Sign in to follow this  
ionpballer05

thisList not detecting BLUFOR in Vehicles

I have small trigger to detect BLUFOR in a 10m area around some placed IEDs. The trigger though only works when the units are on the ground. When they pass through in a vehicle, it doesn't detonate. Heres what im using

(west countSide thisList) > 1

Any idea on what i could add to fix this?

Stop checking for BLUFOR than, IED don't. :) See this post for more ideas.

The person with the detonator isn't usually stupid.

The person with the detonator isn't usually stupid.

Did you even look at the link I posted? Because if you had you'd seen that the OP had the exact same problem ion is having and the post I linked directly to had the answer he needed...

Edited by kylania

I think kylania may have read the OP incorrect.

OP is not having a problem with aircraft flying over the trigger area setting the trigger off, as the linked thread OP was having.

I understand foot soldiers set the IED off, but soldiers traveling in the same trigger area in vehicles do not set it off?

What type of vehicle is traveling through the area?

Check this post for a simple trigger which detects Bluefor in the trigger area:

Simple IED trigger

You're aware that

> 1 

means that they have to be two or more inside the trigger?

I'm fairly certainly I'm one of only a few in this thread that can read. :)

Ion said VEHICLES aren't setting off his BLUFOR trigger. Spooner's example, which I linked, had this:

(alive IED1) AND isServer AND (({ (((getPos _x) select 2) < 0.1) AND (_x isKindOf "LandVehicle") } count thisList) > 0)

Trigger condition code to get "BLUFOR" VEHICLE to set off a TRIGGER.

I even tested it before posting it. Using ion's code it didn't work. Using Spooner's it did.

didn't mean to ruffle your feathers kylania, as I DO KNOW you know what you are talking about...

Just thought maybe you misread, as sometimes we humans do...:D wait, you are human correct?

And good catch cuel, as he probably had a group of foot soldiers pass through, and only 1 vehicle.

Edited by panther42

Just a guess. Maybe it's script command "countSide" that fails to get side from a vehicle (and only works for units).

Try a trigger with condition "bluefor present" (or "anybody present" for that matter) and the following code in the condition field:

{ side _x == west } count thisList > 0;

I agree with cuel. "> 1" seems wrong because the trigger will not fire unless two or more units are present.

I think you may be overcomplicating this.

A. If you want to detonate whenever any BLUFOR gets too close then a simple condition of BLUFOR PRESENT (with 'this' in condition field) will be fine.

B. If you only want to detonate whenever a BLUFOR vehicle gets too close then a simple condition of BLUFOR PRESENT with the condition field as:

{_x isKindOf "LandVehicle"} count thisList > 0

meaning if any unit inside the triggers is a vehicle then explode.

C. If it does not have to be a BLUFOR vehicle then set the side to ANYBODY.