larsiano

Dutch Armed Forces

DAFmod v0.2 is finished and on its way to Armaholic & SU as we speak!

0.2 (08-11-2012)

-added: F16A/M 322sqn (J-873 & J-251) in CAS and AG loadout (J-251 (VXR's skin)

-added: Unit Groups for the Editor

-added: Map icon Dutch faction & Flags of Dutch Armies

-added: A320 AERCAP (commercial airliner) > removed the second A320KLMAF

-added: 6 new backpacks & Static Weapon Backpacks

-added: C9 (aimpoint & iron sights)

-added: Ten T810 Trucks (incl: Repair, refuel, ammo) desert and woodland camo (temp.)

-added: female & AMB Unit (OA Based unit as test)

-added: 2 Assistent ATGM soldiers

-added: Caterpillar D7H

-updated: C9 Elcan texture and weaponlist entry

-updated: Ammobox contents

-updated: F-16 Tiger team [FINAL] (-=XTRA=-Gooz)

-updated: F-16 (J-873) (VXR) decals and paintjob correction (Arthur Vince)

-updated: F-16 wreckage config problem

-updated: Vehicle tacticalsigns to 1/103 (was 5/403)

-updated: Tank class & CV-9035 config problems (thanks to markb50k)

-updated: Cheetah Sound

-renamed: daf_klm pbo > daf_units; vxr, tiger, diana & demoteam > daf_f16_paint;

m32_variant > daf_weapons; Smokewinder > daf_smokewinder (pbo move only, classnames unchanged!)

-removed: the second A320KLMAF (classname = A320CAP2)

hello I have downloaded your mod before and i got this error..

"Addon 'GLT_Falcon_A2_config' requires addon 'GLT_Falcon'...

I removed GLT_Falcon_A2config' and i get the error....

"Addon 'GLT_Falcon_OA_config' requires addon 'GLT_Falcon'...

so i deleated your mod..

I noticed that you recently updated.. so i downloaded it again with the hope that it would work this time...

I still get the same errors...

I would like to use this mod as the Pictures are amazing.. I would like to see them in action

DAF has a version of the GLT F16 that uses the mod name "GLT_f16" instead of "GLT_Falcon".

The easiest way to fix this is to either....

edit the config file in the GLT_F16 pbo to add the GLT_falcon mod name like this:

class CfgPatches {
class glt_f16 {
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	requiredAddons[] = {"CAWeapons", "CAAir", "GLT_Missilebox", "Extended_EventHandlers"};
};
class GLT_FALCON {
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	requiredAddons[] = {"CAWeapons", "CAAir", "GLT_Missilebox", "Extended_EventHandlers"};
};
};

OR, edit your _a2_config and _oa_config PBOs and go into the config files and EDIT the "requiredAddons" line by replacing "GLT_Falcon" with "GLT_F16"

Larsiano said he didnt edit the GLT F16 pbo, so he may have an updated version from GLT Myke. I'm not sure, but the above is how you can fix your issue

Darn, i thought i fixed this one. When i noticed the older RNLAF reskin complaining about the missing glt_falcon i changed these mismatches to the new classname glt_f16 hoping to be rid of this error once and for all. I haven't seen this bug sin's the last patch and also couldn't replicate this error with the download version of Sixupdater. If Mark also reports the error is still present i just have to dig deeper or use the above mentioned fix. But on the other hand the first question for me would be what version you use and what other addons you run at the same time?

Edited by larsiano

you might also want to set the scope of the AMB guys to 1, the original ones crash my game to desktop, and the new daf_amb_1 is ALL RED. The only guy that works is the test guy you put in the dutch pack

Have been using the DAF in a small mission on ‘Sbrodjistan’, really great looking troops and equipment. Thanks for sharing a great mod/addon..:)

DAF has a version of the GLT F16 that uses the mod name "GLT_f16" instead of "GLT_Falcon".

