larsiano

Dutch Armed Forces

Really like this mod, a hell of a lot of detail (shame not all the new faction mods could be so extensive) and I'm definitely a fan of the more realistic F-35 versions and loadouts, eggbeast, you seem to be working on every active project on this forum :D. But, I'm not so much a fan of the new flight models for the jets, they feel very unrealistic to me, like the aircraft has no real mass in the sky. Is this intended, and if so, could it be made an optional feature?

Dear DAFmod fans i would like to inform you about the upgraded F-35 Lightning II & AH-64 Apache models made by Eggbeast & John Spartan that will be implemented into the DAFmod shortly. The upgraded Apache will have the ability to replace all weapons on all weapon pilons on the helicopter including the onces on the side. This has been made possible by BIS releasing the models to the public and John Spartan, Von Knudenberg & Eggbeast who together have upgraded a bunch of vehicles to a higher standard making them more functional (with multi loadouts) and fun to use all together.

some of the loadouts examples:

ah64wings_zpse44e132f.jpg

For the new F-35 the changes are way more drastic. This plane originally only had two bomb bays that held laser guided bombs that were not always usefull during a battle were no laser marker was at hand. But now John & Eggbest have added two fully modular pilons to the F-35 wings making it able to carry a full loadout in all kinds of configurations.

F-35/A non VTOL version with new wing pylons

CAP version with meteor and AIM132 (will be Iris-T eventually)

f35_model_zpsb1f83054.jpg

with GBU-39 Small Diameter Bombs

f35_sdb-1_zps9ba5ea90.jpg

AGM88 and AGM154 long range SEAD

f35_sead-1_zps8c45322a.jpg

JDAMs (bomb rack is WIP)

f35_jdam-1_zps9709240b.jpg

Brimstones

f35_agm-1_zpsb4f356de.jpg

Mk77 FAE (napalm basically)

f35_cas-1_zps3a05f2db.jpg

@TheFloatingCheese: I have added the celleries "Easy Fly script" at some point to give the aircrafts a bit more speed and a bit less extreme slowdowns in corners making them more like real planes. Some of the handeling on the other hand has deteriorated quite a bit i see. my plan was to have a look at this script more closely and try to get the best of both worlds. So stay tuned for that. If you would like to play without this script you would have to remove the daf_smokewinder.pbo but then ofcource the smokewinder itself is also missing :) I'll see what i can do!

@SS9: I'm not fermilliar with Silvie and i didnt know that the firetrucks cause more lag then other vehicles. I will try to give all of these a similar sound and set of scripts sooner or later. But if there is any module i could alter to change the frequenty of spawning i will, i just need to know were too look?

Edited by larsiano

Anyway to make it so that the firetrucks spawn more rarely in Silvie. There are hilariously too many of them and all the scripts they run can really cause a lot of lag. They are cool though.

rarity is set in your mission init

Thanks for sending us the newest version Lars :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

FLIR camera is WIP - lars imported it before i finished it. it works ok if you're looking for a few guys in a big forest, and can fly carefully with your eyes shut...:292:

not sure, haven't seen what he did to my apaches lol

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

script error for the thermobaric hellfires

can you elaborate?

Thanks for the reply everyone!

-FC = Full color roundel (red, white, blue), like it sais in the xml speadsheet

-uns_napalm was a typo and has been fixed for next patch

-the rocket problem and other things will be looked at as soon as i have my internet sorted (working on a new provider now)

@SS9: Sorry for the confusion, i see one of the textures doesnt even work i will have to fix that before i release the new patch!

Things are looking good for the mod:

-Progress is well underway towards the first non-beta release

-Possibility to add new models has become reality

-Eggbeast will help out with the EVO mission

-Most work has been done

-90% of the mod will be Arma3 compatible

0.924 (06-11-2014)

-added: Cougar (puma transport replaced) & cougar firebucket added

-added: C130 Captain

-added: Dutch Army Radiochatter (mixed with UK & US chatter)

-updated: lots of misslebox errors & missing files

-updated: P3C Orion, A320, CL415 & pilatus added wheel brakes

-updated: P3C Orion, C-130, A320, CL415 & pilatus added stall warning systems

-updated: P3C Orion, C-130, A320, CL415, pilatus, AH64, CH47, Lynx, AB412, NH90 & Cougars added GPS

