Sign in to follow this  
Rytuklis

How ArmA III should really look like

Just reinforced why I use floating zone -'pull the world spinning to oneself while turning' is a nauseating affair. Great video!

I'd rather have ArmAIII look like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/88/USMC_Barrett_M82A3.jpg/800px-USMC_Barrett_M82A3.jpg

Though the vid is pretty close.

I wouldn't, what person, let alone soldier, shoots a gun, any gun, with his left hand?

Kidding! Kidding! I myself am a lefty (except when it comes to the shooting), I have nothing against lefty shooters!

In reality I would much like that level of animations (and graphics) though I'm skeptic we'd get it before 2112.

Not really, the hands never followed the steering wheel (one of the new features in arma3) and then there is no free floating zone in the video ;)

I think they chose to do that instead of having the wheel turn under still hands. Doing that would, of course, be impossible.

Just saw this, awesome stuff haha.

I think they chose to do that instead of having the wheel turn under still hands. Doing that would, of course, be impossible.

Well you could do it with some thin nylon strings or simply some other camera perspective so that you can´t see some hidden at the drivers feet moving it...

I felt so embarrassed because I know that get into vehicle animation all to well.

The only thing the video was missing was the old dance animation.

But Arma III should look like anything that has a giant robot bunny with slushie guns. Still wanting that.

being teleported in a vehicle in year 2012, is really something unique, and something that other AAA titles game devs, should look at ;)

Milsim is not milsim without teleporting in vehicles, everyone knows that:

Hehe, i really laughed my a$$ of^^.

Does OFP work on Win7 x64?

Man I had a good time playing the demo for almost 4 to 6 months before I got in a store in austria :). I knew every sentence in the "Ambush" mission for years because of playing it again and again and again and again and again.

Then I tried SP demo missions like the D-Day and some others. Was the best summer in my life :).

Hey by the way because of nostalgia, why were I able to turn infantry lights on in the demo, but not in the full version? (I got the game some months after release because we had no store which sold it. I think I came with 1.20 and 1.30 by a PC Games cd (jeah that time it was usually to buy a PC Magazine to get patches and demos^^)?

Or are my memories wrong?

what so ever, b²t - great video :)! *thumbs up*

Hehe, i really laughed my a$$ of^^.

Man I had a good time playing the demo for almost 4 to 6 months before I got in a store in austria :). I knew every sentence in the "Ambush" mission for years because of playing it again and again and again and again and again.

Then I tried SP demo missions like the D-Day and some others. Was the best summer in my life :).

Hey by the way because of nostalgia, why were I able to turn infantry lights on in the demo, but not in the full version? (I got the game some months after release because we had no store which sold it. I think I came with 1.20 and 1.30 by a PC Games cd (jeah that time it was usually to buy a PC Magazine to get patches and demos^^)?

Or are my memories wrong?

what so ever, b²t - great video :)! *thumbs up*

Yes, it's working on my Win7x64 comp.

The only thing the video was missing was the old dance animation..

And the half fisted salute.

That video was pure gold, had a bit of a skip but recognized it as soon as I saw the guy jogging and waving his gun into the air, thanks for that.

Edited by NodUnit

I'd imagine so yea, I'd imagine all you gotta do is enable compatibility mode for win xp or something :)

---[Edit]---

oops didn't see the next page of posts, massive ninja'd..

Fantastic film! Really brings back the memories...you got the animations perfect!

MOAR LIKE THIS!

I think I'll just ditch making animations and go filming in the woods instead...

BIS could make a response by recreating the vid in the Arma 3 engine :p

Mother of god. You should get a free copy of ArmA 3 for that. This vid is made of awesomeness... Nostalgia'd hard.

BIS could make a response by recreating the vid in the Arma 3 engine :p
... I would actually be interested in seeing this.