Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo 4

http://cwr2.arma2.fr/media/images/cwr2_thread_picture.jpg (104 kB)

Aloha from the CWR² Team!

If you asked where the August DLC was, now here's your answer.

We worked hard in the past weeks and we're happy to present you the fourth (and definitely last) Cold War Rearmed² Demo. (Yeah I know, we said that last time too) :rofl:

Besides the many units, weapons, and vehicles from the past Demo and a lot of big and small fixes this one also contains:

* All 5 original Terrains from OFP, all with updated terrain textures and little enhancements

* Assistant MG, AT and LAW/RPG units added

* Squad leaders added to West and East factions

* M151 and Willy's Jeeps added (thanks vilas)

* Ladas added

* Gaz-24 added

* Round parachutes added (thanks ACE2 Mod)

* Upgraded 6G30 and MM1 launchers (thanks hcpookie)

* Some more editor objects from the OFP days are back, e.g. tables with maps

* Old ugly field hospital replaced with one from ArmA2

* All previous 'DLC' added (Scud, Cessna and Kamov)

And a lot more I can't remember now.

As a 'little bonus' we also included:

* Saint Adam Terrain by Jakerod

* Dutch Marines units and weapons by Sander

* British Armed Forces units, weapons and vehicles by Col Stagler

This release is dedicated to James 'Planck' McNicoll.

You will be missed and we're sure you would be happy with what we achieved in the past years.

See the included readme files in the CWR² Documentation folder for install instructions.

These files also contains important informations for mission designers, e.g. class names.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important if you have the previously released Demo and/or standalone Islands:

As before, this is a complete new package! Please make sure you have removed all previously installed CWR² Mod folders!

All of the previously released files are no more required or horribly outdated.

Everything you need to play is in below Downloads.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note: Both ArmA2 and Operation Arrowhead (Combined Operations) is required!

Install Instructions:

1) Remove all previous Demo 4 content (if present)

2) Download and install CWR² Public Beta R1

3) Download and install the optional content if wanted

Confirm when asked if you want to replace/overwrite files

Read this:

You are NOT allowed to port this Mod (or parts of it) to Arma 3!

We do not make exceptions, so don't even bother to ask!

Download Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta:

Link temporarily removed due to technical problems.

Optional Content:

Outdated links removed

Mission creators:

Give Mikeros cwr2ofp a try when editing/converting old OFP missions. It could save you a lot of headache trying to find the correct replacement classname!

How to use our islands without the Mod:

Copy the below files from the CWR² Demo into a new Modfolder, e.g. cwr2_islands:

cwr2_abel.pbo (Malden)

cwr2_abel_data.pbo (Malden)

cwr2_buildings.pbo

cwr2_buildings_config.pbo

cwr2_cain.pbo (Kolgujev)

cwr2_cain_data.pbo (Kolgujev)

cwr2_config.pbo

cwr2_data3d.pbo

cwr2_eden.pbo (Everon)

cwr2_eden_data.pbo (Everon)

cwr2_furniture.pbo

cwr2_intro.pbo (Desert Island)

cwr2_intro_data.pbo (Desert Island)

cwr2_misc.pbo

cwr2_noe.pbo (Nogova)

cwr2_noe_data.pbo (Nogova)

cwr2_noe_buildings.pbo

cwr2_noe_roads.pbo

cwr2_plants.pbo

cwr2_roads.pbo

cwr2_rocks.pbo

cwr2_signs.pbo

See also:

CWR² Coop pack by Sander

VanhA's CWR² COOP Pack

Domination Everon - 1985 Edition by Demon Cleaner

CWR² Icon courtesy of Clawhammer

If you encounter bugs or issues, please report them at our Community Bugtracker, here in the thread or by PM or email at :

bugs.png

Finally, a huge thanks to the team, our donators and supporters. Your hard work and kind donations are really appreciated. Without you we wouldn't be able to master this giant task.

Edited by W0lle
New Mission package added

Big thanks goes to CWR2 team for making + getting back the old "ancient" OFP into A2OA !! May coffee + cookies be always with you all.... :)

Top Man and Top Team! Thanks for this. Your hard work is appreciated and the fact that you give it to the community elevates your Karma off the scale - thanks!!

Thank you CWR2 team! Comrades in Arms coop server will be updated shortly.

Thanks for the realease! Ever since it's a standard addon on CiA server, the OFP-nostalgia comes back every time we play on one of the OFP islands.

