Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo 4

Hey, does anyone have documentation for UK and NL DLCs? And also what are the static backpack names for CWR2's static weapons? Because the CWR2 Dshkm bag says 'Takistani locals' but the only Takistani locals bag is the OA one which gives you the Dshkm with the OA sound.

Hey, does anyone have documentation for UK and NL DLCs? And also what are the static backpack names for CWR2's static weapons? Because the CWR2 Dshkm bag says 'Takistani locals' but the only Takistani locals bag is the OA one which gives you the Dshkm with the OA sound.

Documentation for NL and UK expansions is included in DLC's archives, you can see links in first post of this thread.

Would it be possible to get the L4 Bren Gun off you lads to use for my own mod?

Is there a way to turn off the SAS in BAF addon; their skill to heal ?

I want more death feel if you get shot, not being able to heal through.. is it hardcoded or is it a possibility to turn off in any way ?

I really like the SAS model-skin, and want to use that.

Is there a way to turn off the SAS in BAF addon; their skill to heal ?

I want more death feel if you get shot, not being able to heal through.. is it hardcoded or is it a possibility to turn off in any way ?

I really like the SAS model-skin, and want to use that.

Sorry I get back to you that late, haven't checked the thread in a while and notifications about new posts still don't work.

The healing ability is defined in the model config and can't be changed in the editor. We believe that Special Forces operating alone and away from support units should be able to heal themselves. Of course it is unrealistic but adding SF Medic units would mean adding more units. We don't mind doing that in the final version of the Mod but not for the current Demo as it would require yet another patch to download.

Given that existing mission content is created taking into account the current capabilities of units, it would be preferable to define an additional SF class without the medical abilities of the already existing classes rather than removing the healing capability from the current config definitions. That way it is possible to retain backwards compatibility for mission content as they will not be affected by a change in the characteristics of the existing unit classes.

---

Use of the First Aid Modules in missions can to some extent already mitigate the impact of the healing capability of SF troopers. Any unit bleeding out will require assistance from another unit.

Regards,

Sander

With 'Full Steam ahead' announced some days ago we think it's time to inform you, our fans about the future of Cold War Rearmed.

I will get straight to the point: Cold War Rearmed development stops at ARMA 2, we will not move on to ARMA 3.

While this are bad news for some of our fans, let me explain you the decision - which was made almost a year ago already.

We believe that modding for ARMA 3 will not be as trivial as it was for ARMA 2, and even there it is hard work already. Before I proceed, let me give you some details. Currently our Mod has:

• 12 Helicopters/Planes
  • 15 Armored vehicles
  • 39 Wheeled vehicles
  • 61 Weapons
  • 44 Human models
  • 5 Terrains plus several bonus ones

In ARMA 3, rvmats and configs will probably be more complex than they are now; vehicles will require inverse kinematics for hand steering and also PhysX support. We need physically accurate cars and tanks. Infantry will need to be able to change clothes, roll around on the ground, and shoot from their backs (which means new models and new rigs). Weapons will require support for the customization system (where available). The Helicopters will require rotorlib flight models and inverse kinematic animations like in Take On Helicopters. And, let's face it, so far Take on Helicopters has not seen a single new helicopter model added since it was released.

From the perspective of an addon maker, this is adding yet more layers of complexity which requires even more time and effort. Currently, we have only one guy in the team who is able to do all that work. How much work the terrains will be no one can tell. But, as many of you may know, we were only able to deliver all of them last year. We started the Mod after the ARMA 2 release in 2009, in all the years we had great help from skilled and dedicated people; we also received a lot of model donations from very kind supporters and Bohemia Interactive. Nevertheless, we are still not done 4 years later. If we would move to ARMA 3 with the current team the estimated development time would be around 8 years or even more. By then, no one would even remember ARMA 3.

Besides the time and workload affect, I also have no interest in spending the entire lifetime of another game creating a Mod which only gets done when the next game is released. I'm also tired of constantly running after people, begging them to help us out, only to receive broken promises. I joined the original team shortly after the ArmA release in 2006 and spent 7 years of my life on this Mod already. Enough is enough, it's time for me to draw a line and finally enjoy ARMA 2 while it lives. ;-)

What are our future plans:

We will finish this Mod as promised. We will not give up and leave you back with a half-finished Mod. Now we may not be able to deliver everything we had in mind, and some vehicles must be replaced with alternatives but you will be able to play the Campaigns and Missions a better Bohemia Interactive once made. ;-)

We are currently waiting for some external developers to finish their work, we need a face texture for Guba, we need a proper Angelina and the OH-58 model need some love. Both campaigns are finished as in they are ready to test.

As soon as the aforementioned problems are solved we will release a public beta available to everyone for reviewing and testing. Should this take longer than expected we will continue to release single addons which are already done as we did in the past.

