Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo 4

MemphisBelle maybe, he did a pretty good job translating the English CWC strings to German. Also translated Murrays Editing Guide back in the days.

And please, discuss Red Hammer in the thread about this campaign, not here again.

Edited by W0lle

I'm having an issue with the 7.62x51 30rd. magazine for the British L4... It's not being recognized in-game... I'm not sure its there at all in the .pbo I have. I've got the latest CWR demo via PlayWithSix and have moved the British units' .pbo to the addons folder in the CWR install folder. I can't seem to understand what's gone wrong.

I cant see where the problem is since it is all in the cwr2_uk pbo. Weapons troops and all. Maybe your getting the classname slightly wrong?

It's possible that Sickboy still hasn't added the latest version and hotfix to Six. Please get the files from the first post and extract them to your @CWR2 folder.

The UK and NL magazines were moved to the cwr2_weaponconfig for easier maintenance, so if you have UK v1.02 but not the hotfix installed you get the missing magazine error.

Two videos featuring CWR2, JSRS 1.5 and Blastcore:

Anti-tank, tank shells and infantry CWR2 action:

Snow storm. Raiding an artillery battery:

Very good to see (and hear) that there are no problems so far with the JSRS compatibility. :)

:yay:

having played the original when it came out, 'bomberman' is my favourite mission/level of any game, so a massive thanks to all involved in cwr4, i'[ve had a big grin on my face for the last hour :D

Is it possible to get the "zeroing" for MP5SD6 up to 200m and the AI use it for more than only auto-firing at targets within 50m range?

I must say that in real life the little 9mm wouldn't be very effective past 50 meters. At 100 yards I can watch the rounds going downrange out of my Uzi... couldn't imagine making 200 yard shots! Of course game-wise I would guess that 100 yards would be reasonable.

??? The -K model has the short-short barrel (3.5" IIRC) meaning that it has pistol ranges and power. Ditto for the integrally suppressed model which is the one I think to which you are referring. The MP7 is a different bird altogether... very loosely equivalent to a .22 Magnum. Of course that is a PDW and it serves that purpose well... Hollywood notwithstanding.

Now the HK-94, being the Carbine version, would have the longer 9-inch barrel and therefore greater muzzle velocity. Keeping it in the PDW realm, but extending the range. Of course all these points moot for the game... I still think 100 yards for any 9mm weapon is about the limit.

MP5K is 4.5'', MP5SD6 is 5.7'' and imo this weapon shouldn't be + feel similar to an PDW or like a pistol (or the Scorpion Vz 61) ingame. Let's say 200m is max effective range and everyone incl. AI will like to use it instead of waiting if someone is closer than 50m. :)

Guys, this is OFP/CWR² and not ACE2. Realism doesn't matter!

200m is too much I think, 50m too less. Let's say we meet in the middle: 150m - okay?

Can you check why AI has some troubles to use the MP5SD6 beyound close range? Noticed them waiting and using the MP5SD6 ("Cleansweep" missions) only in full-auto fire mode and if the enemy was closer than 50m. Perhaps force AI primarily to use short burst?

150m - okay?

Statement or question? :P You seriously work after the rules I sent you a while back? ^^

LJ

After checking the config I can say that our MP5 using the same ranges as the BI MP5, except the zeroing of course which is taken from ACE2 I think.

Default Zeroing has been increased to 150m now.

Fire ranges are now:

Single: min 2, mid 50, max 100

Burst: min 1, mid 50, max 100

Auto: min 0, mid 25, max 50

Needs to be tested with the AI of course, so I will send a test config to certain people sometime soon. ;)

Default Zeroing has been increased to 150m now.

Fire ranges are now:

Single: min 2, mid 50, max 100

Burst: min 1, mid 50, max 100

Auto: min 0, mid 25, max 50

Needs to be tested with the AI of course, so I will send a test config to certain people sometime soon. ;)

150m sounds good. I also noticed that AI with the MP5, like in Cleansweep missions, will not engage at ranges greater than ~50m. But those were suppressed, right? MP5SD6 or something? Shorter range?

Seems like CWR2 make chutes explode. Maybe just on dedi servers.

KilrBe3's DrugSmuggler mission, when played with CWR2 has exploding chutes (right after jumping from the plane some chutes explode and hurt the players/AI). The same mission without running CWR2 doesn't create any problem with the chutes.

W0lle, I remember we had the same issue with one of your ONP missions. Could this be the mod's problem?

hardly. I've seen too many chutes explode all over Arma2 to think it would be just one mod.

I've a problem with the parachute, if the AI lands on the ground the chute is bouncing up and down for like 1 minute.

Jea exploding chutes... we had that alot (without cwr) and we could never figure out what caused it (we had strong impression blastcore caused it but couldnt repro it)

Bomberman also is my all-time-favorite since OFP. I made a small Video with ACE, ASR AI, TPWCAS, Blastcore, tons of other addons: post 10 (i have no youtube account so u have to download it manually)

Edited by RunForrest
link

I've a problem with the parachute, if the AI lands on the ground the chute is bouncing up and down for like 1 minute.

Yes that's indeed a problem we have with the round parachutes from ACE2, it's even worse when you land on a steep slope. We haven't found a solution yet and I'm not sure if there is an easy one. You can go back to the default ones by deleting cwr2_para.pbo and cwr2_para_config.pbo as I did for now.

Exploding parachutes I never seen in cwr2 and only very few in A2. But I don't use Mods like Blastcore etc. so maybe it has indeed something to do with that.

Yeah and if you're making reports please make sure you're not using any mods. Right now I'm confused about when this happens.