Sign in to follow this  
Toasticuss

Activate trigger by radio or by waiting a certain amount of time?

Hey guys, this is probably an extremely easy answer for someone more versed in editing, I need to make a trigger fire off either by radio execution or by waiting a certain amount of time.

For the condition I've tried the only thing I can think of which is

this or time == 30;

30 being the seconds it should wait until it fires off, however it doesn't do anything, only the radio works.

Can anyone please assist? Thanks.

Time is most likely never equal to 30.

Try

time > 30

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

&& means AND

|| means OR (which is what you want)

Time is most likely never equal to 30.

Try

time > 30

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

&& means AND

|| means OR (which is what you want)

Thanks for the quick response, it unfortunately still does nothing :(

I'm not sure if the condition for radio triggers are checked like normal triggers.

Try setting up a normal trigger. None present and in the condition field put:

myCondition || (time > 30)

And then add whatever activation you had.

And in the RADIO ALPHA (or similar) you put

myCondition = true;

I'm not sure if the condition for radio triggers are checked like normal triggers.

Try setting up a normal trigger. None present and in the condition field put:

myCondition || (time > 30)

And then add whatever activation you had.

And in the RADIO ALPHA (or similar) you put

myCondition = true;

Thanks for the response again, sadly it still did not work, here is the mission if you want to see if I did correctly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ejoulqstrfsay4j/Radio_or_time%2520activation.Desert_E.zip

The humvee should move if the radio is triggered or 30 seconds has lapsed....

What you are trying to accomplish, is two totally different things.

Radio triggers must be activated by a radio command.

Trigger types

especially this part:

Radio triggers do not make use of the six conditions below, or wait for the Countdown/Timeout Counters!

What you are trying to accomplish, is two totally different things.

Radio triggers must be activated by a radio command.

Trigger types

especially this part:

Radio triggers do not make use of the six conditions below, or wait for the Countdown/Timeout Counters!

Well that explains why that isn't working, so to get around that I could use two triggers and sync them both to a waypoint right?

I synced a time only trigger to a vehicle move waypoint but the vehicle moves right after it spawns.... Why is that?

Condition being - this && (time > 35);

I also tried the same trigger with the condition being this and just a count down of 30 seconds but the vehicle also moves right away...

Edited by Toasticuss

I tried it with a hold wp first, and switch trigger with your conditions of myCondition || (time > 30). This only worked for the myCondition trigger part.

I generally don't use the editor placed waypoints, so I'm not sure if the (time>30) part is not working now(broken), or it's not set up properly.

Hopefully someone will step up with more editor placed waypoint suggestions...

Thanks for the response again, sadly it still did not work, here is the mission if you want to see if I did correctly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ejoulqstrfsay4j/Radio_or_time%2520activation.Desert_E.zip

The humvee should move if the radio is triggered or 30 seconds has lapsed....

set

myCondition = false;

in your init.sqf. Alternatively place a trigger with condition true and then on act : myCondition = false;

I thought nil variables was handled different by triggers, but appearently that only works when you only have the variable in the condition.

Well that explains why that isn't working, so to get around that I could use two triggers and sync them both to a waypoint right?

I synced a time only trigger to a vehicle move waypoint but the vehicle moves right after it spawns.... Why is that?

Condition being - this && (time > 35);

I also tried the same trigger with the condition being this and just a count down of 30 seconds but the vehicle also moves right away...

Triggers sync are for the next waypoint. So it will work if you place one MOVE waypoint just infront of the car and then sync the trigger to that waypoint and then have the other waypoint where you want it to move.

You do realise that time>35 is from the start of the mission not from when the trigger is called.

Call it as soon as the game starts you get close to 35 seconds

Call it a minute into the game and it's instant as time is greater then 35 seconds.

Name the radio trigger trig1

in a second trigger set all three boxes to 35

condition

triggeractivated trig1