Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo 4

So glad you are enjoying our work.

Yes, the original campaign plus resistance are both being prepared to be released with version 1.0.

any idea when it will come out ?

thanks and keep it up,great stuff

any idea when it will come out ?

thanks and keep it up,great stuff

Why, when the mod is done, of course.

I've had a similar issue regarding the end of "Vulcan". It just wouldn't quit even though it had the "Mission Accomplished" screen, I just quit manually and it still said I had completed it so w/e

Exactly that's what we are looking for, bugreports telling us what is not working as supposed. So not w/e but "please see if you can fix it" :)

Why, when the mod is done, of course.

Why , cause OFP is the best campaign of all

and i joined the forum only because of your mod :)

i was just curious at "when"

consider it a good sign

Considered as a good sign. :)

But really, we cannot tell when it will be done. It's impossible because we're no more that many as before. We have other things to do as well and even a small problem could delay the Mod for weeks or days.

So it's pointless to tell any date because there's a 99% chance it can't be kept - and then the complaining starts.

I assure you that we release the full Mod with both campaigns the same day we consider it done. And chances are good we will release a public beta before so everyone can test it. But even for that a lot of work is still left to do.

That´s ok guys, take your time. I just hope that some coding genius finds the time to write ACE configs once this beauty is released ;)

This Mod has become a default addon for us, we use it almost at a daily basis, and we also already use it combined with ACE (for woundsystem and weaponresting mostly). I dont know if i posted here already, if yes, ill gladly reapeat myself. This is topnotch work, excellent quality, beautiful islands, nostalgica feeling and nice FPS on top of it.

While building a new mission i noticed there is a CWR2 snow module in the editor but couldnt figure out how to use it. Is there any documentation on it?

While building a new mission i noticed there is a CWR2 snow module in the editor but couldnt figure out how to use it. Is there any documentation on it?

IIRC, the module itself is broken but you still can call the underlying function from a script for single player missions, for example as follows:

comment "Work around the currently broken CWR2 snow module";
fnc_cwr2_startsnow = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "CWR2\General\cwr2_modules\cwr2_snow\scripts\startSnow.sqf";

comment "Make it snow around the player if we have clouds";
if ( overcast > 0.4 ) then
{
nul = [PLAYER, 1200, 0.08, 5] spawn fnc_cwr2_startsnow;
};

Yes, somewhere somehow the module got broken, maybe by one of the recent patches.

We're on that of course and hope it soon will work again as supposed.

I've played through the campaign. Really brought back some memories, except of "2,3,4,5,6,7,8 BOARDTHATMONEONETHREEATTENOCLOCK!!!ROGERRRR!!!" the main thing I remember of OFP was my pure fear in the "after Montignac" mission *lol*

However, there are several bugs, some minor, some so severe I had to type "endmission" in several missions, which is really a pity. Do you want detailed bug descriptions for the missions also in the Bugtracker (https://dev-heaven.net/projects/cwr2-cbt/issues) or here in the forum thread?

Wherever you want to report them, Community Bugtracker is more convient for us though cause the report can't get lost in a forum thread. :)

It also allows us to assign bugs and we get email notifications and can search and prioritize and sort and all that good stuff.

the main thing I remember of OFP was my pure fear in the "after Montignac" mission *lol*

A really game defining mission as it's really the first time I can remember going from a "hey im a cog in this US military machine" to "oh sh*t, Im on my own, gotta a really, really far way to run/crawl/hide/creep and engaging most enemies is a really bad idea". A real changeup pitch.

That said, it now seems harder then ever (I only ever use one save) but even after making to the rebel camp -we were completely outgunned so I had to Endmission it. Could have been the modmash I was running but dang there seemed to be alot more enemies then I remember.

Today we provide you a Hotfix for Demo 2 and also updated the NL and UK Expansions to v1.02.

All include smaller bugfixes with weapons and crates. Also included are new sounds for some weapons. The updates are also required to use CWR² with JSRS 1.5 (see that thread for download links and details).

See first post for download links, proper mirrors coming soon. :)

Is it actually possible to use the map without using the rest of the addon? aka under what name perhaps are the maps labeled in?

e.g. I only want to play on the map without using CWR2 xd

Is it actually possible to use the map without using the rest of the addon? aka under what name perhaps are the maps labeled in?

e.g. I only want to play on the map without using CWR2 xd

Here you go: http://cwr2.arma2.fr/?p=500

Doh thanks, cwr2 website didnt work for me before, said that it couldnt connect to the database or something.

It's also described in the first post, hidden in a spoiler ;)

Yes, website not working for me too now since 2 days.

Thank you for working on and updating this great mod of nostalgia!! Just curious - JSRS soundmod is and will be not required to download and enjoy CWR2 + expansions = only "recommended"?

Exactly, it's only recommended if you want to use the new ranges feature and effects in buildings. JSRS is not required for CWR².

maybe it's a good idea to write a few lines on the installation procedure. At the moment there are a bunch of archives that need to be unpacked into one folder in the right order, so it would be good to have a step-by-step recipe for that in order not to miss one or mix up anything.