-updated: AH-64 SFIR texture

-updated: CH47F pilot & CH47 D-892 color & details

-updated: Lynx camo texture details & pilatus cobra removed

-updated: f16 bumpmap (wheels & exhaust) & shiny specualmap fix

-updated: Fox Medical symbol changed to square

-updated: F35 specular map & F35 sonicboom added

-updated: aircraftvapour script

-updated: xml infosheet & some icons

-updated: moved MARKB50K_Apocalypse.pbo to mission folder (GUI fix)

> move it back to addons folder if you want to play this mission

ArmA2OA2014-10-3002-12-33-30_zps0b80c756.png

ArmA2OA2014-10-2820-48-42-02_zpsb255e7d5.png

ArmA2OA2014-10-1922-11-35-24_zps196f52fb.png

ArmA2OA2014-10-1823-35-45-42_zpsbe87d84e.png

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/22/21672/ArmA2OA_2014-10-25_21-05-52-06.png (2691 kB)

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

@kecharles28: Thanks SU Team

@SSG9: -Ow the M109 needs fixing? Ill have a look at it (might need some advice from Eggbeast for that one)

-SFIR is a RNLAF STABILISATION FORCE texture i found, might add IFIR later perhaps.

-patrol ops Tak is a great mission ill be looking forward to that, thanks!

-UKF rifles added to sniperbox for next patch

@Foxhound: Thanks again mate!

** Note:

No Fox, i am the only one working on this mod. Eggbeast has helped a great deal like a few others but in the end 92% was done by me alone. I also wish to keep managing this mod from my hand only.
I think something is wrong with the mission Spliff edited because ambient IEDs and patrols don't seem to work
Ive also seen problems with the unpacked missions and maybe they need to be reworked completely now that most work on the mod has been done. Hope you can get it fixed since mission making is time consuming and that is my biggest problem. It is also a great mission to play and the Dutch mod needs this to work!
Ailerons are backwards on the C130, and yeah, can't use Artillery computer with M109, at least not the desert one.
I never noticed that the ailerons are backwards ill have a look at that soon. Im not sure if the arti computer has worked before the upgrade of the eggbeast [Rangemaster] weapons but ill try to fix it ofcource.

Lots of new items for the next patch and some fixes too. Then i would like to try and make a nice User Interface and startup background demonstration. So lots of finetuning still needs to be done! Eggbeast will help make an EVO for DAF and SS9 is making a new patrol ops but beside that someone could try to make a version of Warare_BE edition or some other missions to add to the pack?

0.945 (14-12-2014)

-added: EVO Blue [COOP 22] for multiple islands (maybe)

-added: NLD Lifegard RHIB + Zodiac & crew (Reddingsbrigade)

-added: Pilot in overalls + new MQ9 Reaper texture

-added: M107 (Desert camo) & m107 ghilli snipers

-added: Tent (white), 2 custom ammoboxes & Notice Board (The Netherlands)

-added: fueltanks & barrel, Power Generator (Green)

-added: Containers medic + plain

-added: 40foot containers Army, P&O, Nedlloyd, Helder, KLM

-added: Railroad: PTT Wagon (post.nl) & Shell tanker

-added: Wolf GD240 textures (green, camo, desert)

-updated: all ammoboxes now vehicle crates + airdrop_crate added

-updated: C130 & PC3 Orion can now drop ammocrate

-updated: MQ9 Reaper in multiloadout by eggbeast

-updated: added missing L115 to sniperbox

-updated: AH64 smdi

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/22/21672/daf_objec2.1.png (3569 kB)

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/22/21672/daf_objects.png (3924 kB)

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/22/21672/ArmA2OA_2014-11-29_14-35-47-52.png (3697 kB)

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/22/21672/ArmA2OA_2014-11-29_13-42-33-47.png (2162 kB)

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/22/21672/ArmA2OA_2014-11-13_21-33-00-54.png (2370 kB)

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/22/21672/ArmA2OA_2014-11-26_10-15-02-09.png (2076 kB)

BTW:

Another idea i had was to make a modular portable hospital made out of MASH tents, containers and such. I’ve already been able to make a open tent with the use of the BIS sample models and O2. But making an entrance tent is only semi successful as I seem to have accidently removed the inside view making the door transparent from the inside. But working with a 3D editor like Oxigen2 is new to me and the program makes it hard to select single vertexes (I think that’s what they are called). I’ll keep trying but the last tent will be a bit tricky since this will be the cross section that has to be compiled of multiple tents fused together. Any help with this would be great!

