Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 96493 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[96493] Fixed: MP - Gunner firing broken (blank ammo) when human pilot activates manual fire before the human gunner enters.

[96488] Fixed: Deactivated satchel charge not picked up even if you had 2 empty slots

some crashfixes were included in yesterday betas, more debug traps for unfixed ones too

there is also included revert of some lod fixes change to avoid abrupt lod switches

BattlEye compatibility: SUPPORTED, enjoy ...

Edited by Dwarden

AI pilots (helicopters) do crash more often even in Takistan - happens with flyinheight 500 and safe behaviour. Would be better if AI pilots keep at least a safe distance to ground and do use a bigger terain collision detection radius.

AI pilots (helicopters) do crash more often even in Takistan - happens with flyinheight 500 and safe behaviour. Would be better if AI pilots keep at least a safe distance to ground and do use a bigger terain collision detection radius.

Since when?

Repro mission?

This is not 1.62mp build?

Reported as 1.62.96493 inside menu, probably Dwarden just made a typo.

@Dwarden, please check my latest PM, I sent you some more info.

Dr.Hladik noticed in betabuild 96061 just set some AI choppers on airfield Loy Manara with waypoints over ChakChak - Sakhe - Khushab - Mulladost - Feruz Abad and back to Loy Manara. Usually they crash around Khushab/Jilavur. Btw in the OA SP Patrol Mission with AH-6 the Apache crashed into the hill close to last waypoint (where you can see Blufor tanks, IFVs driving on the road). Seems that Apache AI pilot couldn't measure how close the hill was.... instead if gaining altitude he speed up too fast and crashed.

Thanks for this beta :

[96493] Fixed: MP - Gunner firing broken (blank ammo) when human pilot activates manual fire before the human gunner enters.

Now that was quick :D

We're definitely back to the old LOD system. My repro mission shows the old behaviour now: nice stable LODs when object detail is set to "very high", massive LOD flickering on anything below that.

Hi All,

I am running Arma 2 OA server using 1.62.96493 patch version. The server crashed, and created the minidump, as well as other debugging information. How do I go about reporting this crash? Who do I send the minidump, and log files to ... so that this crash can be fixed?

The crash has happened only once since I started using the server last night ... so I am not sure how consistent it is ... or what the exact reproduction conditions are. Hopefully I am posting in the right forum for this issue. If not, please advise where to seek help.

IIRC the only vehicle that could possibly detect and jam a missile in A2OA is only the T-90 with Shtora (APS) system. All the other A2OA vehicles (with AI as crew or crewmember) should not instant-automatically deploy a smoke screen if they got locked by a missile or bomb.

anyone had this happen with this build VON not working can hear just can't Talk

was on Domanation server

went back to 95417 and VON works again

If you read the changelog you'll see that the VON port has changed recently. That means the server should be updated also to make it work. (didn't test tho)