someguydrawingstuff

Arma 3 FanArt

Nice one mate.

Motivated me to dust off the tablet again I think.

I wish I could draw. Maybe I could whip something up and post it here.

D8ZoYl.jpg

Greek Free Army Special Forces Rifleman, firing the MX-6.5 Long-frame Rifle. 4 ish hours from photographic reference (not traced), but with lots of liberty taken with the details.

Not finished, but my hand started to hurt too badly to continue, so I stopped for now. Plus, it´s very late. I might continue working on this if I feel like it, details, background, camo, etc.

Also, if anybody has questions or whatevs, feel free to ask. I am not very good at this, but maybe I can also share some helpful thoughts on arts and stuff.

Also obviously credits for the brand go to BI. May you be inspired!

Edit: Imgur wrecked the picture, I apologize for that.

Edited by InstaGoat

Well done, very nice!

The stance and the thumb over the barrel hold just make it better.

Awesome! Love the coloring, how do you do this? I cant do this without a line/hard shape :/

Sketched with broad brush for bodyshape and pose, roughed the outlines of the gear and weapon, and then went over that with detailed blacklines. I copied the blackline sketch, made the copy invisible and then began painting straight over the sketch. You can use multiple techniques for sketching the details other than that, but painting is basically the Idea not to use outlines to define the shape, and instead use the shape, colour and illumination instead. It´s a pretty tall art, actually, and getting good at it takes years. I am pretty shitty myself compared to the person who taught me the basics, but I am getting there.

Picture showing the two sketch layers here. Total layers I painted is three: one intial sketch, one detail sketch and all colour on a single layer (apart from the red lighting, which I added later for contrast)

Z1Nrgl.jpg

The final picture in my other post above shows the final picture after painting over the copy of the detail sketch layer. Nevermind the US flag, I turned him into a greek during the colouring process.

Last thing I have to add is that what´s important is patience and persistence, and the willingness to try out new stuff. Instead of saying "I can´t" say "I can´t yet".

Hope this halps.

Insta

Insta that's a great looking drawing. I really went "Damn..." in my head. Love it :) Though I kinda hate you know, cause I'm running gear customization combos in my head and I'm getting overly excited :D

Greek Free Army Special Forces Rifleman, firing the MX-6.5 Long-frame Rifle.

Amazing! Free Hellas! :)

http://i.imgur.com/D8ZoYl.jpg

Greek Free Army Special Forces Rifleman, firing the MX-6.5 Long-frame Rifle. 4 ish hours from photographic reference (not traced), but with lots of liberty taken with the details.

Not finished, but my hand started to hurt too badly to continue, so I stopped for now. Plus, it´s very late. I might continue working on this if I feel like it, details, background, camo, etc.

Also, if anybody has questions or whatevs, feel free to ask. I am not very good at this, but maybe I can also share some helpful thoughts on arts and stuff.

Also obviously credits for the brand go to BI. May you be inspired!

Edit: Imgur wrecked the picture, I apologize for that.

Hope you don't mind, but by camo do you possibly mean something like this? :p

arma3greekresistancecon.jpg

Hope you don't mind, but by camo do you possibly mean something like this? :p

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9877/arma3greekresistancecon.jpg

Wow, that looks pretty neat. Is that a custom camo swatch? I almost thought it was this soviet copy of the SS amoeba camo that the Arma 2 spetsnaz are wearing, but this pattern I´m entirely unfamiliar with... I like it. Is it an actual camo, or an original design?

Wow, that looks pretty neat. Is that a custom camo swatch? I almost thought it was this soviet copy of the SS amoeba camo that the Arma 2 spetsnaz are wearing, but this pattern I´m entirely unfamiliar with... I like it. Is it an actual camo, or an original design?

It's the Greek Resistance camo made by BIS for ArmA3. Got it from here: http://www.zazzle.com/arma_3_hexacam_arid_camo_pattern_mousepad-144475457665989559

I only know because there are screens with that camo on some tanks. Plus there's this that gives it away: http://www.arma3.com/full/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/web_factions_artwork.jpg The third faction I believe is the Greek Resistance. Notice the camo.

jLHj2l.jpg

Painting I did out of frustration after GIMP crashed on me with 2 hours of unsaved progress on another, very similar piece.

7th ID mounted scout, Turkey 2034

Looks great hoping for some big ass guns like AS50/M107

Perhaps something like this?

Interesting paint over. The lighting on the background doesn't look like it's very consistent with what's going on in the foreground so the image itslef looks a bit surreal. I think it would also help to desaturate the blue in the sky. It looks too intense.

If you're going for the mix media photos and painting thing anyway, I would suggest finding some photo reference to put some texture into the walls of the plaster huts or whatever it is they make them out of- sandstone...