ArmA2OA2014-11-3013-37-18-95_zps381d8751.png

ArmA2OA2014-11-3013-46-28-57_zpsbee7c71e.png

Edited by larsiano

wow what a monster! like the human centipede lars!

this is only the sheer beginning. Hopefully it will soon look like this. That why i hope it is possible to make the OPF DAF trucks work in Arma2 and make a crosssection tent:

luchtfoto-van-een-mogos-op-de-start-en-landingsbaan-van-voormalige-vliegbasis-soesterberg_zps3f6b4fe4.jpg

@Eggbeast: If the name of the picture is correct this is taken on the old US airforce base of Soesterberg.

@SS9: maybe the POW units are in an array of units that was not properly adjusted on all levels. not sure about the original dough, this should not have this problem. if you have anything to test just let me know as i didnt have time to have a look at mission files just yet. The RG31 ammo i will look at this might be a Rangemaster config i did wrong. And for the IED's maybe you need a mod, ACE or something, maybe the mission autoaddon or addon list will tell you whats needed?

Ive got the entrance tent working but there are some (preinit) errors in the .RPT. but the model is still unbinarized

Warnings in dutch_pack\mash_daf2.p3d:shadow(1000)

Strange convex component14 in dutch_pack\mash_daf2.p3d:geometry

Strange convex component19 in dutch_pack\mash_daf2.p3d:geometryFire

Strange convex component12 in dutch_pack\mash_daf2.p3d:geometryView

ArmA2OA2014-12-0213-47-59-67_zpsd4b5757a.png

I've also changed the color a bit and added a new floor. Im also still looking for a mini generator trailer unit as seen on the original MOGOS picture above.

Edited by larsiano

Im about to release the latest DAFmod on AH, SU & ModDB. Lots of objects this time and some new features. The modular hospital is not ready yet but you might find some parts of it onder empty\DAF objects, Enjoy!

ArmA2OA2014-12-0416-37-28-46_zps4e6942f9.png

0.945 (04-12-2014)

-added: NLD Lifegard RHIB + Zodiac & crew (Reddingsbrigade)

-added: Pilot in overalls + new MQ9 Reaper texture

-added: M107 (Desert camo) & M107 ghilli snipers

-added: Tent (white), 2 custom ammoboxes

-added: sign (NL, 21INFCOY), Notice Board (The Netherlands)

-added: fueltanks & barrel, toilet

-added: Containers medic + plain

-added: Power Generators & UAV Terminal (camo)

-added: 40foot containers Army, P&O, Nedlloyd, Helder, KLM

-added: Railroad: NS, PTT Wagon (post.nl) & Shell tanker

-added: Wolf GD240 textures (green, desert)

-updated: all ammoboxes now vehicle crates + airdrop_crate added

-updated: C130 & PC3 Orion can now drop ammocrate

-updated: SOCR cfg, MQ9 Reaper in multiloadout by eggbeast

-updated: added missing L115 to sniperbox

-updated: AH64 smdi

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

** Note:

-Thanks Foxhound

-Thanks Sonsant6: I see the GLT_F16 & misslebox are still both in the pack and a requirement wish is not correct i think? Since the GLT misslebox will be replaced (converted actually with permission) and i made some changes to the F16 the dependencies should be removed from SU. I will also try to remove the ACR (lite) requirement so the Dutch mod will be 100% stand alone besides the CBA_CO files? Thanks again!

-Next patch ill be working further on the modular MASH, the EVO mission (together with Eggbeast) and maybe some side functions. And who knows if all that is done maybe the mod is finally worth the v1.00 version! Suggestions? Please don’t hesitate!

0.950 (01-01-2015)

-added: EVO Blue [COOP 22] for multiple islands

-added: camp castor sign

ArmA2OA2014-12-0418-27-00-37_zps94e594d0.png

yes ASAP. Only ive fallen behind schedule about 6 months & have looked at making this pack as good as possible first. Also last year A3 was to unstable and complicated for me to start with that is much much better now. Maybe it will be merged with the ArmA3 CUP or it will be standalone like this one.

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/22/21672/Dutch_Armed_Forces_F-16A_J-061_322sqn.png (1055 kB)

Edited by larsiano

Hi Guys!

When it will be resolved the Pilatus PC-7 Turbo Trainer cockpit?