Sign in to follow this  
BeerHunter

Day Z players playing ArmA2 now.

Just read on the TG web site that their Alpha server (ArmA2 CO) has been really busy with more and more Day Z players trying ArmA2 MP and being really impressed with the team work and ordnance available.

Not saying that they'll give up the Day Z mod , but now they have two MP games to play. Good news for the MP community me thinks.:)

I've heard people say that DayZ players can make rather good ArmA2 players because they've already spent a deal of time doing things.... quietly :) i.e. they already appreciate the patience needed.

I too have seen a lot more new players on TAW domination where I play quite often. It's great to see, even if it is a bit chaotic at times :D

There are some good guys between. They ask if they dont know what to do, but not to much.

But there are a lot of guys doing really strange or bad things, like teamkilling, vehicle stealing, some even dont know how to use teamchannel ....

It looks if them only played Dayz without give the singleplayer a try or reading a handbook ( or something similar), and then they say lets look for A2 multiplayer without getting (any) knowledge about the gameplay. You could hear in the early Dayz-days ask them "where are the zombies", and there was lot of teamkilling.

But its hopefull you see more and more the good guys and not so many of the "dayz-noobs" from week to week.

Our Community has a few new players that started playing Arma because of DayZ. The complexity of Arma+ACE+ACRE+Our realistic Missions and playstyle is quite intimidating to some but soon they begin to enjoy the good teamwork and have a good time.

As I said before: Any new people are good. The game will sort the wheat from the chaff. Good people who like the game are drawn in, and as Arma 3 slowly nears, they get interested in the milsim tactilol aspect of the game and want to try it out.

And I hope they´ll be impressed enough to look past the flaws, and become members of the community, and avid players of the best game to ever grace the face of the gaming world. I am totally unbiased obvsly 8I

I too have seen a lot more new players on TAW domination where I play quite often. It's great to see, even if it is a bit chaotic at times :D

I play there too sometimes, good fun. Except for the constant teamkilling going on, Dayz players most of them I bet.

Aha that's why I got killed for my gear and car so frequently in Warfare these days.

I ask you all to give the new players a helping hand and a little compassion.

They have come in from an enviroment particularly nerve racking, (those that made it through) and without mercy.

Thanks.

I do enjoy when a DayZ Player makes the transfer to the MP Community, and not only stays but out-performs existing players. It shows to me our community is improving itself step by step; (The MP Community. We wuz here first :P )

I have played in a closed group of friends (around 30 of us) for many years, it is better for us because we have an ongoing game that started with SL board game back in the late 70’s early 80’s, continued on through different variations, on and off, over the years, inc the pc version SL & ASL, then came along this series, 'a revelation' and just what we were looking for, not the game, but the ‘great editor’)..

I hope that dayz players come into the A2 side of the game, they will enjoy it a lot. Just hope that the small minority of members on here don’t put them off the game with adverse elitist attitudes. Most on these forums are very helpful and friendly, plus these forums only reflect a small part of the whole series following, very small I would think.

Enjoy the game whoever wants to play it, I certainly have and still do, not the game that is, the 'Editor'...;)

Quite a few of us from our gaming forum started with dayz, Infact I even rented a server from kocheffel. Constantly full, but after 3 months the novelty wore off..

So now the majority of early dayz players ave moved over to A2, we actually have two servers running at the moment, one twenty man running mods, and the old dayz server running vanilla A2..

Obviously the game is totally different, but the sneaky stealth tactics we learned from dayz has helped us loads..

Hopefully most if not all of us will be around for A3..

it's funny, for me, when im a 1 year arma player, go for example on a warfare server with few dayz buddys, and are asking me everytime: can we get that weapon, or can we have that car, or can i fly that chopper. I've always to explain, that this mission actually offers everything arma 2 has to offer. Nearly all weapons, cars, vehicles, tanks, chopper, planes. Theyr geting amazed, and half a hour later again: hey, can u drive that car here, seems they still cant figure out, how huge that mission actually is. :D

Warfare is a difficult concept, you can't win it using shooter reflexes and linear going from town to town. The usual DayZ suspecsts are most of the time totally lost since there is barely any documentation how Warfare works and what you need to do too smart out players in towns under siege.

Warfare is a difficult concept, you can't win it using shooter reflexes and linear going from town to town. The usual DayZ suspecsts are most of the time totally lost since there is barely any documentation how Warfare works and what you need to do too smart out players in towns under siege.

yeah, probably thats why they loved evolution FFA Red so much, they been playing it non stop for 2 weeks almost. ;) FFA is much more simple.

I suppose DayZ can be good preparation grounds for future Warfare cannon fodder in ArmA III. :icon_twisted: Element of the economy adds to the longevity and overall dynamics of the "round", often lasting three to four hours, which I'm sure they will appreciate.

Lemnos, here I come!

---------- Post added at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 14:58 ----------

yeah, probably thats why they loved evolution FFA Red so much, they been playing it non stop for 2 weeks almost. ;) FFA is much more simple.

I started Armed Assault 1 with the original Evolution BLUE with Paraiso airport being the F.O.B. - we didn't have mobile HQ respawns back then, which meant having awesomely long helo sorties to Pita and Eponia in the Northern part of Sahrani. :p

I have seen a few DayZ players joining regular non DayZ servers but leaving the DayZ mod enabled. This causes some really odd behavoir like not having weapons and not being able to see some units etc. Fixed up a few of them by telling them to rejoin without DayZ enabled.

I play there too sometimes, good fun. Except for the constant teamkilling going on, Dayz players most of them I bet.

TAW Domination server has always been that way long before DayZ appeared.

They never seem to do anything when people are causing problem beyond a rare kick, Never once seen a ban occur there when it was well deserved.

I like them!

Thinking out of the box is one primary attribute of any ArmA player, and by leaving DayZ behind any DayZ player achieves that status :)

I ask you all to give the new players a helping hand and a little compassion.

They have come in from an enviroment particularly nerve racking, (those that made it through) and without mercy.

Thanks.

Haha, dude it's a video game...

If you see a new player trying to learn warfare, give this to him/her

Even if some of the menu is different with the constant updates, the basic and concept should still be the same.

AUSARMA has about 10 DayZ only clans now and a lot of blokes are giving Arma and "tactical Arma" a shot which is interesting.... interesting is the word.

So DayZ has provided ArmA with the level of marketing it needed... :)

It's a case "Why should I play ArmA, when there's BF 3". :p Seeing as ArmA controls are in no way competitive with other titles in the genre, I can see how people may not like playing with clunky controls/interface, where they do have to fight. In DayZ you can disengage at any time and return to whatever it is you were doing.

So yeah, I'm pitching about weapon and equipment selection on number row being introduced in ArmA III. :icon_twisted:

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin