Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo 4

Oooh, well this is a very nice surprise. Congratulations on the 4th demo launch, CWR team! :biggrin_o:

this 4th demo is very good news!

so now, as the island are finally done, what is left before we can play the full mod?

A little here, a little there... a few major things. When we're done we'll let you know :)

---------- Post added at 11:10 ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 ----------

Really? I remember Everon being far bumpier :p

I guess it depends on your terrain cell size.

Seeding the Torrent for those doing it that way! Only reason the torrent >_> Is I would get errors with the other links XD Even from ArmAholic! Hehe But epic work guys! =3 Can't wait to blow stuff up now that it's done torrenting!

Forgot to add my congratulations for the CWR2 Demo 4 release, so congrats :)

Seems like many people are choosing to download through torrent, it indeed is very good method of transferring this kind of large mod.

All the download links are WAYYYYY SLOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW......guess I'll play it next year, lol.

edit: Nevermind, found the torrent :)

Edited by bazza_1964

Seeding! Seed my fellow enthusiasts, seed away, for torrent is highly fitting a sharing community like ours.

Hello to all CWR²-Team members!

...what would be ArmA2 without your passion, hard work and joy of the whole team? ...a little bit poorer!

Big thanks to all of you!!

Hello to the com!

...what would be a mod like the CWR², without your substantive feedback, fair minded critism, every single response?

...mostly unnoticed, disrespectful towards the team and the mod!

Thanks to all who downloads the mod, playing the stuff and writing reviews ...to show up your respect for this huge and awesome mod!

Once again congrats and many thanks to you W0lle, for the release!

Cheers

McLupo

Finally had time to play it...

Holy crap! The sheer quality of this release is AMAZING!

Plus the addition of the Dutch, British and the Saint Adam island is a tasty treat.

Congrats to the team on the new release! :bounce3:

Does anyone else see the "Cold War Crisis Demo" campaign listed twice in the SP campaigns list? This happens with any of my profiles if the internal Expansions menu is used to select mods. Should I just ignore this, or can I get rid of one of the entries somehow? If CWR2 is run simply using "-mod=@CWR2" in the shortcut target line as per instructions, the campaign shows up only once.

Edited by OMAC

@OMAC

I encountered this problem before, and someone gave me the solution:

in your ArmA 2 folder, you will have an "expansion" folder.

put your "campaigns" folder in here, and you will no longer have the problem of the campaign appearing twice in your game menu

I encountered this problem before, and someone gave me the solution:

in your ArmA 2 folder, you will have an "expansion" folder.

put your "campaigns" folder in here, and you will no longer have the problem of the campaign appearing twice in your game menu

Perfect! Many thanks, Wiki! :D

Many thanks for this, more hundreds of hours of ofp oritaited play! Thanks for the seeders as well, seeding all parts myself now.

Just got all three, the look so awesome, seeding for now until there's a few more people.

Though i'm slightly sad there's no Minimi's for the SAS :(

Just got all three, the look so awesome, seeding for now until there's a few more people.

I realize that it isn't exactly the same thing but there is an M249.

Finally had time to play it...

Holy crap! The sheer quality of this release is AMAZING!

:) 2nd rate isn't an option.

Love this mod.

Just played Battlefields with my usual modmash and man did it play out the way I always wanted it to -intense!

This is now up on the Six Network (Six Updater and Play With Six).

Some soldier models need improving, I think. The new British soldiers still have Russian helmets under the camo, helmet belts also from Russian helmet model... The texture of soviet helmet seems not very well. There are too much worn paint on them and also wish to get a remade 68 cone style helmet more accurately in the future release.

Lots of others are great in the mod.

Yeah with all the grass trying to hide the Russian helmets, the UK units kind of look like Viet Cong.

Yeah with all the grass trying to hide the Russian helmets, the UK units kind of look like Viet Cong.

They're not far off how the Mk.V helmet looked to be honest. Us Brits didn't start using the Mk.6 helmets 'til slightly later on in the 1980s; up until then it was basically a WW2-era steel helmet ('turtle shell', not the more familiar 'Brodie' helmet) with an improved liner.

I notice the infantry units have a capbadge for The Rifles regiment though, even though the regiment didn't form until 2007. The APC crewman also has a black beret where he should have a rifle green one to match the other infantry units). ;)

Overall Stagler's done an decent job on the British units - they're a great surprise addition to the CWR-era for me.

I realize that it isn't exactly the same thing but there is an M249.

Save for the US-style hand-guard, the M249 in CWR with skeleton stock etc. is pretty much bang-on for the L108A1 Minimi that the SAS were using back in the late 80 right through to the Gulf War, but I'm not sure whether it was introduced as early as 1985.

Edited by da12thMonkey