Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo 4

Good job! Im so looking forward to get home (1-2 weeks...) and play 1985 and resistance!

I started playing OFP 2001 and have played 1985 so many times in different shapes and versions. But as I started to do my own full replacement mod in 2002 I never played resistance to the end. Yes... the modding took all the time and I wanted the experience to be perfect so I kept working on the mod. As you all know stuff like that will never be 100%. I learned it too late.

So FINALLY I can play through the resistance campaign :D And with the OA engine!

Thank you!

Thanks for the answer W0lle, I'm still not in position to download the files and read the readmes.

I have two questions regarding Patch 2 and the update to the British and Dutch forces:

1. If I update the server now with the new patch and the updated British and Dutch units, will players that have the previous patch and units will be able to play with no problem?

2. If I don't update the server, will players that have updated will be able to play with no problem?

Regards and thanks again!

Great mod!

Can't wait to taste the complete campaigns. In the meantime, I'm playing some missions. Thank you!

is it just me, or "ambush" mission is missing in single missions?

@Variable

I guess there will be problems when checking signatures is on because they are different in #2. Without signature check it may work as long as no new classes like the US Patrol units or the Chinook are used.

@Gedis

"Ambush" is currently tested by some people. Playing it in Veteran mode is currently a bit frustrating, especially if you are used to "The US will always win". :D

It will be added to the pool for sure, and hopefully in the next few days or at latest next week. Then it's name will change to "Infantry" as it was called in the release version.

Great news :D ¿ can upgrade weapons sounds ? because JSRS have an new version of the mod and change the sounds for the all the infantry weapons

Great news :D ¿ can upgrade weapons sounds ? because JSRS have an new version of the mod and change the sounds for the all the infantry weapons

You can run JSRS with CWR2 afaik.

Thank you!! Found few issues by just placing units and stuff around eg no ammo for HK MP5 in UK Special Weapon Crate and some lines about HK MP5 in arma2oa.rpt. And some of these "Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocol_.../: Missing word..." and

Old style reload used in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/cwr2_FV432/AnimationSources/
:)

You can run JSRS with CWR2 afaik.

well actually I'm working but as JSRS sounds change of the M16A2 M4/XM177 when occupying these weapons have the sound of the previous version have a duty to CWR file with the sounds of a previous version

Oh right. We had a SM compatibility patch but we weren't able to publish it due to a previous agreement. Whether or not we can update our sounds would be up to Lord Jarhead, but as of right now it's a fairly low priority. There are other config things that demand attention.

Edited by Max Power

@Gedis

"Ambush" is currently tested by some people. Playing it in Veteran mode is currently a bit frustrating, especially if you are used to "The US will always win". :D

F that, it was always totally opposite (in RL at least, due to b@llz). I wish Peacekeeper (retaliation) campaign was here, which would proove it :)

Dunno why but ambush stuck into my head instead of infantry, I wonder when name was changed and I always wondered why it's ambush when it's not even close to it... (with previous patch i managed to take T-72, when they arrive at the mission's end, and blasted every piece of commies with it). It was my favorite mission from SP category...

Veteran difficulty, you mean super AI?

Edited by Gedis

well actually I'm working but as JSRS sounds change of the M16A2 M4/XM177 when occupying these weapons have the sound of the previous version have a duty to CWR file with the sounds of a previous version

Our Mod has JSRS sounds built in. the Mod is not compatible to other Soundmods, it will always use the built in sounds. You can use Soundmods, but it makes no difference.

We really had other problems to fight with in the past 3 years than compatibility with sound mods or ACE2. :)

We worked hard in the past weeks and we're happy to present you the fourth (and definitely last) Cold War Rearmed² Demo.

Aloha w0lle.... so this is why you have been so busy :)

kudos for your all your time and effort you put in!

i can't download the icon :( some other download link ? thanks in advance

Did you try the first post?

in fact the link in the first post does not work :icon_frown:

Which one? Both of the links to demo 4 patch 2 work fine for me.

Which one? Both of the links to demo 4 patch 2 work fine for me.

I mean the link to download the mod icon the other links work fine

The good news is, nothing you're doing wrong. The bad news is: The idiot project lead simply forgot to add the two pbo files... :banghead:

Sorry for that, no idea why it's not there. For sure I packed and signed the folders. Direct download for the Chinook is here.

The missing icon is also here.

Is it just me or is there no cockpit view when flying the OH-58D? External view is fine, but there is some flickering on the opaque glass.

Please (CWR,MEMBERS), you can re-texture the Bis t-55 and add it to the Soviet side?(with dshk machine gun?)

I would be very grateful for that, I have to use the North korean t-55 for my missions were in 80s soviet-afghan era.AND T-55/62 of Vilas P85 do not like anything Both the sounds and textures are PREHISTORIC time.

hopkins_t55_01.jpg

BEAST OF WAR!!:ftvsmilie2:(1300 r.p.m.) and thanks for the direct download lynk for the chinook....

Cheers

Edited by LDU30