Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo 4

When playing my alltime-favorite mission "Bomberman" on Winter Kolgujev i noticed that all Winter units (Opfor and Bluefor) have ATs on their backs (just visual - u cant use them), i checked again in editor, Woodland units r fine. Sorry if it was reported already, i didnt read all pages

Install Demo 4 Patch 1, available on the first page of this thread. :)

Can anyone tell me how to use a flare with any of the CWR2 grenade launchers ("cwr2_AK74_GL", "cwr2_M16A2_GL" and "cwr2_AKM_GL")?

I add the flares in a ammo crate with "this addmagazinecargo ["flare",x]". In game I'm able to load them to my gear. But none of the grenade launchers load them.

Am I doing anything wrong?

BTW, I love this mod.

The class name of the Flares changed already in ARMA.

For the GP25 they are:

FlareWhite_GP25

FlareGreen_GP25

FlareRed_GP25

FlareYellow_GP25

For the M203:

FlareWhite_M203

FlareGreen_M203

FlareRed_M203

FlareYellow_M203

So your line for the ammo crate would be:

this addMagazineCargo ["FlareWhite_M203",10];

I thought that those wouldn't work with the cwr2 weapons so I didn't checked.

Thanks, W0lle.

What is the difference between officer and officer night? Do they just have nightvision for the night versions, or are their outfits a little different?

The only difference is in their equipment. The night officers have night vision and flares.

On Sunday we completed the 100th CWR2 mission on the CiA coop server. Beating 100 missions of a great mod should be celebrated, at least by saying a warm - Thank you CWR2 team, and thank you all CWR2 mission makers! May we play and beat at least 200 more :)

Edited by Variable

On Sunday we completed the 100th CWR2 mission on the CiA coop server. Beating 100 missions of a great mod should be celebrated, at least by saying a warm - Thank you CWR2 team, and thank you all CWR2 mission makers! May we play and beat at least 200 more :)

this! Thanks a lot for countless hours of rock-solid coop gameplay with the CWR2 mod. It even manages to have us shout out in TS: "This is the real OFP feeling" during some missions. I think that we can conclude that you guys did the job right (don't forget the mission makers here too)!

Therefore, I give the CWR2 team and all contributors 6/5 dancing bananas (thats right, 6 out of 5!):

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Very nice indeed:

606560221541203.jpg

I haven't played Arma in a while but i surely remembered to try the latest from CWR2. And it's awesome. Thanks guys. I'm feeling inspired to start planning a concept for a different style MP mission.

Viktor's office?

Yes! :)

At least he has good taste in art and cartography....

Edited by OMAC

Nice new (and hopefully temporary) touch:

fcf336222282495.jpg

Edited by OMAC

Where is the link between the OFP story + time? Is there really a need to put such stuff in a mod/addon or is just someone going over the top?? Please keep CWR2 clean from ongoing/actual incident....

We have quite a few billboards that don't have a direct link to the OFP story, for humour or other reasons. Your criticism is noted, NoRailgunner.

Were those billboards in the original OFP? If so, what was on them?

I guess the ivanmartin ones replaced the OFP adverts like this one:

f9533f166693352.jpg

Side note: I like the CWR2 name, but I think the devs missed a chance to generate real excitement among English-centric gaming insiders by not naming it something like "Cold War Battleshock Operation Force 3: Thunderstorm Troops." ;) :D

http://www.bistudio.com/index.php/english/company/developers-blog/129-arma-2-the-name-tale

Edited by OMAC

Well , I'm new on this forum but I've been playing since Arma1 and must say Thanks to all who were involved in producing such an excellent mod. I've recently have had the pleasure of playing on the [CiA] coop sever that runs this mods missions and enjoyed the experience completely.

Here is a video I made a few days ago after really playing with this for the first time:

I'm not really into winter stuff all that much, but Kolgujev is quite possibly one of my most favorite maps ever, so I figured I'd give the winter version a try. As it turned out I liked it a lot and had some good gameplay against the AI. Damn Soviets are good at taking my infantry out........ Fantastic job guys, the quality truly is top notch. Great mod. Keep up the good work.