larsiano

Dutch Armed Forces

ok cool, recommend for changes like that, you could do a new config on top of their config, so you dont have to change the underlying pbo. Changed PBOs with the same name as the original can play havoc with people's versions..

I added the full DAF mod into my Apocalypse mission, will release within the next day or so... Thanks!

Oh, one other thing, Boxer has some issues when you get in the driver and other positions. Seems you aren't inside the vehicle, but actually under it from your 1st person view. Still useable but wanted to let you know.

Thanks! That real nice...this will be our first official mission! I hope i can include it in the DAF package for others to enjoy! About the PBO's ill see what i can do. It was my intention to leave as much PBO's alone as possible. The F-16 Falcon Demoteam Smokewinder script will be moved to the smokewinder.pbo ASAP this is only a test to see if we got the script to turn on and off by useraction. I'm also hoping to make a smoketrail for the Pilatus PC-9 turbo later on and maybe release it as standalone for smoketrail lovers around the world!

Marma2oa2012-09-2023-02-20-39_zps6b872bbf.jpg

Marma2oa2012-09-1719-29-55-PS83_zpsa401759a.jpg

Marma2oa202012-09-192003-56-09-22_zpse2014aaf.jpg

looking nice... regarding the cv90 are you gonna redo the barrel/muzzle/programmer on it or is it gonna be as it is there? and the tracks?:)... kind regards

dk

I need to talk to Vilas about that, he donated this to our humble cause and i'm not sure what his future plans on this project are. I've already send hime an email! What might be helpfull is a (small) list of problems and things that need to be looked at to make things easier for the developers. At this moment we have someone looking at the Cheetah firing modes maybe he can have a go at this one later on but it all depends on Vilas wishes!

i noticed the Airbus aircraft have weapon pylons on them. Is that intentional?

Also, perhaps, If there is a military paint-scheme version in RL, maybe you could give us that one instead of the airliners. Not sure on the purpose of the KLM paint job.

This was originally a Marine plane thats why it has pylons I have no idea if they can be removed sind we don’t use this Army version here. But sinds it’s the only Airbus / Boeing in Arma this will have to do. The Netherlands does not even have a A319/A320 but only the A330 i plan to remove the A320 completely leaving only the A319 in there i think. It’s just for emersion purposes, a Pilot and Stewardess almost finished to go along with it :)

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/larsiano/Dutch%20Forces%20Mod/arma2oa2012-09-2420-21-57-98_zps0db4a382.jpg

Somthing wrong is with grenadier guns ,optics in gun don`t work . But you have check this :)

If you find out what the problem is just say so. So far i have tested the new (Vilas) units C7 & C8 grenade launcher and it works perfectly. But there are 2 different kinds of Dimaco's in the game beside the new Vilas version there is the older A2020 version too and not all units have weapons of the same pack.

Getting ready for a big update adding more stuff and fixing some issues:

Releasdeate: soon

-added: Dimaco C9 Minime Elcan & Aimpoint

-added: M32 black & Camo

-added: Slatts ESS Goggles Pack

-added: lots of stuff to the ammo crate

-added: KLM Pilot & Stewardess

-added: RNLAF Fighter pilot

-added: Engineer based on Vilas units: VIL_Dutchman_eng

-added: list of generic Dutch women names called: A2020_dutch_women

-changed: genericnames of "Dutch Pack" & pilots units to A2020's Dutch names list

-changed: Dutch Pack Units baseclass from CDF to US troop

-changed: C7 & C8 fullauto to burst mode

-changed: icons Tucano

-updated: Fighter pilot helmets

-updated: glt misslebox latest version

-updated: some vehicle classes and names

-updated: Some unit weapon layouts (AIAW for snipers)

-updated credits: forgot to mention Dimitri_Harkov and some others

-updated: PHZ3 & HK416 hand animations

-removed: "DAF_Crew_Wdl_ACR","DAF_Soldier_Crew_EP1","DAF_Soldier_Crew_Light_EP1"

http://www.battlegroup-xtra.eu/media/kunena/attachments/529/arma2oa2012-09-2821-31-32-62.jpg

The delay is the Patria that im converting now (still some errors). I'll also add a retexture of the CV-9035 and a desert camo Dimaco....stay tuned!

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/larsiano/Dutch%20Forces%20Mod/arma2oa2012-09-2903-35-42-95.jpg

If anyone has made any mission with the DAF-A2-mod-pack please share it with the world. I would love to try them and add custom mission to the pack...it will make you famous!

Again: If you would like to help retexture, model, script, make movies or promote, inform (help) in any way? Please! i could really use some help with this massive project!

Your full DAF mod is supported in my Apocalypse mission. You should try it out and it will be a great way of testing your mod out for how they perform in-game in battle.

Also, i can help with scripting and config-work if you need any. just PM me.

PS. The pics look great. What vehicle is that in the first one?

Thanks a lot ill test it and provide some feedback asap! Is there any way your mission could be used for Multiplayer games? I could really use some help with the scripting part because there is just to much to do and im not the fastest around :) The first picture is of the CV-9035 (Vilas) reskin by Pimmie

Edited by larsiano

Thanks a lot ill test it and provide some feedback asap! Is there any way your mission could be used for Multiplayer games? I could realy use some help with the scripting part because there is just to much to do and im not the fastest around :)

The mission is SP only. I have been kicking around the idea to do a COOP version but there is so much scripting in the mission, i'm a bit scared of doing it.

as for scripting help, PM me and let me know what you need. I can usually put something together if i have some guidelines and best yet, some similar code to work off of.

I dont see the DAF mod in the 'Special Configs for Supported Mods' folder of the latest version available: Apocalypse_42.zip. Ill PM you ASAP with some scripting questions thanks in advance!

I dont see the DAF mod in the 'Special Configs for Supported Mods' folder of the latest version available: Apocalypse_42.zip. Ill PM you ASAP with some scripting questions thanks in advance!

You are correct. Currently there is no need for any 'special config' to play Apocalypse with DAF units. Just start up the mission and you will see "NETHERLANDS" factions available for you to pick.

Cool thanks for the support.... i'll tell the world about it :)

New version now available true SiX and Armaholic!

news_donwload_oa_41.png

Changelog:

0.112 (10-10-2012)

-added: [WIP] RNLAF F-16 Falcon Demoteam 50anniversery edit. J-222 (by -=XTRA=-Gooz)

-added: Patria in desert and woodland skin

-added: Slatts ESS Goggles Pack, Dimaco C9 Minime Elcan + Aimpoint

-added: C8 desert camo, M32 black & desert camo, lots of stuff to the ammo crate

-added: RNLAF Fighter pilot, Engineer, KLM Pilot & Stewardess

-updated: Cheetah Guns and added antitank rounds (by -=XTRA=-Gooz)

-updated: CV9035 & YPR Skin (by -=XTRA=-Pimmie)

-updated: genericnames for units updated, list of generic Dutch women names & baseclass units

-updated: C7 & C8 firemode fullauto to burst mode & display icons

-updated: NL unit flag, Fighter pilot helmets & some unit weapon layouts (AIAW)

-updated: Phz3 & HK-416 hand animations, some vehicle classes, modfolder and names, icons etc.

-updated: misslebox to latest version

-updated: credits

-removed: "DAF_Crew_Wdl_ACR","DAF_Soldier_Crew_EP1","DAF_Soldier_Crew_Light_EP1"

Bugs detected:

A319 destruct is wrong, some problems with the inside positions & need to remove the A320 maybe too :)

AIAW sniper has wrong ammo (oeps)

F16 J222 is doubled (use the RNLAF faction listed for best results)

Fuchs has to be removed all exepct 1

C8 camo muzzleflash constant on (sorry)

some textures look bad on the YPR & CV9035 kinda messed up with the _nohq & _smdi

pilot skins far from perfect

Raven can use some touchup paint

lots of textures not finished

Phz3 no ammo visibile while loaded in MP

shoot.....

Edited by larsiano

Larsiano & team, great work compiling all these add-ons and adding quality touches to them. Looking good!

To help people to create interesting* single player battles involving the Dutch armed forces, I've added support for the DAF add-on to my PlannedAssault web-based mission generator. I've defined ploegen, charlie-teams, PRTL sections, scripted camo'd faces and camo net placement. PlannedAssault already assists you in getting AI manned mortar teams, para drops or heli insertions, close-air support, large formations attacks in your mission for many other add-ons.

_a2_dutch_infantry_w_cv9035nl.jpg _a2_dutch_f16_am_in_demo_livery.jpg _a2_dutch_patria_patrol.jpg

I've ran into one bug and one minor issue issue while testing these generated missions:

- the Hercules hides its cargo when seen from the outside, and when being a passenger (prior to a paradrop) the cargo door is always closed despite it being open (animated) from the outside

- I really appreciate the texture detail on the CV9035NL, now showing the reflectors. However my understanding that these are masked with duct tape in exercises / combat conditions for obvious reasons. See for example this photo.

Regards, William

Thanks for the compliment! And thanks for the mission support! Hope to enhance the mod a lot further in the future! Maybe we can add a useraction to camoflage all the plates but this will have to come later sinds im in need of some O2 knowledge for this :)

I assume your project can be downloaded true your topic?:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?97879-PlannedAssault-web-based-mission-builder

Thanks for the compliment!

New Patch now available!:

0.113 (23-10-2012)

-added: F-16A Falcon 323sqn "Dirty Diana" 2001 & 2008/09 (J-881) (Arthur Vince)

-added: daf_specialforces (Air Manoeuvre Brigade (Red Barets)) thx to Vince <Warning: High Error count>

-added: retexture of crewchief and helicopter pilot (thx to Tuttie[TDLu])

-added: A2020 model based desert and temperate officer

-added: Matt Brewer's F-16 Sound replacement

-added: AS-532U2 Cougar MK II

-added: CV9035 turn-out function (thx to GranQ)

-added: Dutch Carriages

-updated: F-16 Tigermeet J-222 by -=XTRA=-Gooz!

-updated: Cheetah weaponclass & glt_flacon > glt_f16 config name change (issues)

-updated: Leopard & Cheetah texture (thx to Pilgrim[TDLu])

-updated: Leopard & Fuchs ACE support functions

-updated: AH64 Flares & gunner Termal-Imaging fixed

-updated: Fuchs Interior text replaced. medic fuchs > NLD special service fuchs (Nato & desert camo) all other fuchs removed

-updated: some configs classes & units inside vehicles

-removed: second F16 Tigersquad: new classname: xtra_tiger_f16nld

news_donwload_oa_41.png

dropbox-banner-300_zps7986add9.jpg

New: F-16A Dirty Diana:

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/larsiano/Dutch%20Forces%20Mod/PS175153_4251656862395_251802633_o.jpg

Updated: F-16A Tigermeet:

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/larsiano/Dutch%20Forces%20Mod/PSarma2oa2012-10-1721-14-11-17.jpg

New: Cougar:

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/larsiano/Dutch%20Forces%20Mod/arma2oa2012-10-1405-21-34-95-1.jpg

Updated: Fuchs:

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/larsiano/Dutch%20Forces%20Mod/arma2oa2012-10-1720-15-36-95-1.jpg

New: NS Carriages (Dutch Railroad):

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/larsiano/Dutch%20Forces%20Mod/arma2oa2012-10-2201-58-19-90.jpg

Fixes for next release: 0.114

fixed: tank class problem again (thanks to mark)

fixed: some CV90 problems (thanks to mark)

ToDo:

- More retextures of vehicles,

- Editor groups creation,

- Reducing the ammobox content to only have Dutch issue weapons.

- Recreating the AMB units

Edited by larsiano

Hi,

any chance you can add an Assistant MRAT (Spike ATGM) gunner carrying the "spare rocket" vil_pl_spike_Backpack backpack (from Vilas)?

Wrt the camo'd faces for the LMB (AMB) forces, which are now all identical: One alternative is to randomly pick from the Arma2 faces with green/dark camo, as listed here. The script below just does that, and would add more variety (included darker skin variants) and better reflect the dutch forces.

comment "Customize face of each unit in the group according a profile";
comment "Invoke as: nul = [group this] execVM 'planned_assault\kit\apply_group_face_camo.sqf';";
comment "William van der Sterren, (c) 2011, www.plannedassault.com";

private ["_group"];
_group     = _this select 0;

private ["_max_face_count", "_face_fmt"];
_max_face_count = 87;
_face_fmt       = "Face%1_camo%2";
{
private ["_face_ix", "_camo_ix", "_match"];
comment "Select a random camo pattern";
_camo_ix = floor(random 4) + 2;

comment "Select a random face";
_face_ix = 1 + floor(random _max_face_count);

private ["_face_nr"];
if ( _face_ix < 10 ) then { _face_nr = format["0%1", _face_ix]; } else { _face_nr = format["%1", _face_ix]; };

_face = format[_face_fmt, _face_nr, _camo_ix];
_x setface _face;
} forEach (units _group);

true

Regards,

William

Agree with all the positive comments. It’s a really great mod, have been using it a little over the past few days, will be using it a lot more in the future.

Thanks for sharing it...:)

Thanks for the compliments! And also for the useful hints. I hope the mod may grow a lot in the future and we can enhance it a lot further :)

Ill ask Vilas for the backpack this does not sound like a problem to realize. I had some plans to work on the camo faces and your script can really help me out with that, ill try to implement it if i can work out how to exactly (in config.cpp im thinking?).

What does that mean?

Here is some pics of changes to come:

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/larsiano/Dutch%20Forces%20Mod/arma2oa2012-10-3000-20-20-95.jpg

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/larsiano/Dutch%20Forces%20Mod/arma2oa2012-10-3006-00-52-44.jpg

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/larsiano/Dutch%20Forces%20Mod/arma2oa2012-10-2617-29-39-41.jpg

Changelog for v0.114:

-added: F16A/M 322sqn (J-873 & J-251) in CAS and AG loadout (J-251 (VXR's skin)

-added: Unit Groups for the Editor

-added: Flags of Dutch Armies (available in editor: objects\flags)

-added: Map icon Dutch faction (available in editor: markers)

-added: A320 AERCAP (commercial airliner) > removed the second A320KLMAF

-added: 5 new backpacks & Statis Weapon Backpacks

-added: C9 (aimpoint & iron sights)

-updated: AMB test Units (OA Base unit)

-updated: C9 Elcan texture and weaponlist entry

-updated: Ammobox contents

-updated: F-16 Tiger tail (-=XTRA=-Gooz) & wreckage config problem

-updated: F-16 (J-873) (VXR) some decals and paint corrections (Arthur Vince)

-updated: Vehicle tacticalsigns to 1/103 (was 5/403)

-updated: Tank class problem again (thanks to markb50k)

-updated: CV-9035 config problems (thanks to markb50k)

-updated: Cheetah Sound

-renamed: daf_klm pbo > daf_units, vxr, tiger, diana & demoteam to: daf_f16_paint, m32_variant > daf_weapons