Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo 4

Hey guys, I want to share with you several videos captured during CiA CWR2 Coop Nights (demo 4).

1. Night ambush by a US recon team during the evening. The colours of the explosions and the burning BMP 3s against the dark Malden night are just awesome:

2. British paratroopers take Figary. Nice AT action!

3. Dutch unit takes down a town's guard. Nice AT action as well.

4. American M113 mechanized team attack a town and ambush the reindorcements with satchels and mines. The night is illuminated by flares to add a really nice atmosphere to the mission!

5. American Bradley team sweeps throughthe beautiful southern Malden!

Cold War with SCAR's and BMP-3 - wtf o_O

It's here because the mission takes place on Malden, a CWR2 island. The mission is part of Sander's standalone coop pack.

Some SP mission haven't numbers in titles.

Missions without numbers are bonus missions. :)

Kromka, thanks again for your reports. Finally someone who spent some time providing valuable feedback. :)

I have uploaded a new Missionpack just today, see first post for download link. It should fix many of your previously reported problems.

The problems reported for Clean Sweep 1, Lone Wolf and Sniper team I will work on asap.

Cold War with SCAR's and BMP-3 - wtf o_O

You have no idea how many fancy missions I have here - old missions from 2001 ported and using modern equipment. ;)

Edited by W0lle

Amazing videos, Variable. I for one am extremely glad you guys are getting good mileage out of the content we're producing.

due to some events, few question have emerged about T-72:

1. what do you think OFP's T-72 version was? to me, it seems like T-72M2 moderna...
  2. and what CWR2 team wants it to be in arma2 mod? realistic dates:
    T-72A(1979/1980/1982 production versions), T-72AV(1985), T-72B - B with ERA - B1(1985 for all of them).
    I also must point out that later production T-72As received some future T-72B's features...

logically since CWC campaing is set to be at 1985, T-72AV and B familly can't be there, since T-80U(also 1985) can't, so the logical options left are:

T-72A 1979; T-72A 1980 and T-72A 1982 year production versions (such a pitty, not even T-72AV, no T-72s with era bricks)

but wait! T-80BV is also 1985 and it's there...

so the options written, now CWR2 team's word is the next move :)

Edited by Gedis

what do you think OFP's T-72 version was? to me, it seems like T-72M2 moderna...

No, it was just generic T-72 model based on T-72M1 with DYNA ERA on turret... in short a completely unrealistic, pure fantasy of 3d artist. ;D

I presume it's like with everything in OFP : Pure fictional (see RPG-75 for Russians, see G36 rifle, see M2A2). :rofl:

But with BI being Czech, it's very possible the OFP T-72 is based on a Czech T-72 or T-72M.

So for CWR, it should be T-72A or B but without ERA. But since realism doesn't matter here, I'm pretty happy with our current T-72. :)

why B without era? you know OFP's T-72s had those bricks... >.<

It's just my curiousity, nothing more... (I blame the upcoming T-80Us... the fate of tanks producing factory is unknown);)

P.S. dang, already said too much.

Edited by Gedis

You're right, the OFP T-72 indeed had these 'bricks'. These days I use OFP only as reference, I don't play with it anymore. :)

I think back in the early days we decided to call our T-72 "T-72B" but at some point then just called it "T-72" as in the original game.

due to some events, few question have emerged about T-72:

1. what do you think OFP's T-72 version was? to me, it seems like T-72M2 moderna...
  2. and what CWR2 team wants it to be in arma2 mod? realistic dates:
    T-72A(1979/1980/1982 production versions), T-72AV(1985), T-72B - B with ERA - B1(1985 for all of them).
    I also must point out that later production T-72As received some future T-72B's features...

logically since CWC campaing is set to be at 1985, T-72AV and B familly can't be there, since T-80U(also 1985) can't, so the logical options left are:

T-72A 1979; T-72A 1980 and T-72A 1982 year production versions (such a pitty, not even T-72AV, no T-72s with era bricks)

but wait! T-80BV is also 1985 and it's there...

so the options written, now CWR2 team's word is the next move :)

Well, Guba had the v-80 prototype in 1982, so why not T-72's with ERA?

Well, Guba had the v-80 prototype in 1982, so why not T-72's with ERA?

well actually ERA R&D in USSR sparkled aftter IDF clashes on Sinai with Egypt and Syria[after which ERA considered meaningful. only "pure-mecanical" adaptive armour cosidered before], ie about 50 yrs ago.

and installed gradually on all tanks during field repair["re-built"]starting from T-55 and T-62[usually refered as T-55AM, T-55M, T-62M, T-62M1 and etc].

but T72B and T80A was first mass-produced(!!)tanks shipped with ERA initially.

about B-80/Ka-50 - project started quite early and developed hardly/slowly because competing companies lobbies[supported by foreign intel].

well actually ERA R&D in USSR sparkled aftter IDF clashes on Sinai with Egypt and Syria[after which ERA considered meaningful. only "pure-mecanical" adaptive armour cosidered before], ie about 50 yrs ago.

and installed gradually on all tanks during field repair["re-built"]starting from T-55 and T-62[usually refered as T-55AM, T-55M, T-62M, T-62M1 and etc].

but T72B and T80A was first mass-produced(!!)tanks shipped with ERA initially.

about B-80/Ka-50 - project started quite early and developed hardly/slowly because competing companies lobbies[supported by foreign intel].

this part of history i know, actually ERA concept was first researched in soviet union, but some thought it was useless, when decades later Israelians showed it's potential in combat, then soviets flew M-48 with blazer era with An-22 back to Soviet Union, examined it and rushed back the ERA's research and development.

