Sign in to follow this  
anton-korduan

Download size of Beta?

Hello!

Whats the whole File-Size of the Carrier Command Beta-Download?

(I have only an limited amount of download capacity - therefore its important for me it its more then one Gigabyte or not...)

Thanx

Anton

Perfect! Thanx.

Is it right, that the Beta is only downloadable till end of this month (will say till tonight)?

So if I order CarrierCommand today I would be able to Download it later... or what do you think? is only downloadable till end of this month (will say till tonight)?

And by the way: Is the beta good? Is it worth downloading or should I wait... (waiting is sooo hard)

Beta is still available for me to download from my account page. No idea if it will be available to you, if you buy right just now.

Ok - thank you. My problem is that I could download it only in 5 days - because my Download-Limit is active now (from my provider). So I have to decide if I try it, buy it and hope that the Download also works in a vew Days for me... :-(

They will btw release Beta 3 "very soon" (I hope somewhere between tomorrow->2 weeks)

Ah! Beta 3 - sounds very good!

So the possibility for downloading the Beta will remain?

Or do you think the Beta 3 is only for Beta2-Customers who already have the Beta downloadet?

Or do you think the Beta 3 is only for Beta2-Customers who already have the Beta downloadet?

I would expect that if you have signed up to the P&C Beta then you would be able to get BETA 3 regardless of whether or not you installed BETA 2.....

G

Hey guys,

Just to clarify things a little, the Pre-Order Beta and P&C Beta will be available up until release. So if you are part of the P&C program then you will be able to download the upcoming Beta 3. This applies for Pre-Order players as well.

Thank you, Dram.

Do I have to download Beta 3 completely, if I have installed Beta 2 or is is then like an Upgrade so only a part of it will be downloadet?

Do you think, we get an information (here?), when Beta 3 is available?

I ask all these things because of my lack of Internet-Bandwith. So it is an huge difference for me if I have to downloade both Betas with full size - which ist about 2.5 Gig at all... so the best "tactic" for me ist to wait till Beta3 is available. But I dont want to miss ist or wait on day more than necessary ... ;-)

From experiance, I just guess that you will have to download Beta 3 completely, uninstall Beta 2, Install Beta 3. Logicaly will be a stand allone as Beta 2 was. I doubt if beta 3 will be an upgrade patch of Beta 2. It will probably be much bigger on size compared to Beta 2. But then again, all these are my logical assamptions, a moderator may answer you.

Darn, I thought he was about to tell us that Beta 3 was done and a-ready for pick-up.

I really don't get the delay on beta 3. In my point of view, since we are close to the official release of game, Beta 3 is an existing previous version of the current version qualified for official release. So someone has to chose what previous version will be the beta 3 and just publish it for us. Maybe someone enlight us

Edited by Sungsam

Do I have to download Beta 3 completely, if I have installed Beta 2 or is is then like an Upgrade so only a part of it will be downloadet?

Unfortunately you have to download the whole beta 3. It doesn't work as patches. It won't be all that much bigger than beta 2, but a few megs extra is expected.

Do you think, we get an information (here?), when Beta 3 is available?

This week definitely. There will be an announcement on the forums that the beta 3 is ready for pickup.

I really don't get the delay on beta 3. In my point of view, since we are close to the official release of game, Beta 3 is an existing previous version of the current version qualified for official release. So someone has to chose what previous version will be the beta 3 and just publish it for us. Maybe someone enlight us

Not exactly, the beta is built from current data, so it will be very actual. The advantage of this for you is that you get the most recent data, and for us that you get to try out that data and give us feedback and bug reports. We'll have a list ready of changes since beta 2 but there are many, so the list may not reflect absolutely everything.

Oh Yes Dram, I forgot completly the case of recent data and test feedback. You are right, thanks for your answer !

Edited by Sungsam

This week definitely. There will be an announcement on the forums that the beta 3 is ready for pickup.

Jippie! Sounds great! *dancing*

Thank you.

Hey Dram!

quick B3 question myself: are we still under the restrictions from B1/B2 game play wise (limited island amount, no hammerhead/UAV usage)

I can guess and understand the story mode most likely isn't in (for spoiler reasons)

Hey Dram!

quick B3 question myself: are we still under the restrictions from B1/B2 game play wise (limited island amount, no hammerhead/UAV usage)

I can guess and understand the story mode most likely isn't in (for spoiler reasons)

Hi dingbat91,

Yes, we're keeping the restrictions in so as not to spoil the game ahead of time. That applies to the strategy game as well so that you have something to look forward to. Release is only a couple of weeks away :)

Oh, I'm going on holidays on Thursday, that does conflict with beta III ;)

Maybe you can let me have it now, so i can alpha test the beta. :/

Hi Dram!

Sorry for interrupting... I know, you guys have all hands full with work.

Is there any delay for Beta3 or do you think it will be ready today/tomorrow?

By the way: I think Splunkjamma's question was totally okay (Thread: Any ETA on Beta3 release ) and it would be good for us readers, if Foxhound would not close that Thread. And - also by the way - his aswer "But anyway, it will be released when it is ready" sounds not very satisfacting for me. Clear: its a correct answer. But with no worth and not very friendly because the question was very polite and theme was the announcing, that the release will be end of this week... If there is a delay it's also okay - so dont missunderstand me. I think we are all only just so enthusiastic and can't really wait till it's there...

Thank you for your wonderful work!

Anton

I'm 40 years old and can't wait so I can only imagine younger people getting impatient and perhaps saying stuff without thinking clearly.

Games of this calibre don't come along very often and CCGM will be remembered and played for decades to come.

I'm 40 years old and can't wait so I can only imagine younger people getting impatient and perhaps saying stuff without thinking clearly.

Games of this calibre don't come along very often and CCGM will be remembered and played for decades to come.

Absolutely - I'm totally with you.

My age is 38.

(Played the original ages ago... puh... good old times...)

I'm 40 years old and can't wait so I can only imagine younger people getting impatient
I'll see your 40 and raise you another 9 years...