Sign in to follow this  
MIG-29

Interesting idea for a addon

Wouldn't it be great to have a B-17 flying fortress, think about it; it would bring a amazing new feel to carpet bombing and air battles, you have to admit it would be cool to have rotating gun turrets that you could fire and old school bombs to level towns, If there are any addon makers that are interested in a challenge, I believe this would make a amazing freaking addon biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MIG-29 @ June 26 2002,23:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wouldn't it be great to have a B-17 flying fortress, think about it; it would bring a amazing new feel to carpet bombing and air battles, you have to admit it would be cool to have rotating gun turrets that you could fire and old school bombs to level towns, If there are any addon makers that are interested in a challenge, I believe this would make a amazing freaking addon biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

OFPEC have a fine forum, one of which is concerned with pre-1985 models, I suggest you go there and have a look smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MIG-29 @ June 26 2002,23:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wouldn't it be great to have a B-17 flying fortress, think about it; it would bring a amazing new feel to carpet bombing and air battles, you have to admit it would be cool to have rotating gun turrets that you could fire and old school bombs to level towns, If there are any addon makers that are interested in a challenge, I believe this would make a amazing freaking addon biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes and no...yes it would be cool, but if I remember correctly after a few hundred feet in OFP you go into the clouds and you can't see a damn thing. So I don't think the gun turrets would help too much there. sad.gif Maybe those bombers used in Dolittle's low level raid on Japan might be doable in OFP, but not high level carpet bombing unless it was the AI doing the bombing...but you'd never see the bombers. sad.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

its also impossible as ofp units can't have more than one rotating part and im not sure if a units can have any sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peeps @ June 27 2002,13:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">its also impossible as ofp units can't have more than one rotating part and im not sure if a units can have any  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Sure about this, with the comming Ka-50 Hokum? Of course, that's in Oprah...

hi

i have heard from an modeller that u can put more then one gunning positions on an model....

He said that you could make an few models and put them together with the config.cpp tounge.gif

FW

B-17confused.gif carpet bombing... Give a B-52 instead or the Lancer

B-52:

B-52.jpg

B-1B

08%20B-52H%2060-0050%20412TW%20B-1B%2085-0068%20Edwards%20AFB%2019991009%20l.jpg

The last one is with a B-52 and a B-1 for size compare.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes and no...yes it would be cool, but if I remember correctly after a few hundred feet in OFP you go into the clouds and you can't see a damn thing.  So I don't think the gun turrets would help too much there.     Maybe those bombers used in Dolittle's low level raid on Japan might be doable in OFP, but not high level carpet bombing unless it was the AI doing the bombing...but you'd never see the bombers.  

<span id='postcolor'>

I think your talking about those modified B-24 liberators , but you were right about carpet bombing at a high altitude being a pain in the ass, but a B-24 would be cool, except that it doesnt have many turrets, oh well beggers cant be choosers smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MIG-29 @ June 26 2002,20:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes and no...yes it would be cool, but if I remember correctly after a few hundred feet in OFP you go into the clouds and you can't see a damn thing.  So I don't think the gun turrets would help too much there.     Maybe those bombers used in Dolittle's low level raid on Japan might be doable in OFP, but not high level carpet bombing unless it was the AI doing the bombing...but you'd never see the bombers.  

<span id='postcolor'>

I think your talking about those modified B-24 liberators , but you were right about carpet bombing at a high altitude being a pain in the ass, but a B-24 would be cool, except that it doesnt have many turrets, oh well beggers cant be choosers smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The Doolitle Raider's aircraft were B-25 Mitchells. B-24s were America's other heavy bomber. There were actually more Liberators built than B-17s.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OFPEC have a fine forum, one of which is concerned with pre-1985 models, I suggest you go there and have a look <span id='postcolor'>

Ive been there before, but what im really looking for, is some WWII planes