Edited by Gedis

Khem khem, a bit of history from my end. ERA indeed had serious R&D in Soviet Union, however as far as my weak russian permitted me to understand Mr. Rototayev who was one of the main engineers working on these things in Soviet Union, the problem was that back then ERA had too much explosives, literally the ERA explosion disabled or even destroyed the tank it protected.

On the other hand Mr. Held in the west was also working on ERA and was helping israelis to develop their first ERA Blazer, that in the end was success and led to further development.

As for the game, well there is a one problem, if you will include T-72B, you will need to place it as superior tank to T-80BV, like in reality, so T-72A and T-80BV tandem is a more proper. But if you want ERA on T-72, there was T-72AV variant with ERA, Mateck made T-72AV for ArmA1 as companion to his M1 and M1A1.

So if CWR2 team will have time in future and there would be general request from community, I would recommend to replace T-72A with T-72AV (or include both) as well as replacing CWR2 M1A1 model with Mateck's M1 and M1A1 (which are much better models). I think there should be no problem to convert models, Mateck noted that his M1 pack can be used if I am correct, however T-72AV was never released for ArmA2.

A question, if I am correct, CWR2 Demo4 readme says about M2 in the mod, but there is none in editor, so I understand it will be included in the final release yes?

Edited by Damian90

All units that were included in the original will be included in the final release.

Khem khem, a bit of history from my end. ERA indeed had serious R&D in Soviet Union, however as far as my weak russian permitted me to understand Mr. Rototayev who was one of the main engineers working on these things in Soviet Union, the problem was that back then ERA had too much explosives, literally the ERA explosion disabled or even destroyed the tank it protected.

On the other hand Mr. Held in the west was also working on ERA and was helping israelis to develop their first ERA Blazer, that in the end was success and led to further development.

As for the game, well there is a one problem, if you will include T-72B, you will need to place it as superior tank to T-80BV, like in reality, so T-72A and T-80BV tandem is a more proper. But if you want ERA on T-72, there was T-72AV variant with ERA, Mateck made T-72AV for ArmA1 as companion to his M1 and M1A1.

So if CWR2 team will have time in future and there would be general request from community, I would recommend to replace T-72A with T-72AV (or include both) as well as replacing CWR2 M1A1 model with Mateck's M1 and M1A1 (which are much better models). I think there should be no problem to convert models, Mateck noted that his M1 pack can be used if I am correct, however T-72AV was never released for ArmA2.

A question, if I am correct, CWR2 Demo4 readme says about M2 in the mod, but there is none in editor, so I understand it will be included in the final release yes?

genrally using conventional explosives in ERA was only typical for 1 generation of ERA and went decades behind. this and amounts of explosive materials you're talking about.

and no, such amounts on explosives[even conventional]didn't damage tank, unless it make from paper[not sure about Western, but soviet - doesn't].

even properly-made IFV can handle/use ERA and enjoy benefits from.

note: hardly T-80BV inferior to T-72B, even same-generation and meaning T-80BV and T-72BV doesn't.

those "BV" are just slightly reinforced "B" derivatives in both case. both ERA and "Chobham" improved considerably, nothing significant anymore, in this field upgrade.

generally all T-72's variants - inferior to T-80 derivatives/counterparts.

same was apply/true for T-90 too, sadly.

and no, such amounts on explosives[even conventional]didn't damage tank, unless it make from paper[not sure about Western, but soviet - doesn't].

I didn't said that currently used ERA damage a tank (and no, ERA also do not damage western tanks), I was talking about initial experiments with ERA in Soviet Union when during tests, ERA damaged tank.

hardly T-80BV inferior to T-72B, even same-generation and meaning T-80BV and T-72BV doesn't.

T-80BV have inferior armor protection to T-72B and inferior GLATGM, on the other hand T-80BV have real fire control system, while T-72B have only sighting system with LRF and ballistic computer.

BTW such thing like T-72BV does not exist. V meaning Vzrivnoy (Explosive) was added to a tank upgraded with ERA but notwere not designed to have ERA in first place, T-72B was designed with ERA in mind, this is why it never received V in it's designation code.

those "BV" are just slightly reinforced "B" derivatives in both case.

Oh seriously, I didn't know that! :rolleyes:

both ERA and "Chobham" improved considerably, nothing significant anymore, in this field upgrade.

T-80BV use older "Combination K" armor which is a very simple, purely passive composite armor made by inserting in to a cavities in turret cast structure a alluminium alloy with ultrafarfor (ceramics) spheres or balls + STEF inserts in front hull, while T-72B use more advanced Non Energetic Reactive Armor inserts in turret cavities as well as in front hull.

generally all T-72's variants - inferior to T-80 derivatives/counterparts.

It is not truth. T-72B obr.1989/1990, T-72BA, T-72B2, T-72B3 etc. are actually superior to most T-80 variants besides T-80U, T-80UD and their further evolution the T-84 series.

I would like to ask you about updating missions through sixth updater or similar soft.

Do you constantly update data (i think about missions and campaigns) on actualisation server (once a week or immediately when something new is created or in any other way) or do you synchronize updates on this server with releases of new package with missions here?

Buy the way i've updated my post #253 with new missions. During couple of days nobody wrote here. I hope you noticed it.

We don't have updates that often, sometimes there's no mission updates for weeks or even months. :)

If there's any new updates it will be announced here in the thread immediately.

Yes, got all your reports on my todo list, or even fixed them already.

---------- Post added at 22:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:57 ----------

New Demo Expansion waiting for you:

cwr2_expansion_ch47_sm.jpg

As always, exclusively available on Play with Six. :)

This mod is awesome. I love cold war. I love the Dutch marines in in too. And the British challenger :):)

How can I download new CH-47D without Six Updater?

The answer is right there:

As always, exclusively available on Play with Six. :)

I see that, but I don't use Play with Six. It's very sad :(

Download play with Six, install this mod, uninstall play with six :)