Sign in to follow this  
Skyfyre

Escaping a Fight

I seem to have terrible luck and end up in carrier fights right at the very beginning of the game, and considering how often I've lost these fights I've taken to trying to flee them, which turned out to be impossible.

how do I avoid or escape these encounters? I've tried taking out the engines but either I don't seem to do any damage or my vehicles get shot down

To get the enemy carrier's engines the best bet is to fly low to stay under the AA and hit the side pods (not the rear) or the carrier with as many missiles/rockets as possible. AI controlled Manta's will get shot down as they fly within the height limits of the AA guns, so keep them docked until you have taken out the carrier AA.......

G

It might be best to launch all your vehicles first and keep them out of range while positioning the carrier behind the enemy carrier, this is in case your lift gets damaged, use the carrier guns to take out the enemy carrier guns, then use your mantas and walrus to take out the enemy vehicles, ctrl + select every vehicle and click on the enemy vehicles one at a time to focus all the fire-power.

To get the enemy carrier's engines the best bet is to fly low to stay under the AA and hit the side pods (not the rear) or the carrier with as many missiles/rockets as possible. AI controlled Manta's will get shot down as they fly within the height limits of the AA guns, so keep them docked until you have taken out the carrier AA.......

G

thats what Ive been trying but even when my mantas are 3 meters above the water the AA still gets them

It might be best to launch all your vehicles first and keep them out of range while positioning the carrier behind the enemy carrier, this is in case your lift gets damaged, use the carrier guns to take out the enemy carrier guns, then use your mantas and walrus to take out the enemy vehicles, ctrl + select every vehicle and click on the enemy vehicles one at a time to focus all the fire-power.

I'm a bit hesitant to get close with my carrier but i guess I can try

Plamsa guns on the manta - set your carrier course AWAY from the enemy - fly your manta low and to one side - then take out one engine pod from EXTREME range. That will slow your enemy allowing you to return and reload.

When possible - put an island between you and the enemy - don't be afraid to fly around the island as needed.

I did try pulling alongside the carrier like the old naval sail ships do in cannon fights, both carriers got badly damaged and the enemy limped off and got our of range of my mantas fairly quick, I was dead in water with very little fuel and no stockpile island because the enemy had just taken it, all my supplies were gone, fortunately there was enough fuel to get the lifts and walrus docks repaired so I could land them, took ages to set another stockpile island and produce fuel, bad idea lol.

It's pretty easy actually, look on radar for enemy carrier location and direction. move your carrier to intercept it. Stop your carrier and turn so your main cannon will point towards the incoming enemy carrier. Man the turret and wait, adjust your carrier accordingly. When you see it from the fog, start hitting it's plasma turret 1st. Once it's destroyed kill all other turrets and it's engine.

It's pretty easy after that. I really hope they fix this.

really depends on the strength level you set at the start. If you set low strength the enemy carrier seems to rarely use its M.A.N.T.A and W.A.L.R.U.S units but on the highest level it is more accurate and uses all of its units. On low level I can sail up to it and quite easily defeat it with just plasma cannon, but on hard some of these other tactics written here are quite effective. You just have to find your own way I guess.

It's pretty easy actually, look on radar for enemy carrier location and direction. move your carrier to intercept it. Stop your carrier and turn so your main cannon will point towards the incoming enemy carrier. Man the turret and wait, adjust your carrier accordingly. When you see it from the fog, start hitting it's plasma turret 1st. Once it's destroyed kill all other turrets and it's engine.

It's pretty easy after that. I really hope they fix this.

i sorta managed to do it that way except for some reason the enemy carrier just sat on the edge of visual range, i used a walrus with a H.E.A.T. cannon to disable its weapons and one engine but when as i was fleeing i realized that the AI didnt have any factories so i just finished the carrier off

If you are looking to escape the best way is to hit its engines with your plasma cannon. The engines are NOT on the back, they are on the side "wings" then once the enwmiy has slowed sown, just turn around and leg it.

Basicly if you see it coming sail to the side of the way its coming then turn around and charge it.

The reason your units are dying so fast is probably that the enemy carrier is launching defense drones which ram then and take them out. You have some on your ship as well si of you see him launching then launch your own

But really if you are having trouble, the simplest way to deal with it is to turn the enemy strength right down