someguydrawingstuff

Arma 3 FanArt

Any and all discussion about the 2 devs being jailed in Greece at the moment is not allowed here. BI specifically asked everyone to respect their wish to not post anything related to it. Please respect their wish!

And of course that includes any graphics and any other material for that matter!

** 2 posts deleted

Although remarkably plausible this artfully constructed fiction is put together by Italian-born artist Paolo Ventura using “action-man†dummies and minutely modeled sets. The first time I ever seen his artworks I thought they were real combat photographs.

http://sandroesposito.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/paolo-ventura_slump_finale57c1a1bc6.jpg

http://art-bunker.blogspot.com.au/2009/12/paolo-ventura-and-military-censorship.html

Gentlemen, we'll probably see those graphics by 2050. And then you will truly shit your pants looking at some things...

Good thread, hope we can get some more art.

Also those Iranians in that drawing look like they were pulled out of Star Trek, like some alien race. Not that it's not an amazing drawing, it's just the fancy tech and all looks space age.

"Starship Savior to Tehran, we appear to have located a cache loaded with NATO phasers. Destroying and continuing search, out."

Gentlemen, we'll probably see those graphics by 2050. And then you will truly shit your pants looking at some things...

Good thread, hope we can get some more art.

Also those Iranians in that drawing look like they were pulled out of Star Trek, like some alien race. Not that it's not an amazing drawing, it's just the fancy tech and all looks space age.

"Starship Savior to Tehran, we appear to have located a cache loaded with NATO phasers. Destroying and continuing search, out."

http://www.arma3.com/full/wp-content/gallery/blueprints/arma3_east_soldier_fullgear.jpg <- that´s how they look. Difference is, in the pic I ommitted the chestrig. Everything else is basically as in the game. :V

Also niiiiice antoineflemming! Keep it up. Let´s see if we can bring this thread to size some, errybody :>

Edited by InstaGoat

Did you draw that? If so, good work for such short notice. Interesting to see the vast differences between 2009 and 2035. ;)

Yeah, I drew that.

even in the fanart thread, we must observe the image size rules. Thanks :)

Lets quote this as some seem to have forgotten it!

Lets quote this as some seem to have forgotten it!

It's 100kb? Damn, my mistake. Somebody told me it was 500kb. :(

Edited by Laqueesha

Here is the speedpainting vid of my pic, i hope its okay if i post it here

I know it isnt drawed very well, but i think the coloring was quite good.

@antoineflemming i love your art! :D

Edited by someguydrawingstuff

On the contrary. I think it's quite generous of you to share your process.

I think you have some pretty nice instincts and digital painting techniques. The fact you use reference quite a lot is a very good habit. I think it's something that many artists neglect.

For your future paintings, I would suggest you read about drawing with structure, and study anatomy. Just like painting techniques, developing these things is ongoing. A really interesting and fun (for me) excercise is to draw a figure from the inside out. It's fun to do and the resulting drawings can actually look really interesting depending on how much of the subsurface structure you remove from the final artwork. First you draw a line of action, then simple shapes, then rough in the skeleton, then the muscles, then the skin, then the clothes. The shape of everything is dependent on the shape of the skeleton, and this exploration is a good way of learning the interrelation of the sub surface structures and the outer forms. The good thing is that, like anything, the more you draw, the faster and more precise you will become and the looser and more relaxed your drawings will feel.

I´m still in the UK. I might upload something once I am back, if I can come up with something. Also I bought a british military issue UBACS. :I The pockets are hueg. Will make taking reference pics for poses easier, since the shirt of the BLUFOR is based on the BAF UBACS model instead of an actual crye shirt.

Quickly whipped up another picture today. I am not quite happy with it, but that is very usual for me.

oTI8Gl.jpg

NATO trooper on patrol. I used no references at all, so nothing really looks like it should look, but oh well. This was just training for composition, space and contrast. I think as far as those things go, it looks okay.

More may be following in the coming days and weeks, depending on how I feel. Toodles!

Credits: Arma 3 badge from some Arma 3 thread where devs posted it, font from Simmers Paintshop, 7th ID badge from Wikipedia.

It's a well-crafted sketch, but... Don't you think that that guy's nasal dimensions are somewhat... Excessive? :p

It's a well-crafted sketch, but... Don't you think that that guy's nasal dimensions are somewhat... Excessive? :p

If it was only that, I would be happy :p

If I ever re-work this in colour, I´ll do something about it. For now, it´s just his genetics, I guess.

Amazing work, I'm sure the guys at BIS are quiet inspired by these impressions ;D

Recently got a tablet, thought this would be a good first project, took me around 2 hours on and off. Happy with it for my first go.

vR25N.jpg

Hires