It's allmost scary how well I remember every little hill and bump on Everon, while I get lost on Chernarus with map and gps enabled. :)

Thanks CWR2 team :pc: ...download server does not respond ATM :(

Two questions:

1. Missions that worked in demo 3 will work in demo 4?

2. Can clients run the demo 3 if the dedicated server runs demo 4?

BTW, Is there the plan releasing only Map pack independently?

As with Demo 3, you can do that on your own. You just need to copy/move some pbo's in a new Mod folder. You also need a modified cwr2_cutscenes.pbo which I will upload in the next hours.

Two questions:

1. Missions that worked in demo 3 will work in demo 4?

2. Can clients run the demo 3 if the dedicated server runs demo 4?

1. Yes that's no problem. In worst case you little collisions with map objects which were not there in demo 3, like the small poles on Kolgujev.

2. With equalModRequired disabled in the server config, it should be possible though. Some missions may not run then of course because stuff is missing, like Jeeps or some Objects and units.

Armaholic to the rescue - as always. Thanks mate!

Please, dont do the same to us! :)

Well... we'll see. :)

How about a torrent in gameupdates.org? (or anywhere else for that matter, its just that they have some good .se seedboxes there).

I just added gameupdate torrents to the first post some minutes ago. :)

sad .....no optional island pack

Oh yeah?....balalablubs
lol Calm down, your heart haha Edited by TeilX

sad .....no optional island pack

Oh yeah? Why on earth we should upload another 2.5 GB package when all you need is copying some files into an extra Mod folder? The lazyness from some people we surely don't support.

And how this is done we explained already at the Demo 3 release. And if you would have bothered to read the first thread completely, then you would have noticed the part where it is explained. :rolleyes:

You can update via cwr2_demo3 Six Updater to version cwr2_demo4...?

There's no Demo 4 on SU yet, and downloading Demo 3 from SU first and then update to Demo 4 manually makes no sense as 95% of all files have been changed.

As said in the first thread, please remove the Demo 3 completely and install Demo 4.

Upload should be done on Armaholic.

Files are also available on the CFr : http://cfr-arma.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=17164#p17164

Thanks mate. And no worries about your participation. You're busy enough with your own things and working with a chaotic team as ours isn't that easy. :)

I'm a bit embarrassed to ask because it reveals my glaring ignorance about our efforts, but why exactly is it called "Demo"? Are you planning to make this into a full-blown game that will be for sale in a while? Because for me, a "demo" means a purposly cut-down version of something, e.g. a small map where you can only walk up and down and shoot with one weapon for a few minutes, which is enough to be a technical demonstration and to see if this might be fun and worthy to buy. But apart from that "demo" word it seems to me that this monstrous 3.5-GB-pack is already the real deal, so excuse me if I'm a bit puzzled.

You can update via cwr2_demo3 Six Updater to version cwr2_demo4...?

I contacted the Six guys this afternoon to request this. As the original links were quickly overcome they were waiting for things to calm down or new mirrors. I have since let them know that Armaholic have the files so it should be up on Six soon!!

I'm a bit embarrassed to ask because it reveals my glaring ignorance about our efforts, but why exactly is it called "Demo"? Are you planning to make this into a full-blown game that will be for sale in a while? Because for me, a "demo" means a purposly cut-down version of something, e.g. a small map where you can only walk up and down and shoot with one weapon for a few minutes, which is enough to be a technical demonstration and to see if this might be fun and worthy to buy. But apart from that "demo" word it seems to me that this monstrous 3.5-GB-pack is already the real deal, so excuse me if I'm a bit puzzled.

Definitely not going commercial, no worries. :)

Doing so would require to solve a hell lot of problems before, and I'm definitely not up to this.

It's simply called Demo because it's supposed to show the interested people what has been done since we started and what to expect in the full Mod.

Yeah it's a bit huge for a Demo now, that's true. And over the years the purpose changed from "Demonstration" to "Let people play with the Mod". We kept the term "Demo" though to differentiate between this and the completed Mod.

Jedra,

I talked with Sickboy on Skype before. The lad is on vacation until tomorrow, not sure if someone else can update SU meanwhile.

We're releasing content limited and work in progress assets, with all kinds of things subject to change and no guarantee that it is bug free, in order to give the community something to play with as we work on this very large project. For instance, our demos include a cut down campaign without all planned assets. If we had everything finished, we would be releasing the whole thing. Until that time, we're letting the community have a go with what we have in a playable state.

this 4th demo is very good news!

so now, as the island are finally done, what is left before we can play the full mod?

It's allmost scary how well I remember every little hill and bump on Everon..

Really? I remember Everon being far bumpier :p