Long term plans:

What happens after the release depends a lot on how many of the current team is left then (or if new people join us). I hope that you will see at least some decent missions after the Mod is released. Eventually, we may be able to produce even more Addons or terrains. But everything is open right now. Bug Fixes and improvements will be done as long as possible.

I personally will use ARMA 2/CWR² until I have enough of it and then finally leave and move on.

Please, if you can help us with any of the above problems: Face texture, Models, textures then get in touch with me. The more people help us, the faster we can release the Mod.

Thanks for reading and remember:

If you see the flash, it’s already too late!

Edited by W0lle

Thanks CWR2 team and you W0lle for effort and time which you put in this great mod:thanx: :clap: .... and I feel same about in which direction ArmA 3 goes :toilet: :jail:

When armed assault came I never looked back at OFP. When Arma2 came I saw no reason to play Armed assault.

I will probably never uninstall arma2, all thanks to you. I just love the 1985 and resistance campaign. That alone will be the reason arma2 will live on my computer for as long as I play games like this.

Thank you for all you work, and thank you very much for sticking to it until its finished!!!

Hey thanks for working on this mod. In my opinion ArmA2 doesn't get the credit or time it deserves. It's barely 5 years old and there's so much to do with it. Don't worry for one second about ArmA3.

W0lle and team, your decision is fully understandable. There allways comes a time to move on. Let me express my thanks for one of the greatest mods ever for this game to all who have contributed to it. CWR² is another reason to keep ArmA 2 alive!

Dear W0lle and team, it's very sad but understandable.

You guys have given a lot to this community and done an amazing job, despite rough conditions.

Words further elude me...

I hope finalizing of the mod for arma 2 will go speedy and without too much hassle,

and wish you guys all the best in whatever you plan to do next.

I for one hope to see all or at least some of you in arma 3 land!

Respect and Salute!

W0lle,

It's sad that you choose not to continue CWR2 into A3 but I fully understand and respect your decision not to.

However, I wish you every success in the continuation of CWR2 on Arma 2 and I can't wait until you release the CWC and Resistance campaigns.

Your work is appreciated :)

question wOlle:

will the beta content be available via FTP such as armaholic, or only via six?

thanks

Thanks for the update bud, and many thanks for the effort you and your team put and continues to put in, always seem to make time for a bit of cwr2 myself have I have a moment so glad you'll be able to at least get some of what you waned out the door.

Regards

Jeza

@W0lle: I think that you guys have made the right choice.

I can only hope that you receive the help and credit you deserve to complete this incredible endeavour (if I could do face texture, Models, textures then I would).

question wOlle:

will the beta content be available via FTP such as armaholic, or only via six?

thanks

Six will be only an alternative as before. The beta is definitely available via http downloads as well. :)

To everyone involved with Cold War Rearmed², thanks for your time and dedication. This is my favorite mod for Arma 2 and it's a dream to have an updated and enhanced, fully featured revision of a much revered classic.

The decision is sound and honestly for the best. I'll be playing this well after the release of Arma 3. :cool:

Yup, even though it's sad, it's quite understandable. Many thanks for years of dedication and service, CWR team! Best of luck in completing this masterpiece, and best of luck with the future. All of you. :)

The work of the CWR team over all these years, mostly for the benefit of people the team will never meet in person, is a prime example of the human spirit at its best.

I'm not sorry for your plan to cease work on the project, I'm just glad you guys exist and grateful for all the excitement, fun and gaming pleasure you guys provided us over all these years.

Thank you all, and especially you W0lle, the beating heart of the CWR endeavor, and we look forward for CWR2 final release!

I appreciate CWR even exist on arma2. With only a part of campaign and missions CWR is better than original product.

Maybe Bohemia should consider making own OFP-extension on arma3 engine. It appears to be good business decision.

Anyway, "donation is inevitable" :) Or at least give me an address where should i send a vodka.

The work of the CWR team over all these years, mostly for the benefit of people the team will never meet in person, is a prime example of the human spirit at its best.

I'm not sorry for your plan to cease work on the project, I'm just glad you guys exist and grateful for all the excitement, fun and gaming pleasure you guys provided us over all these years.

Thank you all, and especially you W0lle, the beating heart of the CWR endeavor, and we look forward for CWR2 final release!

Couldn´t have said it better

Thanks guys!

@ cwr-team and wolle- i wanted to thank you for the great work. the worst is not arma3 + steam but when the cwr2 team gives up and stops this incredible mod, that would be the worst thing for me as arma 2 player. good to see you all are doing the best to get it out for us .... Thank YOU ALL!

all begun with Operation Flashpoint and it seems that it ends for me with the CWR2 mod and i´m fine with it.

everything is better then my english .... sorry

Edited by mc sonar
pointless

CWR team, thank you for all the things you unsefishly gave to this community and best of luck.

When Arma 3 comes, this mod will be one of the reasons to keep Arma 2 on my HDD. :inlove: