Sign in to follow this  
Greenberet40

Esbekistan Map v.1.0 20x20

i got a question. when i start the game it says: afghan_village requires CAPlants.. I DL'ed all the required addons and i don't know whats missing right now..any idea ?!

Are you running both Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead?

ah nevermind..i DL'ed some stuff, but right now i only took version 1.0 + 1.3 update and it seems like the error is gone..i dl'ed the files manually from armaholic, and the requirements too..seems to be fine now..

So GreenBeret could you release an update for the map in which you make the southern air base a little more like Bagram or Kandahar?

So GreenBeret could you release an update for the map in which you make the southern air base a little more like Bagram or Kandahar?

No one is stopping you from working on it..

So GreenBeret if you aren't going to expand the airfield in the south could I get permission from you to edit the map? It wouldn't be released I would be the only one who uses it. Pleaseeeeeeeee

Hello Sir

Now im working on Naryn map its imposible for me now :( maybe in a future i make a map update but not now... sorry. For your missions with the Arma editor you can put all the objects that you want on the map but its not posible to change "the base" of the map its reserve only for map creator and you need permission to make this and needs specific files to change the map and need other programs and files (visitor3, heighfield xyz file ect ect).

sorry :(

pacqd.jpg

Ok well I appreciate the answer and once your done let me know Naryn, if your still interested in the larger airfield idea I will help in any way possible

GreenBeret,

I understand that you've moved on to another map, but if you come back to Esbekistan for an update, I've noticed that the AI can't get over rock walls. At least, they can't get over them to the south of Arobster. Both on the hill and to the village to the southeast cause problems for them. I haven't seen if the issue is elsewhere yet.

Still, great map, and thanks again.

Dude....this map is amazing, big, yet detailed, nearly every structure i've seen is enterable (<-- that's a really nice one), and AMAZING performance. I can run this at 10k view distance with 25+ frames! Try that with Clafghan haha! Only one thing i've seen, it seems as tho these esbekistani's have access to nuclear power? Lol, these nuclear reactor lookings things are spread through out the map, mostly in small villages and such, apparently attempting to blend in with the surrounding trees and shruberey. Here are some examples:

arma2oa2012112917101320.th.png

The picture of the 4 cooling towers is at grid reference 014 070, on the northeast side of "Zeko Valley", the next two are at 055 158, on the southwest side of "Afshar."

I have no idea how map making works but honestly, in the few little single player missions i've played to test out the map and mess around, i've found that the quality of the map far outweighs the negligible amount of "anti-immersion-iness" caused by taking cover next to one of those big things and then thinking "should i be wearing a dosimeter now?"

Well anyway i hope this helps and please keep doing what your doing as far as quality goes because i do enjoy playing on maps of this quality very much and as far as performance goes because i absolutely love being able to play at 10k with my measly setup!

Thanks, Mike

Hello Sir

¿?

arma2oa2012113007231670.jpg

well this object its a Tower for 0pteryx addons /opxmisc/loam/tower.p3d

I dont know why the Arma system change the model for other you need load for example Avgani Iraq & Afghan Villageby Opteryx addon ;)

pacqd.jpg

Edited by GreenBeret40

Hello GreenBeret40...

Is it possible to have some updates about Naryn map?

Are you going to make any FOBs for that map? Airports? How many cities?

Hello GreenBeret40...

Is it possible to have some updates about Naryn map?

Are you going to make any FOBs for that map? Airports? How many cities?

Hello Sir

Yes in a few time a make a wip report and see the updates

pacqd.jpg

I noticed the latest version the new valleys added don't have location assigned to them. Any chance we can see them in the next release?

edit: found them under RockArea.

Edited by CptDavo

I have been having a lot of fun playing on your Esbekistan. Could i trouble you for a list of house Class Names that you used on this map?

Hi GreenBeret40!

I'm a bit confused about the requirements.

In the first page you said that the only requirements is A2:CO, but in the armaholic page are more:

- Razani N. Waziristan -> With this i got an error on start up: required CA_Plants

- Avgani Iraq & Afghan Village (only need opxbuildings.pbo, opxmisc.pbo, opxplants.pbo, opxroads.pbo)

- mikebart's Rock's

- Clafghan (only need mb_bushes_lite.pbo, mb_clutter_lite.pbo, mb_trees_lite.pbo)

- Arma 2

If I recall correct the author at first included all required addons but after he updated his work he no longer included them. Thats the reason why you see the required addons listed on Armaholic seperatly.

(first post was last updated 1 day after first release so I guess he never changed that text ;) )

Ok thank you Foxhound :)

What about Razani? It gives me an error and if i remove it i can play the map as well

Edited by Giallustio

Sorry, I do not know the answer to that. Maybe the author has removed that dependance already but it is not in the changelog. Maybe someone else knows :)

Requirements are: @opx_objects, @mb_objects, @razmisc