par with what the community was at that time. Anyway, thanks a lot for all what you have done, getting the real spirit of the game alive :)

just can't wait to have my hands on that mod.

I really dunno what I expect most: CWR², OFrP 3.2 or ArmA 3

For what it is worth, me and mine have had lots of fun playing your mod, so thanks for putting in the considerable effort of making it and we wish you the best of luck in the future.

CWR2 is the only thing that remotely give that unique sweet feeling I had on Everon 10 years ago.

I'm willing to pay BIS a lot of money for a CWR3 expansion.

Thx Wolle and the hole CWR2 team for your time and effort that you guys puth in this mod!, it been a great mod!

CWR2 is one of my favorites mods! It's brilliant work. Thank you for this gift.

I didn't expect you to port it to Arma 3, though. Technology is developing faster than what modding communities can cope with. I don't blame you for wanting to retire from your seven year project. Hopefully, this past year has pulled in some curious modders who will want to start adding in models to A3. We will have to see.

Yes thanks from my part as well to you and the whole CWR team. We have gone a long way and it's a bit sad to me that it's come to an end but nevertheless I just wanted to let you know how much I really appreciate you hard work and effort. Without you modders I'm not sure I would still play ArmA. You are the main reason that I've stuck with this franchise for over ten years. It's you that makes this game immortal.

Thank you so much . . . you guys rock. :cc:

Not boring Wolle, had many a epic time on that lovely strip of land, face off's and it was wide enough for me to land on back in the day when I was learning! nice to see :)

I definitely understand the decision. BIS has really shot themselves in the foot with ARMA III. But after the ACR DLC...unfortunately its not surprising :butbut: Thanks to the CWR team for all of their hard work

I don't really view it like they shot themselves in the foot in terms of the reasons we're speaking about. In terms of modding, I think that big addons (and I guess many of our addons we're doing for the mod are pretty 'big' in terms of extra features and stuff) will require teams and a lot of time. I would expect Franze and Nodunit or RHS would be a model for how really complex addons will be done for ArmA 3. I would expect that your average reskin will be easier if all of BI's addons have hiddenselections, something they started doing more often with OA.

one of my favorit mods no doubt i don't mind it not being in arma 3 i'll still play arma 2 i even still play arma 1 so for me this is not gonna have any impact this mod will continiue on my top 10 list for many years to come so keep up your good work

Hallo CWR team,

many, many thanks for your hard work and decication (could not be said enough).

Especially i want to thank Wolle (how do manage to survive this workload so long !? Respect).

Greetings

Kuro aka (Thomas Schwarz)

many people will still remain with Arma2, so you should not worry, if Arma3 is less mod-friendly, than we gonna stay with A2, i see no problem, i know people still playing OFP cause they love it, i can stay with Arma2 if Arma3 lacks of multiple turrets on airplanes (WW2 bombers) , if lacks halftrucks (also WW2 mods) if lacks of bulletproof vests, reactive armour, armour penetration like in real, armour reacting other way on cumulative energy, explosion, etc. than it is only graphic ,

i do not need eye-boomstics like mirrors, animated hand on steering wheel, waving flag, if we could play OFP for maaaaaaaaaaaaany years (although other engines were better graphically, even i know people playing RTCW or AVP or Max Payne still) than we can still play Arma2 because of "military engine", VBS has much worse graphics than Arma1 had, but users use it for other reasons,

if you aim in "military" players than all is okay, if you care about generation x-box, than ... they are not important , and than better to improve still stuff for Arma2 engine, OFP was always loved for "simulator wannabe" and "mod-able engine" not for "gaaaaaame" , game was OF:DR and you know how game which was not mod-friendly ended, having eye-candies is not something which can convince "old community" here, maybe eye-candies can convince newbies and generation x-box, but not me and probably not people who are here since OFP,

all depends how addon-friendly will be Arma3, so far i do not know, but if it will be less addon-friendly military-tactically-friendly (military simulation), than Arma2 will last for many years and you should not care about Arma3 ,

do not act like "cold war" theme dies after 5th of March, even if half of community will suddenly start to play A3, than second half will stay with A2 because of different mods,

i'd prefer to see new Namalsk , 1939 mod, 1914-1918 mod, update or updates of both P85 and CWR than see sci-fi 2025 war among digital-multicam soldiers in FLIR, i can wait for new Stalker mod , i can wait for Star-Wars mod or other things, i would 100x prefere to see Middle-Ages knights or Napoleonic war mod again in Arma2,

anyone remebers Lego Warz mod ? Jurrasic Park mod in OFP ? or Rambo mod ? cause after several PC changes since OFP and several format c: operations since years, i am going to reinstal OFP again just to play again those mods, to play again with all ProfTournesol mods,

but till i do not have tools, mlods, cpp from Arma3 it is all "hypotetical", just continue work and do not care if some percent of community will go to A3 next day after release , i will continue on A2 till i will be sure that A3 will be easy to mod like OFP, A1, A2 was for me , so i do not feel like anything dies

Edited by vilas

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened! Dr. Seuss

Great to hear about Angelina and of course that CWR2 Mod is going to be finished and not abandoned just because A3 is looking around the corner!! :)

Here's another idea. Long live CWR2!

Regardless of the interest in it, a lot has changed in ArmA 3. I think a lot more than changed between ArmA 1 and ArmA 2. kju's attempt to put ArmA 1 in ArmA 2 was a thorough effort but you can't really say that ArmA 1 content is exactly plug and play. This isn't the same thing as Take On <=> ArmA 2. In many ways I think it will be more like OFP <=> ArmA 2. You can't just 'rearmed' that.

In many ways I think it will be more like OFP <=> ArmA 2. You can't just 'rearmed' that.

You can do it, with many cups of coffee:rolleyes:

More like with a couple bottles of vodka.

Then you at least have an excuse for doing that insane project again. :)

I don't think you can send vodka in the mail but if anyone wants to travel over here to give it to me personally, I would not turn you away.

edit: I mean I would not turn the vodka away.

Words of encouragement and praise may seem fickle coming from someone like me, but there is just something about OFP that seems classic to me, and what I've played of the mod has only further validated it for me. I eagerly await to see it in a completed form, as I think revisiting Everon for one final war would be a great sendoff to ArmA II. It's far more memorable than the campaigns in ArmA I and II, that's for sure. :P

On the contrary, Foffy. You are the exact kind of person to offer words of encouragement and praise. We're all fans of OFP, it's why we're here :)