Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo 4

The good news is, nothing you're doing wrong. The bad news is: The idiot project lead simply forgot to add the two pbo files... :banghead:

Sorry for that, no idea why it's not there. For sure I packed and signed the folders. Direct download for the Chinook is here.

Thanks!

Are u planning an update for m16a2_m203 model ... original arma model is not nice ... front ironsight is wrong (i suppose) and m203 ironsight always up is crappy ...

Are u planning to add also m16a1_m203 ??

Btw Awesome mod !!!

Are u planning an update for m16a2_m203 model ... original arma model is not nice ... front ironsight is wrong (i suppose) and m203 ironsight always up is crappy ...

You have a better one which is not crappy that we can add? As I said before, we had and still have other, more important problems to fix than "not nice models".

If you provide the model, we eventually consider adding it.

When the Mod is finished, and free of major bugs we eventually can care about replacing not so perfect models. For now the M16A2 does the job, and the A1 is a bonus weapon anyway.

@LDU30

Sure we can do that, if you provide us the textures.

Guys I said that just a few posts before, and said it several times in the past: We only have one modeller/texturer in the team now, all others left (often without a word) - there is simply zero manpower left to do additional content now. Finishing the basic Mod alone is an almost impossible task now, let alone create new stuff.

Can not use the same textures that other tanks? Thanks anyway, Keep using the korean tank xD.

Edited by LDU30

New Missionpack updated, see first post for link.

Only change: Long awaited Ambush/Infantry mission added, special thanks to OMAC and Kromka for testing this thing several times. :)

Mode Veteran

SP Clean Sweep II

Balance: too many infrantry. Practically i loose my team at the beginning and have to hide in any building and shot through windows. This BMP in the village is problematic. I have to grab some RPG and destroy him. His presence is quiet... supressive. I can't decide if it is good or bad.

Bugs:

- if i am alone can'tt mount to the chopper because he probably wait for order "get in" for the rest of the team,

SP Clean Sweep III

Balance: proper. Maybe little remark that my squad is to hot to throwing grenades and silence effect is reduced to zero :)

Bugs:

- objective "clean the ruins" is completed even if there is some infrantry (patrols?),

- mission isn't completed in main menu after finish,

This BMP in the village is problematic. I have to grab some RPG and destroy him.

In the CWA version of CS II, I believe you could take a LAW with you - can you alter your loadout at the map screen?

CS II without the BMP is not CS II.

Btw Awesome mod !!!

about of the M203 front sight is an has to do with the LODs so I was unless you give them a new model of the M16A2 and M16A2/M203 to the mod team but I will discuss them before changing anything

In the CWA version of CS II, I believe you could take a LAW with you - can you alter your loadout at the map screen?

Yes, LAW is available at briefing screen, as is the M21. Here are both used to effect:

rnvctrfdfko

Probably you are right. I don't remember this mission so good.

Next time i will equip my team better.

W0lle i know that mode is in most part ready but do you have in plans any interface modifications?

I've posted it on forum, in thread "suggestion" (of course without any response): arrows to move to the next/prev soldier on equipment screen will be good idea and sorting by numbers in squad (on map screen) not by names too.

I don't know if it is even possible to change but if yes can you consider this slight change?

That depends on what you mean by should, I suppose. This is a recreation of OFP, and OFP was full of crazy anachronisms, or things that were right on the bleeding edge and would never have made it to some backwater garrison so fast.

That depends on what you mean by should, I suppose. This is a recreation of OFP, and OFP was full of crazy anachronisms, or things that were right on the bleeding edge and would never have made it to some backwater garrison so fast.

Indeed and Im pretty sure OFP had the m1 model. Elite did I know

Certainty comes from checking and not recollection. Default OFP has the M1A1 Abrams with 120mm main armament. There is no 105mm armed M1 included in the game. The classname might be M1Abrams, but the config for it indicates it is actually the M1A1.

Regards,

Sander

"Steal the Car" - can you make the Mi-24 Hind disappear/despawn after the 2nd flyby = like to original (now the Hind is coming back often just to crash into trees/hills)? "Cleansweep I" I got ejected shortly after the UH-60 left the ground (only my teamleader and myself survived). "Cleansweep II" - can't remeber that there were so many soldiers against only 3 BlackOps... :D "Cleansweep III" shouldn't the weapon/gear selection have soviet/russian arms? "Infantry(?)/Ambush" - waypoints seem to be abit off or AI didn't like to move/stay on roads, the Ural with reinforcments didn't arrive and the UH-60 was nearly shot down by a unknown vehicle (BMP?) from the small hill at coast - probably patrolling somewhere on the beach. IIRC the landing zone in Chinook mission closer to the sea with a little bit less trees and more space... Anyway I like that you add some small details/objects to the missions to make them more alive. :)

"Steal the Car" - can you make the Mi-24 Hind disappear/despawn after the 2nd flyby = like to original (now the Hind is coming back often just to crash into trees/hills)?