The easiest way to fix this is to either....

edit the config file in the GLT_F16 pbo to add the GLT_falcon mod name like this:

class CfgPatches {
class glt_f16 {
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
};
class GLT_FALCON {
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
};
};

OR, edit your _a2_config and _oa_config PBOs and go into the config files and EDIT the "requiredAddons" line by replacing "GLT_Falcon" with "GLT_F16"

Larsiano said he didnt edit the GLT F16 pbo, so he may have an updated version from GLT Myke. I'm not sure, but the above is how you can fix your issue

I worked with the first option.. I de-pbo'd the GLT_f16 file in the @DAF/Addons folder, and added that exactly...

class GLT_FALCON {

units[] = {};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 0.1;

};

That solved the error message issue and I can play and use all units..

This mod is great thanks for all your hard work!!!!

F-16 bug fixed by adding both classnames (hope this takes care of it onces and for all!)

The mod is well under way and the results are beyond expectation. Lots of people have donated there hard work to this cause and we owe them our gratitude. But the road is hard and long and the end is nowhere in sight. Nevertheless our small team will try to bring you an update from time to time if available. Any advice or tips are very appreciated!

People we are looking for:

3D modelers

Code scripters

Configuration writers

Texture artists

Map creators

Mission creators

Voice actors

Testers

Movie makers

Media experts

What vehicles we still need:

KDC-10, Allouette III, Fokker-50, Dornier 228-212

Scania trucks, Volvo FM7 40kN, MAN truck

Patriot system, Viking, Leopard Engineer Tank, Liebherr crane

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/larsiano/Dutch%20Forces%20Mod/arma2oa2012-11-2920-09-13-24.jpg

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/larsiano/Dutch%20Forces%20Mod/arma2oa2012-11-1701-01-41-30.jpg < nice pic of the week ;)

Edited by larsiano

hello again, your recent update of @DAF irridacted my update and know i get the REQUIRED ADDON message again... about the "GLT_FALCON.... really bumming me out ...

darn! my changes got lost along the way. here is a fixed file... for good i hope!

try this! https://dl.dropbox.com/u/103857210/addons%200.251.rar (3rd time is a charm!), just let me know if it works!

new files send to armaholic and SU:

0.251 (16-12-12)

-added: RG31 Nyala, Westland Lynx

-added: Towtrucks, dirtbikes, ATVs & boats

-added: F16 tigermeet pilot + 4 others & Hazmat units (hazmat =beta!)

-added: tank crewman, desert crewman, desert engineer & ground crew

-added: L115A3 pack, FN mag58, C8 AG Elcan & C8 Aimpoint (normal and desert camo version)

-added: custom loading texts

-updated: F16 Demoteam to shiny version without bomb holders

-updated: loading screens, mod icon & RNLAF flag

-updated: Leopard muzzleflash & targeting

-updated: NH90 sound, texture & shadows

-updated: Patria texture + Patria & CV90 nohq's

-updated: fuch rename > The FOX & tactical sign change to NBC

-updated: glt_f16 + glt_falcon now both in cfgpatch

-updated: Pilot texture problem & backpack function, added Engineer patches

-updated: Slatts goggles pack v2.0

-updated: Raven parts, flags & static weapons now have specific group in editor

-updated: static have dutch units as crew

-updated: name correction: CAS > CAP (F16 classname is now the same as the .xml) <<Important for missions>>

-removed: addon: daf_cougar_c (merged with daf_cougar) <<Important for missions>>

-removed: addon: daf_static (merged with daf_ammobox) <<Important for missions>>

-removed: class: A2020_M249 , A2020_m249p , A2020_m249pelcan (replaced by C9 minime's)

-some other small fixes probably...

Edited by larsiano

I found a bug!

I allready posted this on the Tangodown forum, but here seems to be a good place too.

We (TangoDown) updated the server last night with the new DAF.

Me, being damn enthusiastic started updating our Patrol Ops only to find out the units don't work anymore!

all the a2020 units are bugged, they're missing p3d files I guess.

here's a picture:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4379522/TDNL/arma2oa%202012-12-16%2015-22-32-256.png (2577 kB)

I tested it on a empty map, got the same error.

