Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo 4

From the first post:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Install Instructions:

1) Download and install CWR² Demo 4

2) Download and install CWR² Demo 4 Patch 1

3) Download and install CWR² Demo 4 Patch 2

4) Download and install CWR² Demo 4 Hotfix

5) Download and install the Expansions if wanted

Confirm when asked if you want to replace/overwrite files

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow -JSRS combined with CWC is just fantastic except now alls I want to do is shoot from indoors to hear that awesome reverb.

I noticed that Ambush is now called Infantry? Particular reason for that? Sorry if asked already.

Also, is there a plan to incorporate JSRS 1.5 sounds in future?

I noticed that Ambush is now called Infantry? Particular reason for that? Sorry if asked already.

Because in OFP the mission was called Infantry. Ambush it was called in the Demo. And since the mission is based on the OFP one, it's called the same.

Also, is there a plan to incorporate JSRS 1.5 sounds in future?

No. We will most probably not add any more sounds or change the existing one. At some point you have to stop screwing around with things if you ever will finish a Mod.

Maybe, but only maybe - read again: M A Y B E, we change the weaponconfig so that every soundmod can be used. But this is really the lowest priority. The JSRS sounds we use now are doing the job.

Because in OFP the mission was called Infantry. Ambush it was called in the Demo. And since the mission is based on the OFP one, it's called the same.

In OFP it was called Ambush for me. I think it's also called Ambush in CWA. But if it was called Infantry in Europe, that's fine by me :)

In OFP it was called Ambush for me. I think it's also called Ambush in CWA. But if it was called Infantry in Europe, that's fine by me :)

Did a quick check in OFP... how embarrasing :o

Okay in the next update it's called Ambush again. :)

Speaking about ambush...

BMP and UAZ in first village are locked. Im pretty sure they were unlocked.

No. We will most probably not add any more sounds or change the existing one. At some point you have to stop screwing around with things if you ever will finish a Mod.

Maybe, but only maybe - read again: M A Y B E, we change the weaponconfig so that every soundmod can be used. But this is really the lowest priority. The JSRS sounds we use now are doing the job.

Sure I understand completely. Its just I was under impression from JSRS thread that 1.5 is final version so I thought you update the sounds. It would be nonsense to update sounds with every new version. I was wondering in the beginning though, why confing wasnt set for every mod and used ACE SM at the time instead. I really hope you change the config, Im sure meny people would appreciate it.

Anyway, thank you CWR Team for all the hard work so far, keep up the good work!

Sure I understand completely. Its just I was under impression from JSRS thread that 1.5 is final version so I thought you update the sounds. It would be nonsense to update sounds with every new version. I was wondering in the beginning though, why confing wasnt set for every mod and used ACE SM at the time instead. I really hope you change the config, Im sure meny people would appreciate it.

Anyway, thank you CWR Team for all the hard work so far, keep up the good work!

Changing the configs to make them work with sound mods would be a huge expenditure in time. Also it would maybe cause problems, that would take even more time to get fixed. Since the CWR weapons have their own classes and some of them even their own super classes (Means they are not based on another ArmA vanilla weapon class which get addressed by sound mods, so the sounds of that sound mod cannot be inherited to the CWR weapons) and that would mean to change it all over again, IF its even possible. I can imagine tremendous problems in this action. The project is too huge and doing something like this is not easy done.

I can understand that they don't want to update more and more and more. They want to get done with it, and thats fairly ok! If you start such a project, and people going to like it, download it and spread it all over the ArmA community, you have responsibilities, even as a moder, to continue with this to an end.

LJ

British Armed Forces Expansion:

- Added: L9A1 Pistol

- Added: L96 Sniper Rifle

- Added: Sounds for L4, L7, L96, L9A1 (thanks Lord Jarhead)

- Added: Sniper unit

- Changed: Config separated from models

- Fixed: Several issues with ammo crates

:yay:

Time to update our SAS and make regular BAF loadouts :)

Too bad you didn't include Para troops (with helmet, new beret and radio operator) and other british weapons (Sterling LMG, Blowpipe etc...) that I sent Col Stagler a few months ago.

Anyway a great improvement for thos brits.

Will send you soon the first missions of ULOTC campaign redux for CWR2 asap.

Keep on the good work guys !

Too bad you didn't include Para troops (with helmet, new beret and radio operator) and other british weapons (Sterling LMG, Blowpipe etc...) that I sent Col Stagler a few months ago.

Anyway a great improvement for thos brits.

Because:

1) Stagler never sent me them knowing 2.

2) The British Expansion already is bigger than supposed, it was not supposed to be and never will be a full blown Mod

3) We have enough problems already to finish CWR², there is simply no manpower left to fix issues with Expansions, alone fixing the FV432 tooks ~2 weeks

If one wants to make inoffical expansion packs he's more than welcome to do so but we won't add any more content now until the Mod is finished.

Great job with the updates, team.

Quick query - why did the Steyr lose auto and gain burst modes? In reality, you can only fire it in semi or full auto - squeezing the trigger about halfway gives you a single shot; yanking it all the way back causes full auto (and much mirth on range days). I don't recall the OFP Steyr having a burst mode either, I thought it was only the G36.

Recently downloaded this and having a lot of fun - can't wait to play the Resistance campaign :)

@CMD

Yet another "optimization victim". :)

Thanks, changed it and now has only Single and Auto.

it's too bad we will never get a red hammer campaign since codemasters did it :/, but the cold war crisis campaign and resistance campaigns more than make up for it :D

I don´t want to sound unthankful but ArmA3 is around the corner and there is still no Cold War Rearmed2 out yet ? (Full Campaign)

So?

Who promised you that there will be a full CWR² Mod before ArmA3? Is your ArmA2 rendered useless when ArmA3 is out so you can't play it anymore?

I'm sorry that you can't play the full campaign yet, unfortunately creating a mod with ~1700 p3d files, 2 campaigns with 63 Missions and 50+ SP Missions takes a bit longer than the usual retexture project.

But if you join us and help on the last few steps, it certainly would be faster.

And who said A3 is around the corner? Do you know the release date, then tell us please.

I don´t want to sound unthankful but ArmA3 is around the corner and there is still no Cold War Rearmed2 out yet ? (Full Campaign)

Even when ArmA 3 will be out, you think ArmA 2 won't be played? well if you think no your wrong, ArmA 1, OFP is still being played, obviously ArmA 2 will be :)

So there is plenty time to not rush, if you rush, you will make the work look "shite" which the CWR2 team are clearly not doing :P

I bet CWR2 will be out before ArmA3.

I second that, and thanks variable ;) downloaded now, I do hope to to god though atleast the briefing is in english and not german, and Cwr2 could probably have been done long time ago, but they do quality work and they already given so much stuff they didnt need too like dutch and BAF extensions, and I for one am grateful theyve taken their time.

Found a little weapon/ammo bug with the Soviet Squad Leader (Winter Unit) - just place him on the cold and lifeless Winter Kolgujev....

I second that, and thanks variable ;) downloaded now, I do hope to to god though atleast the briefing is in english and not german, and Cwr2 could probably have been done long time ago, but they do quality work and they already given so much stuff they didnt need too like dutch and BAF extensions, and I for one am grateful theyve taken their time.

Hi, see tom3kb's reply here:

From arma2base you can download usermade Red Hammer camp remake for cwr2 by shj: cutscenes, radio messages and voices from original version in english. Only 1 small problem for many players: all briefings are in german language.

is there someone strong enough in english and german to translate the red hammer campaign?