Good point. It has a "get out" waypoint, but for some reason the AI in 1.62 sometimes acts really strange. Like Soldiers with a move waypoint all of the sudden move around when there is some fight near them, as if the move waypoint would be a sentry or guard waypoint.

"Cleansweep I" I got ejected shortly after the UH-60 left the ground (only my teamleader and myself survived).

Another odditiy, will check that today.

"Cleansweep II" - can't remeber that there were so many soldiers against only 3 BlackOps... :D

All the missions are taken from the original OFP. They were there before, but not so smart as today. :)

I removed one group already, and in Veteran mode there are even less units present now. I also added a 4th team member.

"Cleansweep III" shouldn't the weapon/gear selection have soviet/russian arms?

:o

Fixed already, together with some other tweaks.

"Infantry(?)/Ambush" - waypoints seem to be abit off or AI didn't like to move/stay on roads,

See above, in this mission I had a lot of problems with AI and waypoints which is why I scripted all of Berhoff's and Alpha squad movement.

the Ural with reinforcments didn't arrive

I had to take out the Ural completely because they either was driving it against a tree or a rock when they tried to travel to Houdan off-road. That group is now moving in on foot.

The AI in that mission really was driving me nuts, I never had them acting that worse in any mission before. :mad:

and the UH-60 was nearly shot down by a unknown vehicle (BMP?) from the small hill at coast - probably patrolling somewhere on the beach.

Yes I need to tweak that some more, but was no different in the original. Just there the tanks did not engage air targets. However if you survive that, you should get a new task to move back to Lolisse.

IIRC the landing zone in Chinook mission closer to the sea with a little bit less trees and more space... Anyway I like that you add some small details/objects to the missions to make them more alive. :)

That is true, I moved the LZ to the fixed helipads. What I forgot is adding some bonus points when player landed there. But I can change it so you can land the helicopter anywhere near the hospital if wanted.

Indeed and Im pretty sure OFP had the m1 model. Elite did I know

As sander points out, the Abrams in OFP was the M1A1.

Veteran

SP Ground Attack I

Balance: proper

Bugs: none

SP Ground Attack II

SP Rat Hole

Bugs:

- goal "destroy armoured object" isn't completed even if i destroy EVERYTHING in enemy base

- mi17 doesn'tt appear, but russian infrantry appears in enemy base. I don't think so that i missed this mi17

Remark to all choppers.

If i mark something for my gunner or me i really dont know what it is. There is no precise informations near marker or in radio command. Shilka, BMP, T-xx are just tanks. Rest is less important, but it would be nice to have recognitio in armoured.

SP Chinook

SP Vulcan

Balance: proper. I've noticed that vulcan's rate of fire is extraordinary. Just 20 second and all ammo is out. I just stood next ammo truck and "refueling" simultaneously with shooting.

Bugs:

- mission doesn't end. Screen fades to black, "Mission complete" appears but there is no transition to mission menu... But if i will go to menu manually, mission is checked like completed.

- me and my team can't heal in medical tent in base

SP Exodus

Balance: whoooa! Extremely difficult. My worst enemy was a fog. I think it is too dense. I am not a pilot, but truly believe that any flying is totaly forbidden in such conditions. Onestly speaking every landing was the last one. I had to save first because this is quiet random.

Bugs: none.

Comments:

- repair point on the extraction point would be very nice,

- what should i do with gun recieved from one of survivor? Is any way to use it?

- what is origin of this mission, i totally don't remember it

- very nice climate,

- my proposition is to add some remarks in briefing (this will save couple of crashes):

- to pass this mission you have to watch map before to find some good landing places (and pray there is no lonely trees) ,

- stall speed of cessna: about 90 knots with flaps lowererd to the maximum

- good bearing to land on extraction island is about 160-190 degree, island level about 30 meters.

SP Tank Platoon

Remarks: At the very end only two mi17 arrived. Is is proper? I expected little bit more.

Edited by kromka

just a thought:

plase, in SP missions and in the campaign, make sure that the vehicles which were unlocked in OFP will be unlocked too in CWR².

for example, in the late missions of the campaign, we had to sneak in Guba's HQ.

I've always sneaked into the tanks facility and stolen the Hind to clear the area then take the intel.

please, make sure that this possibility will be still possible in your version.

thanks

Wiki, we surely can do that. Actually since the missions are direct imports from OFP all vehicles should be as they are there. If not, then just let us know about locked ones which must be changed and it will be done. :)

ah I see, my mistake

Well, I don't know. It is true that if this was strictly a realism mod, the tanks should probably be M1 or M1IPs. I think we want to keep the improved gun performance of the M1a1 over the M60, though.