Then I disabled DAF, and the error was gone, so it has to be in the units.

After a quick test we found out that is was only the a2020 units. When a other unit was selected (like Men > desert rifleman (hk416) ) or some sort, they would work fine.

Hope this can be fixed soon, cuz it really breaks the game :(

new update! Should be available on the regular download channels later this day!

0.30 (11-01-2013)

-added: P90 by RobertHammer in 8 variants

-added: C130H (by CRASHNZ) in 7 versions > daf_c130h

-added: INKO Disposable (by Inkompetent v1.3)

-added: two ammoboxes & two backpacks (DDAM mod items) & 334sqn flag

-updated: Raven UAV to v1.6 & Hazmat units to v1.0

-updated: F16 demo: smoke replaced with 'the smokewinder script'by -=XTRA=-Tox1m, added navi lights

-updated: daf_f16_paint config missing ";",

-updated: Boxer License plate number & Fox desert skin

-updated: Towtruck sound config, KLM captain speaker appointed

-updated: daf_scrips configsound typo's & Leopard now has NV

-updated: updating base class randomness :x in lots of configs

-updated: Boat Rescue_Para now hidden in editor (double entry)

-removed: amb vilas test baret unit

-removed: daf_c130 pbo & C130J_US_EP1 classname

-removed: DAF_Phanzerfaust incl. DAF_PzF_3 & DAF_PzF_3T ammo (use Vilas version)

-removed: some obsolete files here and there

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/larsiano/Dutch%20Forces%20Mod/PSEarma2oa2012-12-2502-18-44-29-1.jpg

why delete the PZF_3 & WPZ_3T ammo? those are used with the Pzf itself, as far as i know the Phanzerfaust that you deleted could use that ammo and the HEAT rounds. And the Pzf only uses Pzf_3 ammo.

Two versions is a little to much. The Vilas version is configured much better, its also a bit stronger and inherits from the MAAWS in stead of the M136. Also the Vilas version has 3 (maybe soon 4) ammo types: [TABLE=width: 144]

[TR]

[TD=class: xl63, width: 144]VIL_PZF3_S_HEAT

VIL_PZF3_T_HEAT

VIL_PZF3_B_HEDP[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

ehm if you mean SIXupdater, yes but some problems with my dropbox file are delaying the deployment :)

The mission ACE MSO DAF 4.5 is not working. It says you cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.acex_c_cweapon,RNLAFC130, daf_cougar_c

--

maybe it's me because I havent got ACEX somehow.. I will try this again

Edited by RudyFaasse

Darn, All the missions could use an upgrade, this task is always the last on my schedule & as you might know we just lost the TDNL mission editor :) so it could take a while to get everything done. I'll try to fix it and re-release the mission.

hey guys, great mod but only a couple questions.

-can you please add handguns to the infantry units,

-will there ever be a 50mm bushmaster version for the cv90

-will there be a version with a machine gun mounted upon the turret (like many other IFV/APC/tanks

-can the c7/8 rifles (new units) be modifield so you can look over the scope aswell (no sight needed) (currently it sucks at cqb)

thanks

I can configure the units to have handguns, ill try to take care of this before the next release. The other 3 i'll have to do some research on, i'll keep you posted!

thanks for the quick response, working on a showcase with the mod btw, it includes a popuptarget course in the forest among others, figured out many of the objects i need and many of the scripts time to start building soon :)

-will there ever be a 50mm bushmaster version for the cv90

I believe the development of 50mm Supershot for the Bushmaster III is pretty much dead.

I asked one of the team from Lockheed Martin about it when they were putting forward Bushmaster for our new Warrior turret, and they reckoned development of the round was ceased unless the UK or another country stepped forward to fund its development (40mm CTWS was chosen to arm the turret instead).

IIRC Germany was previously the most interested in developing the round for the Rh 503 canon, but they cancelled the gun leaving 50mm development without much funding. I don't know that NL or DK are interested enough to fund the project themselves.