Sign in to follow this  
Dirt

First Aid Kit

I would like to see a first aid kit. This would be a one time use item. Menu select like a weapon and then just click Bandage. All military soldiers carry one, so where is it.

I like your idea, Dirt. I hope it's done, but carefully. I don't want to see this great game turned into something else like a Doom or Quake-style "shoot and grab medkits" type thing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Dirt on 1:47 pm on Nov. 26, 2001

I would like to see a first aid kit. This would be a one time use item. Menu select like a weapon and then just click Bandage. All military soldiers carry one, so where is it.<span id='postcolor'>

Guest Scooby

I've suggested before such thing that every soldier would carry small first aid package that has bandages with him and other soldier could give first aid to him which would consume first aid package of the soldier that was given first aid to. (you are supposed to use first aid package of soldier you are giving first aid to, not your own).

Though to work in desired way whole wounding system in OFP would have to be changed.

Well if the wounding system has to be changed, that would probably require an engine change. In the past they've said that's not likely.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Scooby on 2:50 pm on Nov. 26, 2001

I've suggested before such thing that every soldier would carry small first aid package that has bandages with him and other soldier could give first aid to him which would consume first aid package of the soldier that was given first aid to. (you are supposed to use first aid package of soldier you are giving first aid to, not your own).

Though to work in desired way whole wounding system in OFP would have to be changed.<span id='postcolor'>

Dont you think that sometimes the damage system is a tad unrealistic already? I mean, if one soldier has taken serious damage, 2 healing trips would be enuff to get him on his feet again, good as new. I would think that certain damage done by bullets (ie a hand wound, or being crippled in the legs) would take more than the nearest medikit to repair. Just my 2 cents..

Guest Scooby

My idea back then was to have two different wound classes. Light wounds and critical wounds (and ofcourse in some cases straight death).

Light wounds would require any soldier to apply first aid to wounded soldier in certain time. Unless player has received first aid his wound would turn into a critical wound. After having first aid player would still get penalties to his actions depending of the location where he has been hit to.

Critical wounds would first require first aid from medic in certain time or player would die. After first aid from medic player would require evacuation to first aid post (not the right term but english is not my first language) or player would die.

Because this is a game, I think that after player has been at first aid post he could return to game after certain time with his wounds healed.

This first aid kit idéa sound great, but one thing i really want is to be able carry wounded soldiers to safety whith the "fireman grip" and treat their wounds in safety.

Im sick of having to get/give medical atention in an open field during a firefight whith the russians and you also have to look for the medics becouse they don´t look for wounded soldiers.

This first aid kit idéa sound great, but one thing i really want is to be able carry wounded soldiers to safety whith the "fireman grip" and treat their wounds in safety.

Im sick of having to get/give medical atention in an open field during a firefight whith the russians and you also have to look for the medics becouse they don´t look for wounded soldiers.