someguydrawingstuff

Arma 3 FanArt

Here is my ARMA 3 FanArt, hope you like it :)

http://i.imgur.com/bgxez.jpg > 100 KB

I will upload a speedart video of this picture soon, too.

Is there anyone that has some FanArt for Arma, too ? I didnt find any, so i tought i will create a FanArt Thread. So please if you have some Arma Art or want to do some, post it here

Greetings from Germany :)

Edited by Max Power
Uploaded the pic to imgur

Oh are we having an arts thread?

I wanted to open one once I had more done, but now that this is here, I´ll post the one thing I have so far.

8OKadl.jpg

"Letters Home"

Artrage + GIMP, transcription of a painting from the Soviet Afghanistan War. First in what´s supposed to be a series depicting life in occupied Greece along the Jerusalem accord DMZ.

• Like 3

Oh are we having an arts thread?

I wanted to open one once I had more done, but now that this is here, I´ll post the one thing I have so far.

http://i.imgur.com/8OKadl.jpg

"Letters Home"

Artrage + GIMP, transcription of a painting from the Soviet Afghanistan War. First in what´s supposed to be a series depicting life in occupied Greece along the Jerusalem accord DMZ.

Wow thats amazing! I realy like the style, my pics are allways so unproportional :/

Nice painting, instagoat. I just wanted to say that you have a little tangent in your composition. The chair seems to be plugged into the soldier's head... it took me a while to figure out that the tablet was resting on a chair. At first I thought they were all part of the same object. You might consider changing the chair slightly or increasing the difference between the helmet and the chair.

I really like your painting. It reminds me of the paintings that were in all of the old roleplay books in the 90s... like something you might see in Twilight 2000 book or something.

The paintings made by InstaGoat makes me daydream about putting a couple 7.62mms through the opening of the chair into his head. :D Ah the good ol' days, soon to be renewed!

... like something you might see in Twilight 2000 book or something.

Yep same thing occured to me, think its in the grit. Good work Insta goat. Although it could be said there are some perspective issues with the chair (and wall behind) I actualy quite like it, the character still holds up and it gives it a 'Front line art' feel.

Oh and hats off to someguydrawingstuff for stating the thread, I hope it takes off.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Didn´t want to completely hijack the thread but I guess I´ll reply to what´s been said.

The perspective is wonky because it´s a literally 1:1 transcription of a rather crude painting from the soviet afghan war, that is, essentially a copy of the composition and theme. I took the existing shapes of the painting, and drove over them with new colours, different wall textures and a little less clutter, and of course the 2035 era character.

I used artrage2 and GIMP. This is the first piece I did since April, after I told myself that I´d completely stop doing art at all due to things happening in my life and crisis and self doubts etc etc, but it´s kinda genetic so I have to kinda do it despite not really thinking I can get anywhere with it.

As I finish more pieces regarding Arma 3, I will add them here, be they sketches, doodles or actual works like this one.

Again, thanks for the kind comments and pointers, and obvsly thanks for making the thread.

Wow thats amazing! I realy like the style, my pics are allways so unproportional :/

Keep practicing. Use photographic and real life sources, and learn to draw what you see. Observe how proportions look, and draw them as they look, not how you think/feel how they should look. (Latter is most important.) The rest really is just grit and time and effort. Also experiment a lot with different styles (photo bashes, painting, drawing, collage, etc) to see what works best for you. Hope that helps, keep it up!

Cheers, Instagoat

Here's a great

Hah! The video i using the old A3 pic I shopped together along time ago! :) Let alone the silly bf3-ish version of it.

Nice work guys.

This looked like a nice excuse to pull the tablet out which hasnt had any real usage for quite awhile hah

So I 'ArmA 3'd' a photo. Some angles and stuff are totally shit, but it was fun anyway haha

usarma3ed.jpg

• Like 1

I did trace some leg outlines and arm outlines for this one, as I'm coming back in abit rusty :D, then drew in the arma3 gear, accessories and rifle and then shaded it in.

Used the tablet, it took some getting used to again thats for sure.

Although remarkably plausible this artfully constructed fiction is put together by Italian-born artist Paolo Ventura using “action-man†dummies and minutely modeled sets. The first time I ever seen his artworks I thought they were real combat photographs.

paolo-ventura_slump_finale57c1a1bc6.jpg

http://art-bunker.blogspot.com.au/2009/12/paolo-ventura-and-military-censorship.html

• Like 5

@Madeon, before I read your post I was like "This is an art thread not a real-life picture thread" but this is looks truly amazing and real!

@ Madeon,

That pic was so convincing. I got pissed when I saw it. I thought "How dare someone post this picture!"

Bad memories.

Anyhow, after I realized it was figures...I thought wow! That's talent.

The only problem with that is that the camera angle seems too unnatural to be a front line photo. Getting a picture from such a height would mean that the photographer'd be exposed to fire over the parapet and sandbags while taking it. Still, impressive what people can do with plastic, food colouring and corn syrup.

1ctnYl.jpg

15 minute rush rush rush. Opfor sketch.

Edit: Sorry mods, fuddled up the size. Checked it, now is 29kb on my screen. Hopefully it´s correct!

Edited by InstaGoat

Nice one Insta, good for a 15 min rush job :)

Awesome job guys, loving the art. Although I can't draw worth anything I can do visual designing, but that's about it.

But so far, loving it. Keep em coming!